ADVERTISEMENT

***Red River Rivalry OU vs UT game thread.***

chrisle

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
The loser will pretty much be eliminated from the Big12 title race. I guess they could still finish in a tie with other 2 loss teams but I don't think the loser can win out.

What a great block by the WR to ensure the TD on that 96 yard run.

I know it's early, but OU is looking like they are back not only in the Big XII title hunt, but the national title race.

And the route is on!

14 total yards for Texas. 316 for Oklahoma.

8 minutes left in first half, 27-2 lead for OU. And that 2 points was from a blocked PAT.

Looks like Texas is letting their loss to us carry over to the OU game. Lose one and they fold down there, eh?

Yeaaaaah, I might put a bit of it on WVU. Because I can. Losing an emotional back and forth game can affect players. Especially getting that first loss. Plus they don't seem like the "overcome adversity" sort down there at Texas.

And I'm not trying to take too much away from OU. You guys punched UT in the mouth and they curled up into the fetal position and are rocking back and forth, mumbling incoherently in the corner.

Maybe it can be all OU?

Maybe OU losing to KSU has woke them up?

Maybe Texas just isn't that good of a team like many of us here in this area thought going into the season? We didn't buy into their hype.

Maybe it is the lack of emotion for losing a emotional game vs. WVU?

Who knows. But I can tell you from experience, an emotional loss doesn't always equate to having it follow over to the next game, especially when its a huge rivalry.

Also this isn't the first time Texas and/or OU has came in this game with a loss.

I can also say this much. OU looks to becoming the team we thought they would be coming into the season.

Their defense is coming a long pretty good and looking to be the best in the league. And the offense looks pretty salty as well.

Having the best fullback I have seen since Owen Schmitt and a backup qb who is essentially another fullback helps . Someone would really have to convince me that there are 5 better teams than the Sooners right now.

My prayers to Brandon Moore and his family, as well as the Texas Longhorn family.

Never like seeing these young men get hurt. Its a game for our enjoyment. The rivalry only goes so far!

God bless him!

Oklahoma was by far the better team yesterday. Don't kid yourself though, that Texas team laid down and quit. And just half way into season one WV fans already calling out Texas and their ability to handle adversity. I love it, and so true.

The schedule really did Texas any favors though.

At Big 12 Champs
Host 2012 Big 12 and Heisman favorites
THEN gear up for a rivalry game? There wasn't another level to go to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT