ADVERTISEMENT

Parker’s answers ? On play calling here

mdeer1

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 10, 2002

ON HIS HISTORY OF PLAY CALLING…​

I'll paint a very honest picture. And then due respect by all parties involved, that's about all I would put with it, is that a very clear message was put across when I took the job (at wvu)that I would run unit meetings and do a lot of things. I was involved in every facet of building an offensive gameplan, controlling the players over there, and unit meetings, and all those things. And that was clearly portrayed.

During that time, I was offered by coach Brown an opportunity to be able to call plays at different times during year one. And those will be different moments redzone in different areas. When my number was called, be prepared. When it wasn’t, serve the head coach to serve our offense. That was done year two at a certain time, at that point, things changed for a multitude of reasons.

Well, my number was called, I was prepared to call those games and call them in entirety. So, at that point, that's when things maybe changed to a full scope of calling complete games. And again, the details of that I don't think are fair to anything moving forward. But I was tremendously grateful for that opportunity. It prepared me for what this one is going to be. And that's really about all I would say to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News