ADVERTISEMENT

Sangria?

WVRON

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Morgantown, WV
Nothing better thuis time of year than some really good Sangria! Anyone got a good recipe?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Agree and so does my wife and her firends. I don't have a recipe but a funny story.

The county I live in has one of the best wine festivals in the Commonwealth of Virginia. My wife and her friends went late in the day last year and found a vendor that has a Sangria mix "In a box" that is the three bottles they recommend sold in a box. They hung around this tent for awhile, becuse the guy was wanting to pack up and leave so he kept feeding them samples. They all bought products including the Sangria mix. Then I got the call that the DD couldn't drive becuase of the Sangria so had to go pick them up and drive home.

Lmao! Yup, tanked!

Yea I found one recipe for Sangria that had Cabernet, vodka and gin in it. I'm sure that stuff will get the job done!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I just drank a whole bunch of that stuff in Barcelona a couple weeks ago

What surprised me is how inconsistent it was; somehow I was expecting it to be pretty good pretty much everyplace in the second biggest city in Spain. But, I had it several times where it WAY too sweet; at least one of those places used a sangria mix, a la Daily's.

I did not try a white version; in retrospect, I wish I had.

Re: I just drank a whole bunch of that stuff in Barcelona a couple weeks ago

I've seen many different recipes and some use Sprite and some us soda water. I'm like you and don't like the ones that are too sweet so I'd think the soda water would be the way to go.

Below is a link to a recipe I found that may be the one...
This post was edited on 5/12 11:18 AM by WVRON

Sangria!

One difference in that recipe.....

......versus what I had is that the "Spanish" sangria I drank was made almost exclusively with SLICED fruit (as opposed to wedged/cut-up pieces).

Perhaps "processing" the fruit per that recipe actually makes for a better drink, while slicing fruit is really more function of expediency for a bar/restaurant where prep time is relevant in a high-volume environment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT