ADVERTISEMENT

Let's say...

NCwvugrad4

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2022
we add Grill... and we'll pause it there for now. We'll assume Seth and Kobe move on which appears likely since we're bringing in better players over them.

Looking at the following potential lineup:
1 - Kerr/Toussaint
2- Grill/Silverio
3- Perez/TBD
4- Tre/TBD
5- Edwards/Wague

Additional bench: Okonkwo, J. Harris

Probably adding at least 2 additional portal guys as well down the line.

That is a damn good roster... top to bottom can play with anyone in our league type of good. We arguably haven't had that type of talent and depth overall since we've been in the Big 12. Bonafide passing PG... a cluster of guards who can shoot and find ways to score... a very skilled 4, and one of the best '5' men in CBB next season.

Defense could be a weakness, but Edwards can certainly change things there with his rim protection. Wague to an extent too for that matter. It's hard to look at that roster and not think it should be a top 15-20 team, at minimum.

I would target an athletic 3/4 in the portal who can backup Tre as a role player and is fine doing all the little things and not needing to be a 20-25 minute guy, because we know Tre will play a ton but he'll also have games where he just doesn't bring it all the way. Consistency has always been his biggest issue.

And then probably another guard who can get buckets and is athletic enough to cause problems... Avery would be pretty much perfect here... or you hold this spot back in hopes of getting a guy who opts out of the draft and goes back to college after his workout (a la Ramey last year). I don't really think we need Hugley, he won't get on the court much and I just don't think we need to fall in love again with the 260 pound big who can't run the floor like we need. Unless it's a guy who has multiple years and is fine not playing a ton next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News