ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Some of you longtime posters may remember marcbuff...

spectat'EER

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2014
he used to post on here a lot. He changed his handle to WVU1969 or something like that, and still posted here occasionally. Will for the past twety some years he's called me every so often, he was from Mountsville WV but lived in Florida the past forty some years, I being in Putnam county. Anyway he hadn't called since mid October, so I went to his FB page to wish him a happy birthday today, but instead was saddened to find out he had pasted away on October 24. I chatted with his daughted on FB messenger this afternoon. She was kind enough to reply to my message sending condolences to the family.
Yes, he was a Herd fan too, because he had degrees from both MU and WVU. He took a lot of heat on here at times because of that. But he was a WVU fan #1, and a huge knowledgeable sports guy. He had been a coach in public schools at many levels, then a HS AD. He wrote articles regularly for a newspaper in his area of Florida. He was presented with a journalist award this past August.

John had lost a kidney to cancer I think about ten years ago. He has been serious ill this year and spent months in the hospital. I knew from our last conversation he was weak, his body weakened from heart issues.
I thought some of you would be interested in us losing another great fan and one time poster on here. Me being a friend of his I wanted to share this, I think he would be pleased with that. Oh, I saw pictures on FB of his grave after he was buried, it was covered with G&B flowers and a flying WV. No green.

RIP Johnny. I'll miss you my friend. :flyingwv:
:letsgo:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News