public schools should be a major concern of our government

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No - privatize

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Yes, but the budget is too big

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
You don't even recognize your own bias in your statements.........Again, you said "if SOME public schools are producing...." This is very telling......

That is a factual statement some public schools are performing most however aren't. At least not compared to their private counterparts.

I'm seeing results at my public school that my kids attend. So, my tax dollars are well spent. You speak as if ALL public schools are failing.....

Semi-retired from a government job in your forties with kids going to public schools. [eyeroll] You're such a liar.

Semi-retired from a government job in your forties with kids going to public schools. [eyeroll] You're such a liar.

If he is comfortable enough living on a government retirement why is he NOT sending his kids to private schools?

No way you're going to convince me that the private Choice options available to him are inferior to the public schools he is sending his kids off too.

That's not only being greedy that's being selfish and robbing them of their chance at the best education he can provide for them.

If he's only in his 40s he could be working a second job to supplement that retirement income and pay for private education for his kids.

Sending them off to be educated by the government is tantamount to educational suicide.

Reactions: Brushy Bill
You’re asking a 14-15 yr old kid to decide his/her future

We trust these kids to make the right decisions on the Internet and with a driver's license, and other things.......at the start of the 9th grade I think these kids can pick a general area for a career and go after it. Back when I was in high school, you had two groups: College Preparatory and Vo-Tech. We chose our path then......why can't the kids do so now?

Face it, how is a teacher going to motivate a student who has no desire to continue their education and is only sitting in that classroom because they are being forced to? Now, if that same student were given an opportunity to have 3-5 classes a day that would target their career interests, and while taking their core classes (scaled down to the needing to know only the basics) just a couple of days a week, isn't that more helpful?

Reactions: atlkvb
If he is comfortable enough living on a government retirement why is he NOT sending his kids to private schools?

No way you're going to convince me that the private Choice options available to him are inferior to the public schools he is sending his kids off too.

That's not only being greedy that's being selfish and robbing them of their chance at the best education he can provide for them.

If he's only in his 40s he could be working a second job to supplement that retirement income and pay for private education for his kids.

Sending them off to be educated by the government is tantamount to educational suicide.

Why? Because my kids have super ACT scores, are receiving a great public education, and I won't have to spend a DIME on education........other than my taxes..........

We trust these kids to make the right decisions on the Internet and with a driver's license, and other things.......at the start of the 9th grade I think these kids can pick a general area for a career and go after it. Back when I was in high school, you had two groups: College Preparatory and Vo-Tech. We chose our path then......why can't the kids do so now?

Face it, how is a teacher going to motivate a student who has no desire to continue their education and is only sitting in that classroom because they are being forced to? Now, if that same student were given an opportunity to have 3-5 classes a day that would target their career interests, and while taking their core classes (scaled down to the needing to know only the basics) just a couple of days a week, isn't that more helpful?
Depends on how you view education. I don’t see it strictly as a preparatory endeavor. I see it as the opportunity to help all students learn basic skills, social skills, an understanding of subjects that help their sense of civic responsibility, I’d like to add education in subjects like sociology and psychology to that mix, better drivers education courses.....all to help create a general and comprehensive education for all Americans.

Why? Because my kids have super ACT scores, are receiving a great public education, and I won't have to spend a DIME on education........other than my taxes..........

You are sending them to McDonald's for their educational nutrition when they could be dining at a fine restaurtant. What else do you owe them the best of besides your Love and safe shelter but the finest education you can afford? Now if you can't afford to send them to Private schools maybe you should be for Vouchers? Or maybe come out of retirement and earn more income?

You are sending to McDonald's for their educational nutrition when they could be dining at a fine restaurtant. What else do you owe them the best of besides your Love and safe shelter the finest education you can afford? Now if you can't afford to send them to Private schools maybe you should be for Vouchers? Or maybe come out of retirement and earn more income?

Says who? You? I'll raise my kids the way I see fit.......and considering that, as I stated, full-scholarships and high achievement scores, along with a well-rounded education and not having to pay high tuition for a private school........I'd say that is pretty financially responsible of myself...........

Depends on how you view education. I don’t see it strictly as a preparatory endeavor. I see it as the opportunity to help all students learn basic skills, social skills, an understanding of subjects that help their sense of civic responsibility, I’d like to add education in subjects like sociology and psychology to that mix, better drivers education courses.....all to help create a general and comprehensive education for all Americans.

I'd like to teach them how to apply for credit, mangage debt, balance a checkbook, apply for and interview for work and understand what profits are in relation to any job they aspire to be paid for.

They'll learn their social skills dealing with all the folks who will try to take advantage of them if they can't handle any of the above and they will be going into a world of debt, credit, handling their personal finances and getting paid for whatever value they can add to an employer's bottom line.

Says who? You? I'll raise my kids the way I see fit.......and considering that, as I stated, full-scholarships and high achievement scores, along with a well-rounded education and not having to pay high tuition for a private school........I'd say that is pretty financially responsible of myself...........

If you are satisfied you have equipped your kids to perform at the highest levels coming out of Government run education I can't criticize that. However I assure you they will be limited in how much they will achieve against other kids who's parents have invested in their educations to compete at the highest levels.

Michelle and Barrack...two politicos who I assume you admire sent their precious Daughters to a private school for that very reason when they could have sent them to Public schools. Many Federal Government employees do the same for their kids for the same reasons. Why are you such an exception to that rule? What do you know about Public Government run schools that they don't? What would Obama say to you about why he chose Private education for his kids over Government run schools?

....I assure you they will be limited in how much they will achieve against other kids who's parents have invested in their educations to compete at the highest levels. ....

Yeah, because they outscored other private school students.........[laughing].......burns your a$$........

EDIT: Stop being judgmental and racist because my white children achieved in public schools.........just because you don't think white children in public schools can......:popcorn:

If you are satisfied you have equipped your kids to perform at the highest levels coming out of Government run education I can't criticize that. However I assure you they will be limited in how much they will achieve against other kids who's parents have invested in their educations to compete at the highest levels.

Michelle and Barrack...two politicos who I assume you admire sent their precious Daughters to a private school for that very reason when they could have sent them to Public schools. Many Federal Government employees do the same for their kids for the same reasons. Why are you such an exception to that rule? What do you know about Public Government run schools that they don't? What would Obama say to you about why he chose Private education for his kids over Government run schools?
Ridiculous statement. You know nothing about the school, the programs offered at the school, the teachers, and you make a statement like that.....typical absolutist elitism

Ridiculous statement. You know nothing about the school, the programs offered at the school, the teachers, and you make a statement like that.....typical absolutist elitism

You're right I don't know anything about his particular Public school. But in general when measured against their nearest Private alternatives, Public schools wherever they are tend to be inferior to the Private schools.

I gave him the example of the Obamas. Why do you think they chose Private schools over Public Government schools for their kids? Not just them, many Federal Government employees send their kids to Private schools over their Government run options.

Why?

Just don't anyone dare "judge" him for what he types on here..........but he can others.......

I didn't say you couldn't judge me. Judge away. I'm offering my opinions and trying to offer examples backing them up. Can you explain to me why Government employees when given the option, choose Private schools over their Government run options?

Am I making that up or is that correct?

Last edited:
I didn't say you couldn't judge me. Judge away. Im offering my opinions and trying to offer examples backing them up. Can you explain to me why Government employees when given the option, choose Private schools over their Government run options?

Am I making that up or is that correct?

Nope......a person would be a "racist" for judging your rationale and thinking........and yet you judge more than others......YOU stated my kids will not achieve in life when compared to a private school graduate......so, now you can go :middlefinger: yourself........

I think your kids will "not achieve" because you're their father. They were doomed no matter where they went to school.

Last edited:
Nope......a person would be a "racist" for judging your rationale and thinking........and yet you judge more than others......YOU stated my kids will not achieve in life when compared to a private school graduate......so, now you can go :middlefinger: yourself........

I work in the real world. I told you your kids if they are not equipped to compete at the highest levels will not achieve against other kids who are. If you believe they are equipped to compete against the best, they'll do fine. I said if they aren't, they won't achieve as well as others who are.

What is incorrect about that? I didn't say your kids won't compete or can't. I said if they're not ready or equipped to compete at the highest levels, they can't. Now you go follow your own advice.

I think your kids will "not achieve" because you're their father. They were doomed no matter where they went to school.

Brushy did you happen to notice how neither one of them answered my question about why federal government employees send their kids to private school as opposed to Government schools?

They either know the answer and don't want to admit it or are ignorant of the answer.

Reactions: Brushy Bill
I work in the real world. I told you your kids if they are not equipped to compete at the highest levels will not achieve against other kids who are. If you believe they are equipped to compete against the best, they'll do fine. I said if they aren't, they won't achieve as well as others who are.

I didn't say your kids won't compete or can't. I said if they're not ready or equipped to compete at the highest levels, they can't. Now you go follow your own advice.

However I assure you they will be limited in how much they will achieve against other kids who's parents have invested in their educations to compete at the highest levels.

Brushy did you happen to notice how neither one of them answered my question about why federal government employees send their kids to private school as opposed to Government schools?

They either know the answer and don't want to admit it or are ignorant of the answer.

1. Urban vs. Rural
2. Who gives a flying F**K what others decide to do with their children and their money when it comes to education? If they want to send them to private, so be it..........

Correct. Exactly what I said in post 143. Didn't say they won't compete. I said they won't do as well as others who are prepared better than they are. If they have been prepared well, they will do fine. I don't know if they are prepared or not, you do. So if you know more about how well equipped they are it doesn't really matter what I think does it? All I said is if they're not ready to compete agsinst the best, they won't do as well.

1. Urban vs. Rural
2. Who gives a flying F**K what others decide to do with their children and their money when it comes to education? If they want to send them to private, so be it..........

Most parents who have the option will choose private schools. Why? They're better.
Period.
(Urban or Rural)

Correct. Exactly what I said in post 143. Didn't say they won't compete. I said they won't do as well as others who are prepared better than they are. If they have been prepared well, they will do fine. I don't know if they are prepared or not, you do. So if you know more about how well equipped they are it doesn't really matter what I think does it? All I said is if they're not ready to compete agsinst the best, they won't do as well.

But that's the case for EVERYONE dipsh!t..........including private school students..........

But that's the case for EVERYONE dipsh!t..........including private school students..........

Of course it is. But you know how when coach Holgorsen talks about the team practicing good on good? Same analogy.

1. Urban vs. Rural

I don't know what public school your kids went to my kids went to private schools.

I don't know your kids I do know my kids. I realize my kids are black, I assume your kids are white.

Even despite the perceptions of their inferior race, I will put my kids up against your kids or any other kids anytime anywhere any day for any test of their academic aptitude.

My kids are equipped to compete against the best and they will do well I promise you.

I hope yours are too. You say they are, but only you can know that for sure. I know my kids will not be given any excuses when they compete so they'd better be ready to go against the best.

They are.

Yeah, because they outscored other private school students.........[laughing].......burns your a$$........

EDIT: Stop being judgmental and racist because my white children achieved in public schools.........just because you don't think white children in public schools can......:popcorn:

All you need to do to shut me up is post the Private school's academic performance in your area vs Public schools'. I can do it for Metro Atlanta and it's embarrassing if your kids are in Atlanta Public schools.

Even the better public schools down here in Gwinnett county, Cobb county, and North Fulton county show distant inferior results compared to the Private schools down here. It's not even close.

You are both ignorant and a tool. Not sure which one is the cause or the reason for the other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT