ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk Mountaineer football

We will most likely see the formation of another conference
ESPN wants it to be a conference that can go heads up with the SEC.
With this they push the B1G out of the picture in CFB and let the schools go after each other for Televisions and recruits
FAKE NEWS. Quote anybody on Earth that shares your delusional theory, Pride. You are one dumb S.O.B., and desperately need to get a life, so that you don't have to "talk" to yourself on a message board at 1:30 a.m.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Well we’d have a banner if we’d have beat SPITT. We would’ve played an Ohio State team that we would’ve run all over!! I just pray we get another shot someday.

You can’t say that about Ohio St. No question that Pitt team was bad. Bostic is the worst QB that has played for Pitt since the 70s. But to assume a win against Ohio St when Pitt out muscled WVU is fanboy stuff.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Even more FAKE NEWS. Ohio State was the only big conference school with only ONE loss heading into the National Championship Game, and was ranked No. 1, so your "backed into" argument is flat out stupid. Guess how many slow Buckeyes on the 2007 team eventually played in the NFL? 19. How about WVU? 12. What about LSU? 25. LSU lost two games that season because of key injuries, but when the Tigers were at full strength in the NCG, they proved that they were the best team. You have nothing more than a woulda, shoulda, coulda national title. Class dismissed.

Some dudes make shitt up on this site. Literally in their minds.

You can't read that well can you? I had no idea that number of NFL players is a criteria. Seems Oklahoma had more than WVU and still lost, but I'm sure you have some excuse as to why that is an exception to your illogical rule. Also, you obsfucate matters with LSU because WVU would likely have not beaten LSU that year as they really were the best team that year. They only got in because BOTH Mizzou and WVU lost their last game of the season. I said I don't care what you have to say on this subject because you have said all that same bull**** before. And that is exactly what it is. A vast majority of people outside of the Buckeye faithful feel the same way as me and the facts are that OSU got gashed by spread teams with speed that year. WVU could have played its B game and still beat OSU that year because OSU was just not that good that year. Facts are facts and your excuses are about as effective as flat earth arguments.

Homers are adorable haha. Just because a fanboy says it doesn’t make it so. Who won the Natty that year and who lost to a bad Pitt team? Ohio St would have won by......ummm.......hmmmm.......15 points. Hey you’re on to something. That felt pretty cool.

I see that the usual subjects are hijacking my thread into the neverending what might have been arguments. For craps sake people...focus...on the question I asked.

My answer might seem basic but I believe it. WVU was never the best team. Close with maybe only 3-5 teams. ND was better and would win that game most times. In 07 the schedule was a Big East joke schedule. Legit top 8 but nothing more. That team lost two Big East games. Those two WVU teams actually proved they weren’t the best team. Hard to remember from the 70s on but how many top 10 recruiting classes has WVU had? Even how many top 20 classes since the 70s. Ask that question about Ohio St recruiting. Comparing WVU football to Blue Blood Ohio St football a total joke. I don’t care what year. There have been yrs, far and few between, WVU has had a better team but 2007 wasn’t one of those teams. So take out team that lost to ND and overrated team that lost to a bad Pitt team 13-9 and what other WVU teams were legit top 5? The answer to your question is easy. WVU is a little brother program with potential for good teams but not Top 3 Natty contending teams. Every once in awhile chips can fall a certain way that makes it appear attainable but because the players aren’t good enough reality takes over.

Some believe the ACC isn't going to sustain because they failed to bring in Penn State in the late 1980's.
ESPN stuck a finger in the hole so they can control the break up of the ACC. Truthfully wanting to push a North Carolina school into the SEC.
They can keep the B1G/FOX from growing and ESPN controls two conferences where all the talent is at plus where all the population is moving to.

With all that what happens in the future is still up in there.
Maintain an image, improve facilities and improve Recruiting.

That is all you can do.
If ESPN attempts to maneuver a Big 12/ACC merger WVU is an important piece

Truthfully WVU football and basketball make for good TV.
Good crowd with excitement and Pageantry.

“Some” haha. You mean “I”. Talking Penn St........ you are the only one I’ve seen talkin about them. ACC signed a long GOR, brought ND into the family, has won some Natty’s in major sports and oh yeah created an ACC Network. Big East and Big 12 are the conferences that historically get poached but why let facts get in the way sir. There ya go again making stuff up. Literally lying and making stuff up. UNC haha. Big12/ACC merger haha. Last time you were banking on Big12/PAC 12 merger. ACC is interested in one Big12 school and only one. Texas. ACC has 14 schools and ND. There is no “merger”. You just make statements that are lies. I feel sorry for you sir. Stay safe and healthy.

There will be no freaking merger of Big 12 - ACC. WVU is not a welcomed member in ACC. The ACC has never wanted WVU and never will or they would be there. If anything happens it will be Big 12 being demolished or PAC 12 on verge of collapse has 2 teams move to Big 12.

I’m holding out hope

ACC doesn't have the choice.
ESPN does.
Some of you don't understand how sports works.

ACC was picked up by ESPN so ESPN can control the future of the conference.
Same reason why you have ESPN+. ESPN controls what happens with WVU.

The pipe dream of being a Northeast Conference is quickly fading in ACC circles.
They see Pitt, BC and Syracuse as welfare schools.

Everything is determined by the networks.
If they feel WVU has a name and the ability to draw people to the television they will bring them in.

In regards to the ACC.
The time bomb that is that conference could be going off pretty soon.
Especially if a certain Northeast school doesn't want to play football this year while the other schools do.

So sad sir so sad. I ache for your sadness.

The ACC network was a preventative measure so if the ACC collapses ESPN controls their TV rights

NC State will be a SEC school. Just matters when.

What does North Carolina do?

What is in their best interest?

What is in Clemson, Florida St and Georgia Tech's interest?

FAKE NEWS. Quote anybody on Earth that shares your delusional theory, Pride. You are one dumb S.O.B., and desperately need to get a life, so that you don't have to "talk" to yourself on a message board at 1:30 a.m.

Look at the NFL Draft by state

This is just the first two rounds.

This is why ESPN/SEC doesn't want the B1G in Texas not in Virgina, N Carolina and more importantly Georgia.

If ESPN didn't take control of the media rights from the ACC Georgia Tech possibly would have listened to the offers from the B1G

ESPN/SEC would be much happier if they can split it up without giving the B1G access

Reason why USC is important as well.

Former High School Football Players taken through 2nd Round
Texas – 14

Florida – 7

Georgia – 5

Louisiana – 4

Alabama, California, Mississippi, Virginia – 3

Illinois, Maryland, Tennessee – 2

Arizona, Canada, Hawaii, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Washington – 1

B1G doesn't have any states in the Top 8

Only 2 in the Top 11

So the Big 12 is WVU way to get into the ACC

ACC as of right now wants Texas
Texas would rather have a conference of their choosing
WVU is bringing in more money than some ACC programs and can positions themselves to be much better than Pitt, Syracuse and Boston College.

Unlike those WVU is Southern. At least more than the Northeast schools.

Look at the NFL Draft by state

This is just the first two rounds.

This is why ESPN/SEC doesn't want the B1G in Texas not in Virgina, N Carolina and more importantly Georgia.

If ESPN didn't take control of the media rights from the ACC Georgia Tech possibly would have listened to the offers from the B1G

ESPN/SEC would be much happier if they can split it up without giving the B1G access

Reason why USC is important as well.

Texas – 14

Florida – 7

Georgia – 5

Louisiana – 4

Arizona, Canada, Hawaii, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Washington – 1

B1G doesn't have any states in the Top 8

Only 2 in the Top 11
Who cares where they have attended high school, WVUpride304? More FAKE NEWS from the WVU fan who used to masquerade as a Texas fan, but now beats the $EC drum incessantly. THE TOP THREE picks in the NFL Draft all played at Ohio State, but in your pea brain of delusion, the B1G sucks because there are more great athletes in the South. Big boy college football programs recruit NATIONWIDE. But when you create your 31st profile, be smart enough for once to pick an elite $EC school as your favorite team, but don't pick LSU 'cause the Fightin' Tigers, loaded with NFL talent, would have underachieved, as usual, if they hadn't be rescued by the former Athens (OH) Bulldog, Joe Burrow. That's right: The Heisman Trophy Winner, National Championship QB, AND No. 1 NFL Draft Pick went to an Ohio high school. Class dismissed.

My answer might seem basic but I believe it. WVU was never the best team. Close with maybe only 3-5 teams. ND was better and would win that game most times. In 07 the schedule was a Big East joke schedule. Legit top 8 but nothing more. That team lost two Big East games. Those two WVU teams actually proved they weren’t the best team. Hard to remember from the 70s on but how many top 10 recruiting classes has WVU had? Even how many top 20 classes since the 70s. Ask that question about Ohio St recruiting. Comparing WVU football to Blue Blood Ohio St football a total joke. I don’t care what year. There have been yrs, far and few between, WVU has had a better team but 2007 wasn’t one of those teams. So take out team that lost to ND and overrated team that lost to a bad Pitt team 13-9 and what other WVU teams were legit top 5? The answer to your question is easy. WVU is a little brother program with potential for good teams but not Top 3 Natty contending teams. Every once in awhile chips can fall a certain way that makes it appear attainable but because the players aren’t good enough reality takes over.

We've had years when we were good enough. But to really win titles you need to be good enough consistently - not once per decade.

07 was our chance. A national title caliber team should have been able to defeat Pitt with a backup QB.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
You can’t say that about Ohio St. No question that Pitt team was bad. Bostic is the worst QB that has played for Pitt since the 70s. But to assume a win against Ohio St when Pitt out muscled WVU is fanboy stuff.
Ok

We've had years when we were good enough. But to really win titles you need to be good enough consistently - not once per decade.

07 was our chance. A national title caliber team should have been able to defeat Pitt with a backup QB.

And we had one in Jarrett Brown. Rod just didn't play him and kept White in there despite his reported inability to throw due to a hand injury. Simple passes were there for the taking all night that game.

Who cares where they have attended high school, WVUpride304? More FAKE NEWS from the WVU fan who used to masquerade as a Texas fan, but now beats the $EC drum incessantly. THE TOP THREE picks in the NFL Draft all played at Ohio State, but in your pea brain of delusion, the B1G sucks because there are more great athletes in the South. Big boy college football programs recruit NATIONWIDE. But when you create your 31st profile, be smart enough for once to pick an elite $EC school as your favorite team, but don't pick LSU 'cause the Fightin' Tigers, loaded with NFL talent, would have underachieved, as usual, if they hadn't be rescued by the former Athens (OH) Bulldog, Joe Burrow. That's right: The Heisman Trophy Winner, National Championship QB, AND No. 1 NFL Draft Pick went to an Ohio high school. Class dismissed.

Ohio State's recruiting is dependent on their record.

Not going to argue with stupidity.

Just the truth.

Not all schools are like that because they have in state talent.

What Ohio State has done works both ways.
Yes it is bringing more talent but it is also setting them up for failure if they don't continue to win.

They can turn into Nebraska or even Michigan.

Ohio doesn't have the talent that can compare with elsewhere anymore.

I’m thinkin if those two teams played 20 times 18 would have been blowouts. Total opportunity blown by RichRod.

Ohio State's recruiting is dependent on their record.

Not going to argue with stupidity.

Just the truth.

Not all schools are like that because they have in state talent.

What Ohio State has done works both ways.
Yes it is bringing more talent but it is also setting them up for failure if they don't continue to win.

They can turn into Nebraska or even Michigan.

Ohio doesn't have the talent that can compare with elsewhere anymore.
When doesn't Ohio State win, dipsh!t? Other than when some coaching changes occur (but not the last one), Ohio State always wins. Take a look at the current recruiting rankings for 2021, then bow your head in shame for being such an idiot. The school for which you root isn't even in the same neighborhood as Ohio State, let alone on the same block. Know your place.

Because they are in the B1G. Getting pretty sad. They should give Michigan a chance to recruit as well.

Ohio State isn't important in this discussion. What is important is the Big Ten.

Big Ten because they are owned by FOX is a competitor to the ESPN.
ESPN/SEC doesn't want the B1G in any of their states or potential states.

So when Maryland jumped to the B1G there were additional rumors about teams going every way. SEC could have easily grabbed NC State but ESPN prevented it.
ESPN stepped in and gave the ACC a network.

Because they didn't want those schools in the B1G
Same reason why ESPN protects Texas.

Nothing against the B1G and your fake school.
Just demographics.
Not much football talent and a shrinking population.

ESPiN is still paying the B1G a lot of money, Pride, but when you add the huge sum that Fox is paying the B1G, then you'll see why your stance on this subject is so delusional. You root for a school that recruits heavily in the State of Ohio, and one of them was just selected in the 5th round of the NFL Draft. You should thank God that Ohio and Western PA are so close. Otherwise, y'all would be Marshall II.

It is a conference based around FOX.

CBS owned the SECs first tier rights as well but ESPN took control of that.
FOX will ultimately take exclusive control over all B1G programming

Regarding WVU.

They should become the #1 school in the DMV IMO.
Then supplement this with Georgia, Carolinas, Florida and the Northeast.

Add Maryland and Virgina together and you see the talent compared to Texas/Louisiana and Florida/Georgia

Texas – 14

Florida – 7

Georgia – 5

Louisiana – 4

Because they are in the B1G. Getting pretty sad. They should give Michigan a chance to recruit as well.

Ohio State isn't important in this discussion. What is important is the Big Ten.

Big Ten because they are owned by FOX is a competitor to the ESPN.
ESPN/SEC doesn't want the B1G in any of their states or potential states.

So when Maryland jumped to the B1G there were additional rumors about teams going every way. SEC could have easily grabbed NC State but ESPN prevented it.
ESPN stepped in and gave the ACC a network.

Because they didn't want those schools in the B1G
Same reason why ESPN protects Texas.

Nothing against the B1G and your fake school.
Just demographics.
Not much football talent and a shrinking population.

You just say stuff and make stuff up dude. My guess is you’re the pathological liar personality. You remind me of a friend in our group in high school Just making statement like they’re fact. You have zero idea about what was going on in expansion because you’re a fanboy sitting on a computer googling all things “everything”. No life experience or wired relationships of course. You know nothing about ESPN. I have an extremely close relationship that literally sat on the ESPN and Hallmark Channel boards. That’s why back in the day I educated you(Pride) and Buckhead on reality versus google smart. Then right on cue you bring up like two or three other things at the end of your post that you have googled. Sir if you’re under 40 yrs old I suggest you get professional help. If you’re over 50 yrs old no one can help you. Stay safe and healthy sir.

WVU will never be able to corner the DMV Market, but should be able to pluck some talent from there. The blue bloods, including Ohio State and Alabama, pull guys out of there, and Penn State has always recruited that area well, too. Chase Young and the Diggs brothers are from there, for a few recent examples.

WVU plays Penn State and Alabama in the future.

To be a big time school you must behave like a big time school

WVU wants to be one.

Can never claim you can't do anything.
Just the truth of where WVU is at right now.

It is a conference based around FOX.

CBS owned the SECs first tier rights as well but ESPN took control of that.
FOX will ultimately take exclusive control over all B1G programming

Regarding WVU.

They should become the #1 school in the DMV IMO.
Then supplement this with Georgia, Carolinas, Florida and the Northeast.

LOL. Hey you missed what Beatty is doing in that area haha. Beat them to it. Hurry up and google what I’m talking about haha. Hey don’t be surprised if Pitt makes a mark in Texas one day goofball.
Hint: Google DMV

A blueblood with unlimited talented....one national championship in the last 17 years....I'd say that makes them underrated losers.

tOSU.>.......................................................................................wvupitt.....marshall.

Last edited:
More content from the biggest online geek of them all. You’re so rustled you align yourself with him hahahaha! Let’s get this thread into uncharted waters you geek POS.
You must be referring to my little stalker, as I am unable to see to whom you are referring. He is the only poster that I have on ignore, and I would urge you to do the same. He is truly the lowest form of life, never has anything useful to say, and does not deserve any of your attention.

WVU will never be able to corner the DMV Market, but should be able to pluck some talent from there. The blue bloods, including Ohio State and Alabama, pull guys out of there, and Penn State has always recruited that area well, too. Chase Young and the Diggs brothers are from there, for a few recent examples.

Tools haven’t notice Pitt has put that area as #3 priority. The hillbillies don’t do their homework. It will be funny when Pitt hits up Texas. All of the players in Texas that get drafted but don’t go to Texas haha. Texass should be happy Ohio St doesn’t make Texas a priority. They’d pop 3 of Texas top 8 kids every yr if they wanted to.

Tools haven’t notice Pitt has put that area as #3 priority. The hillbillies don’t do their homework. It will be funny when Pitt hits up Texas. All of the players in Texas that get drafted but don’t go to Texas haha. Texass should be happy Ohio St doesn’t make Texas a priority. They’d pop 3 of Texas top 8 kids every yr if they wanted to.
Oh, we're killing it in Texas. Both first rounder Jeff Okudah and second rounder J.K. Dobbins are from there, and Garrett Wilson, a promising five-star rising Sophomore WR, attended high school in Texas' back yard.

You actually think Pitt is a threat is beyond belief.

Zero fans
Zero talent

There is more of a chance of Pitt being left out than WVU.
At least WVU is a flagship university in their state.

Pitt lost to Boston College this year.

Kansas went there and left their mark.
Shows you how bad those ACC schools are

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT