ADVERTISEMENT

Ok - best work yet

Really? Best work yet? It is not creative. It's boorish and uninspired. It was the easy way out. It's trotting out the same, worn out, tired, stupid stereotypes that have been thrown at us since before Mason and Dixon did that little survey thing. It's pathetic, actually. He was given ample material last week in Lubbock to really get after our program and players and that is the trash he decides to use? New conference, same bull****.

Is this your first time seeing this guy? Or are you just not a fan of this type of comedy? He is in no way serious

i knew it was a spoof when I saw all them wearing those fine

duds...we only wear those on sunday go to meetin' not when we're lazin' round during the week!

No it's not my first time seeing him. I have thought some of his stuff is funny, but not that. I just don't think it was creative, original or funny. It's been done 129,302,192,124 times before him. If by "this type of comedy" you mean the same stupid stuff we have to deal with at every turn, then I guess I'm just not a fan of that type of comedy.

He does every week by stereotypes. This week i don't see as any different than the rest. Though if it was Kstate week and a WVU guy made one about us i guess i would just be offended because i'm KSU biased.

I'm not offended. I was just offering that it isn't creative or original. It's a worn out bit. One from WV has to get over being "offended" by that kind of trash at an early age. It is ubiquitous.

It's worn out to you but not worn out to people who live in a complete different area of the country. That's because we've never thought about it or had it come up outside Hollywood B horror movies. And like a guy mentioned, he goes after the stereotypes of each school. You may not like it but that is West Virginia's stereotype. You don't think Kansas people get sick of hearing the same kinds of jokes regarding Dorothy and Toto, tornado's, absolutely NOTHING to be seen for miles and miles and miles, etc.? Sure it gets old but you gotta just shrug it off whenever it's done in the name of satire. You're taking it way too seriously.

I can see being associated with Wizard of Oz, tornadoes and flat topography are very much akin to being painted as completely backward and inbred. They're very much the same (sarcasm very much intended). To say that the same crap doesn't pop up from every corner of the country (every one to which I've traveled....a lot...) is naive. You may never have noticed it because you've either not paid attention to it or had it pointed out. Trust me when I say I have learned to shrug it off. If we didn't learn to shrug off our home and people being drug through the mud, we'd all be in jail somewhere. I shrugged this off when I saw it on Twitter. I shrugged this off when I saw it on FB. I shrugged this off when it came up on a conference call this morning with about a dozen folks on it from around the country. When it was brought to a message board on a WVU site, I decided to tell the truth about it. Besides, criminy, I only said it's baseless, tired and lacks creativity, which are completely accurate. It's not like I'm calling for pitchforks and torches.

BTW, love the beagles. I've been around them all my life. I prefer liver and white, but a good tri is a pretty dog, too. I hope you run them. They live for it. Damn, I wish I had the time to rabbit hunt like I used to have. I like to hunt generally and don't have the time I would like to do it anymore, but I absolutley love having 4 or 5 or 6 guys out listeing to the dogs run 'em up and down the valley.
This post was edited on 10/16 6:36 PM by Bootdawg

While I agree with you, I have to call you out on something.

You guys are proud to be a part of our conference.

You took the lead to start THE FIRST Big 12 forum...........open to all.

Then you slam opposing views ON A WV SITE?

I follow all B12 sites. I am pissed off regularly. Then I wake up the next morning and laugh and thank God I'm not debating with inbred SEC fans, or B10 fans who live in their past, or P12 fans who are more concerned about Mary Jane laws than football, or BEast/ACC fans who just beg to be relevant.

Man up...man. That was funny. Not Gufaw Funny. Not goes viral on the net funny. But it was good. For no other reason than the mask can actually sing.

You're exactly right. V did take the lead to start a Big12 forum. He operates a great site and is very open to letting folks say what they want. I'm sure he (as do we all) want folks to come here and talk. But, it still is on a WVU site. It's still our backyard. If you let somebody come in your backyard and piss on your shoes without expressing your displeasure, I'd be telling you to man up. I have not said one word about it in any forum other than right here even though I had seen it from no less than three other outlets prior to it being dropped on our porch here like a flaming bag of poop. Like I said below, I'm not calling for lynch mobs. I expressed my opinion that it is not funny and lacks creativity and explained to my new brethren that those statements are true statements because it's the same, tired, lame routine with which we've been confronted our whole lives. Maybe you should step back and think "if I were in their shoes and had to deal with this crap being tossed on my home and my people constantly, I think I might have a different opinion." You want me to accept all views that the trash is funny and I should just not care, but are unwilling to accept (or even consider) my opposing view and why I have it.

I'm done with this. Since I've been told that it's not tired to B12 fans because they've never thought about stereotypes of Appalachians before WVU joined the conference and, since you've never thought about such stereotypes, that I should just keep my thoughts to myself, I hope that you have it out of your system and the novelty is over. Based on 38 years of experience of being a West Virginian, I highly doubt that will be the case (the norm is continued use of that crap will become rule, not the exception).

I haven't seen this many people pissed off about a video..

..since the US embassy was attacked in Benghazi (insert rimshot sound effect here)

All kidding aside, K-State fans are an extremely respectful bunch and WVU fans will be very disappointed if they're expecting trash talk or disrespect from the visiting fans on Saturday.

That being said, if some WVU fans beat up a K-State fan on Saturday and then the WVU administration blames this video....well....nevermind....
3dgrin.r191677.gif

LMAO.....SOME folks here get too thin skinned....but most of us old farts

thought it was funny...Reckon priorities change with age....good luck KState and no injuries on either side
smokin.r191677.gif

Re: LMAO.....SOME folks here get too thin skinned....but most of us old farts

Originally posted by SevEER:
thought it was funny...Reckon priorities change with age....good luck KState and no injuries on either side
smokin.r191677.gif
Amen, really excited to start off this new relationship with WVU. Think it will be a hell of a game.

Re: LMAO.....SOME folks here get too thin skinned....but most of us old farts

Originally posted by SevEER:
smokin.r191677.gif
I really can't beleive the outrage over this. Wow!

Originally posted by Bootdawg:

I can see being associated with Wizard of Oz, tornadoes and flat topography are very much akin to being painted as completely backward and inbred. They're very much the same (sarcasm very much intended). To say that the same crap doesn't pop up from every corner of the country (every one to which I've traveled....a lot...) is naive. You may never have noticed it because you've either not paid attention to it or had it pointed out. Trust me when I say I have learned to shrug it off. If we didn't learn to shrug off our home and people being drug through the mud, we'd all be in jail somewhere. I shrugged this off when I saw it on Twitter. I shrugged this off when I saw it on FB. I shrugged this off when it came up on a conference call this morning with about a dozen folks on it from around the country. When it was brought to a message board on a WVU site, I decided to tell the truth about it. Besides, criminy, I only said it's baseless, tired and lacks creativity, which are completely accurate. It's not like I'm calling for pitchforks and torches.

BTW, love the beagles. I've been around them all my life. I prefer liver and white, but a good tri is a pretty dog, too. I hope you run them. They live for it. Damn, I wish I had the time to rabbit hunt like I used to have. I like to hunt generally and don't have the time I would like to do it anymore, but I absolutley love having 4 or 5 or 6 guys out listeing to the dogs run 'em up and down the valley.
This post was edited on 10/16 6:36 PM by Bootdawg
I can understand since it is a WVU board. We're in your house here.

Thanks on the compliments to my girls. I jog along different trails in Fort Worth with them everyday. There's also a dog park here called Fort Woof that was named best dog park in America a couple of years ago. I take them there about twice a week and let them play/socialize with other dogs. Usually this consists of a perimeter check of the fenceline, probably to find any new weaknesses that may have appeared since their last visit. Then they'll run with the other dogs. I've never taken them hunting or ever really had them out in the country before but I'm pretty sure the one on the left would be perfect for it. I love hearing her catch scent of a squirrel while we're jogging because of her howling/yelps. I've also had beagles all of my life and she is by far the most aware of tracking a scent and taking lead. She's also very defensive of me and my girlfriend. At places like the dog park. If she sees another high energy dog that is jumping up on me, sometimes rotts/pitts/dobermans, she'll come running with a growl and will let them know that it's not cool. They're obviously wanting to play and I have no problem with that since I'm usually instigating play with any dog there but it makes me proud of her. The other one is definitely the submissive one and only wants food and to be loved. She's the sweetest dog I've ever seen and our vet/friends/kennel we take them to all seem to agree. I love them both. Truly are my best friends.

I totally disagree with this video. The mask has his facts all wrong. Everyone knows that if there is inbreeding in the big 12 it's happening in Oklahoma.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT