ADVERTISEMENT

(OT) Talk About Off-Topic...

my lawn

Gerrys-Lawn-at-home-708x404.jpg

Congrats on the well trimmed bush.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
20090603-tank-cole-1000px.jpg

I know the feeling.....

Anyway, 28 years later and China is still arresting people for even acknowledging the Tiananmen Square 'incident'.

Last edited:
Girl who says she opened a Dominoes Pizza with her college savings commercial ..... ...thoughts ?

Note: If you visit their site the financial requirements are huge (in my world)

For the married men and fathers of the board.....

Have you ever day-dreamed of life as a bachelor, or what it would be like if you were solo for a bit?

My wife took the kids to visit her sister this weekend. Thursday night - tomorrow (Monday) morning. I haven't been alone in my own house for this long in over 6 years.

Long story short, you watch John Wick and drink 16 beers - and that's your day.

I also watched The Howling, Predator, Caddyshack, Fletch, Best of the Best, Sniper, The Burbs, , The Great Outdoors, and Career Opportunities.

I tried watching Uncle Buck twice and fell asleep both times.

I also ate a cheesecake. A whole one.

Last edited:
Told a guy today that both his left and right blinkers weren't working. .....I came very close to taking a beatdown.

Sarcasm used with strangers = not good.

I just can't help myself.

I enjoy both conservative and liberal comedy/talk shows but somehow I can't even stomach Samantha Bee commercials.

She might have the worse delivery I've ever seen from a mainstream 'comedian'.

Girl who says she opened a Dominoes Pizza with her college savings commercial ..... ...thoughts ?

Note: If you visit their site the financial requirements are huge (in my world)

If she balked at going to Harvard.

If she balked at going to Harvard.

Ohhhh..... .....you know I now think I completely misunderstood the commercial. I thought they were saying money she saved while at college and not money saved by her family (maybe her too) for college.

Ohhhh..... .....you know I now think I completely misunderstood the commercial. I thought they were saying money she saved while at college and not money saved by her family (maybe her too) for college.

Yeah...if you are saving money in college you're doing it all wrong. [cheers]

Reactions: Orlaco
For the married men and fathers of the board.....

Have you ever day-dreamed of life as a bachelor, or what it would be like if you were solo for a bit?

My wife took the kids to visit her sister this weekend. Thursday night - tomorrow (Monday) morning. I haven't been alone in my own house for this long in over 6 years.

Long story short, you watch John Wick and drink 16 beers - and that's your day.

I also watched The Howling, Predator, Caddyshack, Fletch, Best of the Best, Sniper, The Burbs, , The Great Outdoors, and Career Opportunities.

I tried watching Uncle Buck twice and fell asleep both times.

I also ate a cheesecake. A whole one.
Your best post ever. All that stuff you mentioned is precisely why I never had a wife or kids.

News of the day. I planned to be a bachelor my entire life. That dream fell apart 26 years ago. Thank the Lord there is golf :golf: and college sports.:football::basketball:

I was away for a 3 day weekend, did a lot of fun things but I didn't have 1 decent cup of coffee the entire time.

Just got home and made a cup of Caza Trail french roast in my Kuerig. Best coffee ever.

Just got home and made a cup of Caza Trail french roast in my Kuerig. Best coffee ever.

Pretty sure the Green Mountain brand is owned by Kuerig (or was until recently). I watched their product get roasted and bagged at a large Starbucks roasting plant where I proudly played a large part in the (electrical) installation of 5 story roasters and long packaging lines.

Point being...some of that brand is produced by Starbucks. I don't drink coffee so I can't speak of the bean quality though. Rumor was that it was a requirement for Starbucks to roast their coffee for the rights to produce k-cups.

Pretty sure the Green Mountain brand is owned by Kuerig (or was until recently). I watched their product get roasted and bagged at a large Starbucks roasting plant where I proudly played a large part in the (electrical) installation of 5 story roasters and long packaging lines.

Point being...some of that brand is produced by Starbucks. I don't drink coffee so I can't speak of the bean quality though. Rumor was that it was a requirement for Starbucks to roast their coffee for the rights to produce k-cups.

I've tried a lot of coffees and I've found a few I like...........emeril bold, caribou coffee, and especially the above mentioned caza trail bold or french roast.

Do Not Call lists federal and at the state level just don't work.

The main culprit, imo, is that every time we sign up for something (website, credit card....any type of account that you click or sign agreeing to terms and conditions) we volunteer to allow that company, one of its sister companies, or a third party who purchases your info the RIGHT to bug the crap out of us.

It was a good try though

Gonna get briefly political here...

...legal immigrants are not trash and certainly should be more welcome in our country than some of crap citizens that spend a lifetime abusing welfare programs.

I guess I'd refer to it as cleaning out our garage before bitching about a new neighbor.

Reactions: GoWVU
Vent night I guess...

I hate going to bed because I'll be waking to go to work (despite actually loving my job) not feeling rested...and going to work without enough sleep sucks.

Somehow I can deal with the hangovers though..... ...sleep....must get sleep...

"...I'm a wrapper and you're a rapper..."

Watched the commercial at least 10 times and I just got the word play.

Ok.... ....I'll just say it....

I might purchase a Kia.

Consumer reports member here. Depends on which Kia, some rate very high.

Well look...we actually subscribe to at least two of the same sites. If you're a member of a CFNM site it just might make for a trifecta.

My current car is the a '13 Taurus SHO (which I like/love but understand many don't) that I might be willing to trade in for a Kia Stinger.

IMG_0101_zpsae1rubui.jpg

....and the Kia...

IMG_0145_zpssbtc8kwi.jpg

Who does the Amazon PrimeDay thing ?

Checked it out last year and it seemed like crap I'd never want... Must admit I didn't dive into it though.

Anybody find good deals on anything that wasn't crap ?

I'm Making red beans and rice in the crock pot. I make them the creole way with ham and andouille sausage.

I used brown rice because its more earthy and goes better with the beans and meat.

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
I'm Making red beans and rice in the crock pot. I make them the creole way with ham and andouille sausage.

I used brown rice because its more earthy and goes better with the beans and meat.

To fully understand your post I need to Google both 'creole and andouille'.

Pet Peve:

Hate when people ( family members ) feel the need to buy souvenir gifts when on trips abroad. Inevitably, I end up getting a coffee mug from the place they visit. Not much thought behind the purchase other than being thought of is nice in and of itself, I suppose. However, I find it boorish to buy a " souvenir " that is made in China. To have a Mug that says Maine or Iceland or whatever other place in the world and know that is was made in China is off putting.

Ok, ok, I can see where this makes me sound like a ungrateful prick, but a souvenir, a real souvenir, would be something from the area of the world one is visiting. I would rather have a rock, which costs nothing, than a trinket bought out of a catalog from a " souvenir "
company.

Btw, I'm drinking my Caribou Coffee from my WVU mug that was made in West Virginia...........took my wife many years to find one.

To add: The pressure to hold onto the coffee mug and then remember to use it when offending family members visit is also troublesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoWVU
Pet Peve:

Hate when people ( family members ) feel the need to buy souvenir gifts when on trips abroad. Inevitably, I end up getting a coffee mug from the place they visit. Not much thought behind the purchase other than being thought of is nice in and or itself, I suppose. However, I find it boorish to buy a " souvenir " that is made in China. To have a Mug that says Maine or Iceland or whatever other place in the world and know that is was made in China is off putting.

Ok, ok, I can see where this makes me sound like a ungrateful prick, but a souvenir, a real souvenir, would be something from the area of the world one is visiting. I would rather have a rock, which costs nothing, than a trinket bought out of a catalog from a " souvenir "
company.

Btw, I'm drinking my Caribou Coffee from my WVU mug that was made in West Virginia...........took my wife many years to find one.

To add: The pressure to hold onto the coffee mug and then remember to use it when offending family members visit is also troublesome.

Just tell them basically what you wrote in this thread. Seriously.

Yes, some might initially take offense because of your honesty.....but imagine the boulders you'll get mailed to you (C.O.D. for shipping).

....like anybody knows what C.O.D. is anymore...

Just tell them basically what you wrote in this thread. Seriously.

Yes, some might initially take offense because of your honesty.....but imagine the boulders you'll get mailed to you (C.O.D. for shipping).

....like anybody knows what C.O.D. is anymore...

Have a fishing buddy that used COD forever...........he's bad with money and could never get a credit card. He now uses a bank debit visa and is still bad with money.

See how I used the play on words...........fishing C.O.D <~> COD haha I'm so clever sometimes.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Damn... ....I'm sooooooo hungry. Craving poached eggs over toast but on my grocery store (ok...I'll just admit it...Walmart) trip today I didn't get any.

It really is a cruel world.

Damn... ....I'm sooooooo hungry. Craving poached eggs over toast but on my grocery store (ok...I'll just admit it...Walmart) trip today I didn't get any.

It really is a cruel world.

Hey jackass....just went to make buttered toast coated in sugar snack and guess what...? You didn't get bread either.

You got milk...so you only failed on two of the three most basic grocery items. Good job.

Hey jackass....just went to make buttered toast coated in sugar snack and guess what...? You didn't get bread either.

You got milk...so you only failed on two of the three most basic grocery items. Good job.

Who in the hell doesn't have eggs in the house? WTH?

Who in the hell doesn't have eggs in the house? WTH?

Didn't you delete an earlier question to me in another thread ?

...anyway...the answer is a jackass who didn't purchase any on the last trip to Walmart. I mean...who doesn't have bread either?

God I love poached eggs. Don't eat them that often (not a breakfast person)....but I love them.

Edit: ...but if you're a breakfast person and ever near Reading, PA the Tomcat Cafe is the shit. Awesome really. It's Soup Nazi like....you can't (don't even try) change an order that's on the menu...but it's f'n great.

http://www.tomcatcafe.com/menu.html

Last edited:
Didn't you delete an earlier question to me in another thread ?

...anyway...the answer is a jackass who didn't purchase any on the last trip to Walmart. I mean...who doesn't have bread either?

God I love poached eggs. Don't eat them that often (not a breakfast person)....but I love them.

I don't remember deleting a question to you, but its quite possible I did. I delete many messages that I read after I post them and don't like what I wrote for one reason or another. I should proof read more before I post.

I delete many messages that I read after I post them and don't like what I wrote for one reason or another. I should proof read more before I post.

With ya there. I'm the editing/delete champ.

By the way...I edited my previous post...lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT