ADVERTISEMENT

Rich Rod

indyrckstar

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I do appreciate what RRod was able to do for our program (minus the departure part). In the game thread yesterday, some were wanting RRod back. I am looking at his records while at Power 5 level.

Michigan
2008 -- 3-9
2009 -- 5-7
2010 -- 7-6

Michigan total --> 15 -22
-Increased win totals each year but after years with a Michigan program, going 7-6 is not going to be enough to retain a job.

Arizona

2011 -- 8-5
2012 -- 8-5
2013 -- 10-4
2014 -- 7-6
2015 -- 3-9
2016 -- 7-6

Arizona total --> 43-35
-In 2013, won the Pac 12 South division and played in the championship game vs Oregon. Went 1-1 vs Oregon for that particular year. Oregon went on to the CFB playoffs to then lose to NT Ohio State.
-The last three years at Arizona is the same feel we are getting now with wanting to move on from NB.
-2016, the team averaged 24 PPG. To put this into perspective, they were the lowest scoring team in the Pac 12.
-Trend was going the wrong direction to which Arizona and RRod moved on. The run vs pass level was 509 runs vs 306 pass. That's a 60/40 ratio with run first mentality with is close to career average ratio being run base.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't post anything about Jacksonville State because we want comparison of Power 5 level success.

The question for the board is why do we think he is going to fix our program? His last several seasons at Arizona didn't get the job done. What makes you think he will have success here at WVU?

I don't take away from his success with PW/SS/OS. That was made due to him and the players. The issue is PW was a unicorn. We are most likely getting QBs not to that level. If he can't find that level of player, how will he succeed at WVU?

Reactions: Airport
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News