ADVERTISEMENT

(OT) Talk About Off-Topic...

I grew up in South Elkins.

Care to get more specific....maybe with a landmark ?

'69....did the High School still have steps up to the front door or did it already sink enough to just walk straight in (like when I attended) ?

Care to get more specific....maybe with a landmark ?

'69....did the High School still have steps up to the front door or did it already sink enough to just walk straight in (like when I attended) ?

I lived on Alexander Avenue along the river about 4 blocks from the high school. The steps were gone but we saw pictures of them. My class was Henry Hamilton's last class.

Lol...no sir! That stuff is like corn flakes...gimmie the whole kit 'n kaboodle!....any leftover filament is useful as a rough dental floss too!

I know you have to win 4 but I see this in your future

Stanley+Cup+Finals+Pittsburgh+Penguins+v+Detroit+aRzFlCsqFOtl.jpg

Reactions: torontoeers
If you download the Chick-fil-A app you get free sandwiches and crap.

I've had breakfast at airports (chicken f'n biscuit is awesome) but never lunch. Maybe free is what I need.....

Oh, if you're gay or like fastfood on Sunday's maybe this ain't the app for you.

Reactions: GoWVU
I hate when people talk on the phone with speaker phone on so everyone can hear the conversation. Nobody cares

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
The recent drowning deaths made me wonder... ...why doesn't the Army (my branch...others may have other standards) require that recruits learn to swim ?

Don't get me wrong..in the Fort Hood situation it most likely didn't matter. Still, something so basic isn't a required military standard in all the branches ? Odd.

So the 'fuel surcharge' fees added to so may of our bills (for me..trash and food delivery come to mind) still exist even after the price of gas was cut in half.

Raped again... ...but I must like it.

Tidbit:

Rudy actually played in three plays (the one not shown in the movie was an incomplete pass) in his final game(the only one he dressed) at Notre Dame... ...and Dan Devine (the head coach) is actually credited with the idea to include him on that game day roster (despite what the movie showed).

Is that Khan or Dale's house in the background, Old Top?

The guy across the street from me busts his hump on his lawn and it looks great. Since he works for the gas company, everyone on the block calls him "Hank". Hank hurt his back in the spring and has had to call in help to mow the lawn. It's killing the guy. They only mow once a week and it's not to his standards. It's got to the point he stands out in the yard and supervises them when they mow, but he still doesn't get around well enough to keep an eye on them as they do the whole half-acre. The last couple of mowing days he's had his Dad over to help him keep watch. When I got in yesterday, he and the old man were lecturing and demonstrating to one of the crew on how to properly clean a push mower. If he makes it through summer without the lawn crew killing him, it will be a miracle.

Old Red Dawn movie = pretty good

Newest one = kind of sucks (if you watched the first one).

By the way, this is a dumb f'n thread.

Anyone here ever grow your own tomatoes in a planter? I have 4 plants in planters, they are cherry tomatoes.

Any fertilizer suggestions?

I mixed some cow manure with some apple juice like Mark Watney did. Hope that yields good juicy maters.

Anyone here ever grow your own tomatoes in a planter?

I have not...but I love a good tomato. I can eat a pint of cherry ones in a single sitting.

---------

Most embarrassing food fact I didn't learn until college....?

Pickles are made from cucumbers....instead of being their own 'thing'.

Reactions: 82Mountaineer
Anyone here ever grow your own tomatoes in a planter? I have 4 plants in planters, they are cherry tomatoes.

Any fertilizer suggestions?

I mixed some cow manure with some apple juice like Mark Watney did. Hope that yields good juicy maters.
I flunked planting tomatoes in planter. I have 1 cherry tomatoe plant doing OK, but the other tradtional plants only have 1 tomatoe each. I just don't anyplace around my house that gets enough sun

I'm completely rethinking my loyalty to Miracle Whip. It was my go to mayo (even though it's actually salad dressing) for everything from tuna to tomato sandwiches... ...but earlier today I had an absolutely awesome turkey club and was told that it was topped with Helman's.

Is it possible that my brand loyalty (passed down from my mother) has led me to eat inferior sandwiches for a half-century ? Is it sandwich specific which mayo (or salad dressing) is used... ...and how many wasted test sandwiches before I know for sure?

It's such a complicated world.....

Orlaco, this is for you, it is honestly my own recipe:
Mick's tasty tuna salad:

Ingredients
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 small cans of Albacore tuna in water , drained
1 celery stalk, diced
2 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
1/4 c sweet onions, diced
1/3 c mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
1 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Orlaco, this is for you, it is honestly my own recipe:
Mick's tasty tuna salad:

Ingredients
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 small cans of Albacore tuna in water , drained
1 celery stalk, diced
2 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
1/4 c sweet onions, diced
1/3 c mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
1 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
Salt & Pepper, to taste

For the love of God.... ...how does that solve my mayo dilemma??

Are you f'n with me?

I guess most people are lucky enough to be in a mayo utopia.

---------

Moving on....

I have a neighbor that I think is trashy...mostly out of ignorance. That's to say I don't think they're lazy or (mostly) intentionally disrespectful but it's to the point that moving has become an option.

Would it be wrong for me to slice 20 or so thousand off the sale of my home to insure that we can pick their new neighbor? ....and yea, profiling would absolutely be used.

And yes, the 20 grand might be worth it.

What's with all the kids during the NBA trophy celebrations?

Last edited:
So I just watched a commercial for the new Independence Day movie and it looks like crap. ....but really the first one did (still does really) too.

I guess Will Smith is a better actor than I thought because he 'made' the first one despite the fact that I thought he couldn't even pull off being an urban African-American in his Fresh Prince days.

Perk of living in Amish/Mennonite area... ....'name brand' (Martin's) extra large eggs still less than a dollar at local grocery stores.

Endless number of fruit/vegetable stands with high quality produce that crush most retail stores in both quality and prices (many are self serve based on the honor system) too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT