ADVERTISEMENT

One of the excuses for Neal’s failure

rizzo11

Junior
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2015
Is that the WVU players that left were offered NIL money elswehere, there was tampering, etc. This brings me to a few points/questions….

1) How many of them actually got NIL money to go where they went? Rice, UTSA, Rutgers, Akron etc are offering up NIL money? And if they are, more than we can match? What % of our departures were actually lured away for $$. My guess its its a very small group.

2) I can see that maybe Miami, Florida St, Miss St might have offered NIL. We’re talking about a handful of kids then. How many portal defections were impact players who would’ve made a difference in the outcome of the season?
Mesidor is a beast, but the DL wasnt really the problem. Matthews and Porter could have helped at DB. Who else? Winston Wright was a loss, but he didnt even play this year. Chandler is what he is. WVU lost 4-5 impact guys at most, and they should’ve been replaced by the portal (instead of bringing in FCS guys).

I feel like this idea that other schools came in with all of this $$ and poached our roster is hogwash. NIL $$ isnt the reason many of them left. A good portion of those who left dropped down to lower competition, lesser conferences, etc. The portal shouldnt be used as an excuse for the failures, you could just as easily argue the the portal makes it easier than ever to replace players and rebuild a roster/program quicker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News