ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD Official Game Thread -- WVU vs. Texas Tech...

Good job by Howard to overcome that first series. He missed 2 easy throws, fell down on a for sure big gainer, and totally botched that Zone read by keeping it and taking it into the teeth of the D for 1 yard.

Take a timeout after a timeout, then give up a touchown pass.

Brilliant.

Probably should have called another timeout.

Two punts in 3 possessions against a defense that is allowing 43 points per game.

Yep, offensive genius.

OK, I'm impressed...

....the fans knew to (finally) get loud on a big defensive down.

Somebody spent the offseason reading about how great he could play... ..instead of practicing.

Why does Durante remind me of Roberto Duran?
His name starts with a D?...you lost money on Sugar Ray v Duran rematch?..if I ever won six figures on a fight I bet on in Vegas(like that will ever happen), I would not take pictures of the cash in my hotel room and put it on facebook..

Last edited:
After consecutive runs of a TD and 50+ yards, I would not have gone empty backfield twice in a row. But I guess that why I'm not a millionaire offensive 'genius'.

TTU starting to figure it out. Sell out to stop to the run and make Howard consistently throw the ball ... which I fear will work if they stop the run.

Again, with less than 2 minutes remaining......and how many times have we punted? Against Texas Tech? A local high school team could score 14 points against this defense.

I can't wait for all the "but but but we are playing big boy football" people to start up. Texas Tech STINKS! Sure, they score points. But we can't move the ball against them or anyone with Howard as our QB. Too many misses of open receivers.

We lose today, I EXPECT Holgorsen to be put on notice by our AD that he's not getting the job done.

Just back from my son's soccer game and it looks like the defense is player pretty way so far.

The defense has given up yards, but had two big stops to keep points off the board. They have been put into a few bad spots thanks to ineffective offense and O'Toole shanking it around. However, they have missed a few tackles and one specifically that could've stopped the first TTU TD. Offense has been anchored by the run game and Howard continues his Jekyll/Hyde performance. Looks like a serviceable QB on some throws, but then misses wide open guys at others. Still haven't seen him make the right call on the zone read plays today. Three drops come to mind that have not helped him out.

The defense has given up yards, but had two big stops to keep points off the board. They have been put into a few bad spots thanks to ineffective offense and O'Toole shanking it around. However, they have missed a few tackles and one specifically that could've stopped the first TTU TD. Offense has been anchored by the run game and Howard continues his Jekyll/Hyde performance. Looks like a serviceable QB on some throws, but then misses wide open guys at others. Still haven't seen him make the right call on the zone read plays today. Three drops come to mind that have not helped him out.
Yeah, Howard really can't read the read option!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT