ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame @ Oklahoma in couple weeks.

Ya the Domers have been bragging about how they haven't allowed a rushing touchdown all year......thanks to the weak ass big 10. OU by 3 touchdowns

I hope they get beaten at least twice this season. Would be nice if our Big XII brtheren were the first rub their nose in it. Go Sooners.

ISUNO1Fan....

Please elaborate on how Stoops wets the bed a lot in big games?

Has it been the 8 wins vs. Texas?
Has it been the 2 big wins vs. Bama?
Has it been the 3 big wins vs. FSU?
Has it been the upsets over #1 Missouri, Nebraska?
Has it been his Bowl wins?

Yes he has lost some big games. His big game bob moniker has worn off. But to say he wets the bed, at home, against ranked opponents is kind of showing either ignorance or stupidity.

He has lost just once to a ranked team in Norman. And that was KSU this year.

I believe unranked TCU came in and beat Stoops in norman as well. Big game Bob is no more I believe he and Mack are on the hot seat. No championships = No Job! I dont care how many 10 win seasons Mack got us Championships are the only thing that matters. Really wish we had Muschamp still.

Let's see here....2005....OU also lost 4 other games that year. Went to the Holiday Bowl to play Oregon. Oregon was a team that many thought should have had a BCS bowl bid since USC made the BCS title game.

What did OU do to them? As a 8-4 team, they beat Oregon.

Overall, 2005 was by far the worst team under Stoops.

BTW, TCU went on to be 12-1 that year.

Did you know Stoops also lost to unranked OSU in 2001 in Norman?

In fact, OU has doubled Stoops loss total at home the last 10 games, or better yet, the last 5 home games. Losing to 5ech and KSU. Beating ISU, A&M and FAMU.

I have a good feeling about OU rolling in this game. If Norman gets buzzing about a specific game, it can turn into a awesome home field advantage. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I think OU is who we thought they were before the season started... Unfortunately, they figured it out in the two weeks after the KSU loss.

Bob gets a bad rap for losing big games mostly because OU has played in a ton of big games the past 13 years. It is very difficult to sustain the level of success OU has had in a conference that has had UT, Tech, KSU, and OSU in recent years being very solid programs. I believe only Boise State has won more games since 99' than OU which by itself is quite a record. Probably should have either beat UF or LSU for the MNC and people wouldn't dog him outside of Norman like they do. What I do know is there are probably not 5 of the 120 D-1 programs who wouldn't have Bob running their program if he was available. He will be 9-5 vs. UT if OU wins Saturday. The other two all-timers at OU Barry Switzer and Bud Wilkinson were 7-5-2 and 8-6 after 14 games vs. UT. Success in Norman is greatly measured against how well you do in this game and conference championships. OU has won 7 of those and nobody else has more than 3 (Texas) since the league formed 16 years ago. I think the Big 12 is a better league adding WVU and Iook forward to many great games in the coming years. As for ND game, Norman will be in rare form for that one. Think Tech 08'........
wink.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT