ADVERTISEMENT

"Panthers will no longer play road games against non-Power Five conference schools"

Angry little man back again. So what year did you beat WVU? O, 0, Zero, never, nothing. Interesting that the strength of opponents is actually your opponents' opponents. Girly mouth, you really are bad at this aren't you. 0-12 little man 0-12

Um, no. WTF does your post even say?

I've got you so rattled, you can't even make sense anymore, boy.

Beat Clemson and a ranked BYU team in 99 dumbass.

6-6 Clemson, in its first game with an all new coaching staff, new offensive and defensive schemes and a #25 BYU, at the time, in the questionable Coaches Poll?....and barely beat Clemson by 3 points? If Clemson would have a decent fieldgoal kicker the Herd would have lost. Could you imagine what a real top 10 team would have done to Clemson in a game like that?

Marshall, with its 113th rated schedule, was waaaaaaaaaay overrated.

Kudos being undefeated even if there were a couple speaker games against nobodies, but still....

Yes, thanks to weak schedules, the delusion is back.

Last edited:

Opponents strength of schedule,

Your strength of schedule was so weak you have to refer to your opponents' opponents to bolster your own strength of schedule. Yes Clemson played a good schedule in 1999 but Marshall did not. Were you so rattled you failed to remind me when the last time you beat WVU on the field? Let me answer that for you. Never. Little man never.

6-6 Clemson, in its first game with an all new coaching staff, new offensive and defensive schemes and a #25 BYU, at the time, in the questionable Coaches Poll?....and barely beat Clemson by 3 points? If Clemson would have a decent fieldgoal kicker the Herd would have lost. Could you imagine what a real top 10 team would have done to Clemson in a game like that?

Kudos being undefeated even if there were a couple speaker games against nobodies, but still....

Yes because barely beating Clemson at their house is such an easy thing to do, says the 1999 national champs just one month later

#2 Bowden Bowl I - Florida State 17, Clemson 14 - Oct. 23, 1999
69459.gif
The first Bobby-Tommy Bowden Bowl came in 1999, a 17-14 victory for No. 1 Florida State at Clemson before a record crowd of 86,092. The 'Noles came back from a 14-3 deficit at the half thanks to a short touchdown run by Travis Minor, a two-point conversion from Chris Weinke to Dan Kendra, and a couple of field goals by Sebastian Janikowski.
The star of the game offensively was All-American wide receiver Peter Warrick. The game marked the controversial return of the star wide receiver who had previously been suspended for two games as a result of the discount scandal at Dillard's. In his return, the explosive wideout caught 11 passes for 121 yards to lead the Seminole offense. Janikowski made three-of-five field goals including a decisive 39-yarder with 5:26 left to break a 14-14 tie. In addition to the win marking the first victory in the Bowden Bowl, it gave Bobby Bowden career victory No. 300. That FSU team went on to win the national championship, and the 17 points and three-point victory margin, were the smallest for Florida State in their wire-to-wire No. 1 national championship run.

77272.jpg
Larry: Clemson fans still wonder why Tommy Bowden elected to kick a 41-yard field goal late instead of going for it on fourth-and-short. Tommy said in the aftermath he probably should've gone for it. Tay Cody got a piece of Tony Lazzara's attempt to preserve the Seminoles' march to the title.

Reactions: 30Kelly
Opponents strength of schedule,

Your strength of schedule was so weak you have to refer to your opponents' opponents to bolster your own strength of schedule. Yes Clemson played a good schedule in 1999 but Marshall did not. Were you so rattled you failed to remind me when the last time you beat WVU on the field? Let me answer that for you. Never. Little man never.

What's funny is we don't need to beat you at all. Back to back to back

Comparing a huge rivalry to Clemson and Marshall?

If Clemson's first game, with an all new staff and new offensive and defensive schemes, was against FSU? Lol!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes because barely beating Clemson at their house is such an easy thing to do, says the 1999 national champs just one month later

#2 Bowden Bowl I - Florida State 17, Clemson 14 - Oct. 23, 1999
69459.gif
The first Bobby-Tommy Bowden Bowl came in 1999, a 17-14 victory for No. 1 Florida State at Clemson before a record crowd of 86,092. The 'Noles came back from a 14-3 deficit at the half thanks to a short touchdown run by Travis Minor, a two-point conversion from Chris Weinke to Dan Kendra, and a couple of field goals by Sebastian Janikowski.
The star of the game offensively was All-American wide receiver Peter Warrick. The game marked the controversial return of the star wide receiver who had previously been suspended for two games as a result of the discount scandal at Dillard's. In his return, the explosive wideout caught 11 passes for 121 yards to lead the Seminole offense. Janikowski made three-of-five field goals including a decisive 39-yarder with 5:26 left to break a 14-14 tie. In addition to the win marking the first victory in the Bowden Bowl, it gave Bobby Bowden career victory No. 300. That FSU team went on to win the national championship, and the 17 points and three-point victory margin, were the smallest for Florida State in their wire-to-wire No. 1 national championship run.

77272.jpg
Larry: Clemson fans still wonder why Tommy Bowden elected to kick a 41-yard field goal late instead of going for it on fourth-and-short. Tommy said in the aftermath he probably should've gone for it. Tay Cody got a piece of Tony Lazzara's attempt to preserve the Seminoles' march to the title.

I was at the game. Great atmosphere. Now their basketball games are pretty laidback in comparison.

"When ya can't beat'em, say you don't need to." -Herd fans

Truth hurts. Fact is I wouldn't trade a win vs WVU in 03 over a 6th ranked eventual big 12 champ. That's a much bigger win than beating WVU in any year of the series we played.

Reactions: 30Kelly
Truth hurts. Fact is I wouldn't trade a win vs WVU in 03 over a 6th ranked eventual big 12 champ. That's a much bigger win than beating WVU in any year of the series we played.

Says "THE Moral Victory University"

Congrats on yet another moral victory.

Funny you say that.
2013,2014,2015 pollsters don't see it that way

Another moral victory for "THE Moral Victory University"

Reality looks at the "W" column for Marshall, in games played against WVU and Reality sees a big fat zero.

I'll take reality you can have fantasy land.

Obviously no amount of facts and logic will sink in to your brain when all you want is to spin the argument in your favor.

At this point, you're looking like a fool, as usual. Don't worry, your fellow knuckle draggers on here will defend you, but don't think for a moment they believe you either.

You've been proven wrong and your argument debunked by myself and marine.

You've been proven wrong and your argument debunked by myself and marine.

Proven wrong about what? Marshall barely beat a .500 team in its first game with an all new coaching staff, with all new offensive and defensive schemes and because it missed chip shot fieldgoals.

Somehow that gives MVU a "victory" over a team it is 0-12 against.

Congratulations.

Example of a Moral Victory University:

"We get our asses kicked by the big boys and we are SO proud!" - WVu fans

15-21 speaks for itself

A much better example would be fans of a team that is 0-12 against WVU are on a WVU board trying to convince themselves and WVU fans that Marshall won....

Lol!
Congratulations, MVU fans!

Proven wrong about what? Marshall barely beat a .500 team in its first game with an all new coaching staff, with all new offensive and defensive schemes and because it missed chip shot fieldgoals.

Somehow that gives MVU a "victory" over a team it is 0-12 against.

Congratulations.

Hey stupid, no one really cares about your 0-12 argument. As stated I wouldn't trade a win vs KSU, Clemson, UofL, South Carolina for a win vs WVU. All of which are better and bigger named programs than you, why is that hard to figure out. Also, as I also stated the pollsters feel we don't need to beat you either. Three straight years with more votes also prove that.

Funny you say that.
2013,2014,2015 pollsters don't see it that way
Done went full retard again. How many votes did you get in the AP? 61 out 61 sports writers agreed. Zero. 14 point dogs, never beat us and still trying to talk smack. Full indeed.

Done went full retard again. How many votes did you get in the AP? 61 out 61 sports writers agreed. Zero. 14 point dogs, never beat us and still trying to talk smack. Full indeed.

Back to back to back.
How many votes did you get in the AP? I suppose that's a wash but in the other poll where did you stand?

Back to back to back.
How many votes did you get in the AP? I suppose that's a wash but in the other poll where did you stand?
Back to the twelfth as in 0-12. Congrats on your moral victory. If Vegas put a line on us this past year against you, we would have started out as 14 point favorites. I think we would beat you by 21 but since we don't play you, you can chalk up another moral victory. Marshall 88 moral victories verses only 12 real loses in the last 100 years. You guys are great.

Hey stupid, no one really cares about your 0-12 argument. As stated I wouldn't trade a win vs KSU, Clemson, UofL, South Carolina for a win vs WVU. All of which are better and bigger named programs than you, why is that hard to figure out. Also, as I also stated the pollsters feel we don't need to beat you either. Three straight years with more votes also prove that.
That was a powerful South Carolina team you all beat. Lol.

Reactions: 30CAT
Marshall would trade it all for one victory over WVU. They know it as everyone else knows it. WVU = Marshall's Super Bowl

MVU is 0-12 in its Super Bowls.

FACT.
You know they are lying when they say they'd rather take a win over a 6-6 Clemson team any day over WVU. Or a 1-10 South Carolina team that followed up that great year with an 0-11 record. Yep, I'm sure they'd take that over a win against WVU. :cool2:

Back to back to back.
how many votes did Ohio get? MTSU? Please tell me they got some votes or are you saying Marshall was the better team in 2015?

They beat #22 Virginia, for starters
LOL. You know you've analyzed the shit out of a game to make it look good when you know Virginia was ranked 22 during the 2nd week of the year. They ended up 7-5 and unranked that year.

For the love of God it's pathetic.

how many votes did Ohio get? MTSU? Please tell me they got some votes or are you saying Marshall was the better team in 2015?

Pollsters recognize bad games, which is why you and GSU each had one vote. They obviously knew GSU had a bad game.

Pollsters recognize bad games, which is why you and GSU each had one vote. They obviously knew GSU had a bad game.
Ohio has owned marshall as of late. 4 out of 5. Sounds like you all have just had 4 bad games against them since marshall is obviously the best

Ohio has owned marshall as of late. 4 out of 5. Sounds like you all have just had 4 bad games against them since marshall is obviously the best

Same could be said for you and Syracuse the last 3 seasons you were in the same conference, they beat you three in a row. Obviously they have a better program than you, obviously

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT