ADVERTISEMENT

One they think is in and 3 they can't afford

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
Story is Herd had someone in mind before the booting already and his name is Lambert.

But also some outlandish rumors of Gerard Parker as HC, Dontae Wright as DC and Ja'Juan Seider as OC.

Story is Herd had someone in mind before the booting already and his name is Lambert.

But also some outlandish rumors of Gerard Parker as HC, Dontae Wright as DC and Ja'Juan Seider as OC.
Are you really as stupid as it seems?

More and more the rumor grows that Gerard Parker will be the new head coach. Question is will the state of West Virginia pay the mans salary?

More and more the rumor grows that Gerard Parker will be the new head coach. Question is will the state of West Virginia pay the mans salary?
Wonder what he currently makes? Doc was raking in around $650 I believe. I think they should hire Rod.

Holliday was named Conference USA Coach of the Year in 2014 and 2020, and the Herd went 6-2 in bowl games under his watch.

I can't see leather face Rita in Huntington. But Rod fraud I can. Let's see how Herd fans like the 3-3-5 defense. Gibson is possibly on the Herd short list.

Funny thing is they actually think they can get Byron Leftwich to leave the NFL and come to Marshall. The man is making 17 million dollars and is labeled an up and coming black head coach for the NFL. They might as well give Urban a call while they're at it.

Here is a look at some of the names surfacing for the job:
Gerard Parker
Brad Lambert (players really want him as the next HC)
Mike Furrey
JaJuan Seider
Mike Bartrum

Other names to watch for include a pair of in-state natives in
Tony Gibson
Rich Rodriguez

Of note, two of the most recognizable players in Marshall history — quarterbacks Chad Pennington and Byron Leftwich — are also certainly on the wish list of those who support the program, but their interest is unknown.

Leftwich is currently the offensive coordinator for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and has had his name thrown in the mix for several head coaching jobs within the NFL. It is not known whether interest would be there for Leftwich to make a return to Huntington or if it would make financial sense for the Washington, D.C., native.

Also, Pennington’s coaching career is in its relative infancy as the head coach of Sayre High School in Lexington, Kentucky. Pennington has seen quick success at the school, but he has no experience at the collegiate level and it is unknown whether there would be interest in venturing into the collegiate realm to lead a program.

Word is Lambert's in the lead
Parker next up in Line

Holliday was named Conference USA Coach of the Year in 2014 and 2020, and the Herd went 6-2 in bowl games under his watch.

I can't see leather face Rita in Huntington. But Rod fraud I can. Let's see how Herd fans like the 3-3-5 defense. Gibson is possibly on the Herd short list.

Funny thing is they actually think they can get Byron Leftwich to leave the NFL and come to Marshall. The man is making 17 million dollars and is labeled an up and coming black head coach for the NFL. They might as well give Urban a call while they're at it.

Gerard Parker
Mike Furrey
JaJuan Seider
Mike Bartrum

Tony Gibson
Rich Rodriguez

Of note, two of the most recognizable players in Marshall history — quarterbacks Chad Pennington and Byron Leftwich — are also certainly on the wish list of those who support the program, but their interest is unknown.

Leftwich is currently the offensive coordinator for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and has had his name thrown in the mix for several head coaching jobs within the NFL. It is not known whether interest would be there for Leftwich to make a return to Huntington or if it would make financial sense for the Washington, D.C., native.

Also, Pennington’s coaching career is in its relative infancy as the head coach of Sayre High School in Lexington, Kentucky. Pennington has seen quick success at the school, but he has no experience at the collegiate level and it is unknown whether there would be interest in venturing into the collegiate realm to lead a program.

Parker next up in Line

You sure do know your HERD Football, closet fan

Leftwich making more dough in sunny Tampa Florida than what he would make in dreadful Huntington seems like you would have to be an idiot to take the job, if offered. Not to mention, OC with Tom Brady at quarterback also seems like a no brainer.

Parker seems like the best option, but Herd will likely go with Lambert, who's 22-48 career record as a HC is par for the course in Shewey.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Or one could read most state news outlets and get this information.

Why would I want to read about what I already know? And any moron knows you should cite your sources when you copy and paste news feeds

Why would I want to read about what I already know? And any moron knows you should cite your sources when you copy and paste news feeds
Look, I realize uou have anger issues and a small penis syndrome so I understand your piss poor attitude but my point was Allen probably knows about the Marshall search because the ibformation is all over the news. Also, this is a message board and nobody needs to cite their sources. Now go play with your little dick.

Parker is a Louisa, Kentucky boy, a town that has always been MU friendly, sent us a couple of starters on the O line. He didn't really get a fair shot at the Purdue job, IMHO! We could do worse!

Parker is a Louisa, Kentucky boy, a town that has always been MU friendly, sent us a couple of starters on the O line. He didn't really get a fair shot at the Purdue job, IMHO! We could do worse!
I wasnt thrilled with his offense but Penn State struggled when he left. I wont sweat replacing an OC but I always hate losing coaches during recruiting season.

Reactions: WVUALLEN

You would do worse by hiring Lambert. IMO. Didn't Parker coach at Marshall once before?

My 2 cents worth - Marshall is going to struggle to find a coach that will do a better job than Doc did on the budget they have to work with. There are some assistant coaches at the P-5 level with salaries bigger than what Doc was getting as MU's head coach.

Gerad Parker, who is described as “offensive coordinator” in his employment agreement, is slated to earn $525,000 in his first year at WVU. For the 2021, season, his base pay will rise to $550,000. He will also coach the Mountaineer wide receivers. Contract expires on Feb. 28, 2022.

from the Morgantown News

Gerad Parker, who is described as “offensive coordinator” in his employment agreement, is slated to earn $525,000 in his first year at WVU. For the 2021, season, his base pay will rise to $550,000. He will also coach the Mountaineer wide receivers. Contract expires on Feb. 28, 2022.

from the Morgantown News
Well, he would make about $100 to 150 K more as HC at MU, we'll see!

Well, he would make about $100 to 150 K more as HC at MU, we'll see!

If they decide to pay that high. But I think if offered he will take it as he wants to jump start his head coaching resume.

If they decide to pay that high. But I think if offered he will take it as he wants to jump start his head coaching resume.
Can't see them low balling and getting a coach the fan base would accept...but I'm just guessing!

Didn’t he transfer to Howard U ?
No, I think he transferred to Florida A&M. Only reason I remember that is because it was my last year of going to WVU games, and prior to that, I had spent several years in Tallahassee, home of the Rattlers.

Marshall is teed up for success but they have to nail this hire. Marshall hires the right coach then they could dominate C-USA.

SB Nation Has The Following 5 Candidates they think Marshall Should Pursue.

Phil Longo - Offensive Coordinator @ North Carolina - $900,000
Brian Johnson - Offensive Coordinator @ Florida - $540,000
Rhett Lashlee - Offensive Coordinator @ Miami - NA
Lance Leipold - Head Coach @ Buffalo - $465,000
Pete Shinnick - Head Coach @ West Florida - $141,820

Pete Shinnick has done what many thought was impossible and turned it into a reality. Take a start-up football program and win a national championship... in just four years.

Gerard Parker
Mike Furrey
JaJuan Seider
Mike Bartrum

Tony Gibson
Rich Rodriguez

Parker next up in Line
Bet on Barteum or Lambert

Marshall is teed up for success but they have to nail this hire. Marshall hires the right coach then they could dominate C-USA.

SB Nation Has The Following 5 Candidates they think Marshall Should Pursue.

Phil Longo - Offensive Coordinator @ North Carolina - $900,000
Brian Johnson - Offensive Coordinator @ Florida - $540,000
Rhett Lashlee - Offensive Coordinator @ Miami - NA
Lance Leipold - Head Coach @ Buffalo - $465,000
Pete Shinnick - Head Coach @ West Florida - $141,820

Pete Shinnick has done what many thought was impossible and turned it into a reality. Take a start-up football program and win a national championship... in just four years.
Probably has recruiting contact in the talent rich Panhandle of Florida...no problem with any except Lashlee, but that would be OK if he brings King as QB!

He might, seems to be a up and comer!
I am not sure why based on his first year here. I mean our offense was better this year but 2019 was such a down year for us personel wise that it wasnt hard to be better.

I wasnt particularly impressed with our offense.

I admit we are pretty average at QB and we only had 1 legit playmaker at WR and he is too short to be an outside guy.

I am not sure why based on his first year here. I mean our offense was better this year but 2019 was such a down year for us personel wise that it wasnt hard to be better.

I wasnt particularly impressed with our offense.

I admit we are pretty average at QB and we only had 1 legit playmaker at WR and he is too short to be an outside guy.
Well, I thought the WVU offense left a lot of points on the field...the wide outs would be wide open and just drop the damn ball and the QB was fairly pedestrian compared to others I've seen up there. I didn't think that was Parker's fault.

Well, I thought the WVU offense left a lot of points on the field...the wide outs would be wide open and just drop the damn ball and the QB was fairly pedestrian compared to others I've seen up there. I didn't think that was Parker's fault.
What did you see about the offense that made you feel good about Parker?

Parker is a good recruiter. That's his highest accolade.

News out of the state of North Carolina is that Marshall has big interest in Tony Gibson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT