ADVERTISEMENT

Lathan

Pitt4Life34

All-American
Nov 5, 2002
Big get for wherever he goes. Looks like a WVU/Pitt battle. My feel is WVU on this one. Really good get down the road for someone. Trolls please stay out. You clowns ruined the last recruiting thread that was up. Granted it went Hall OF Fame but did get derailed into OT stuff. keep the content recruiting only. TY.

Reactions: MOUNTAINEERIKE
FL recruits are always a concern, until signing day. With the pressure Manny Diaz is under at Miami right now, and the word on the vine was they had a private work-out for Lathan. While he seems to be a strong WVU lean, multiple sites all have multiple picks in for him to WVU, that dont mean anything when it comes to a FL recruit, and Im sure Miami could break out a nice cuban chain for a 4 star LB..

While I like to think the connection Trickett develops with these recruits and the longstanding relationship his family/name/reputation has in the state with HS coaches, that may help to some degree, but never count out a desperate Miami program to offer some "new" NIL partnership with a Miami jewelry designer and a recruit who never held real gold before in his life.

Im also hoping the current staff pursue players who have the character, critical thinking, & moral compass to apply a weight to factors other then short money...

That said, we should land another 4 star today with Justin Williams... This class is shaping up nicely, as long as it holds true till signing day. Mangham, Stokes, Lathan, Bissainthe(maybe), Omar Cooper, Peter K, Kevin Thomas, etc..

We really need a quality LB in this class, hoping for two, but def need at least 1. Hunter seems like a perfect fit for Bandit...

Just hoping our DL & OL recruits pan out... Im not as familiar with some of them as I am the skillset positions we are heavily pursuing, as we def lost out on some of the initial DL targets.. We also lost out on Torren Wright, which when he committed to NC State, was a bit of a surprise..

There are a couple that I think are under-rated... Raleigh Collins(Massive CB), DeAnte Hunter, & Steven Sannieniola... I like the fact we seem to be adding some length to the backend.. Mangham, Collins, & Steven are all lengthy types that should help us match up well vs TE's & the taller WR's OU & Texas typically pursue.

I was hoping we would get a visit from Horace Lockett, a massive DL, but it seems we have some serious competition there that came on a little late.. If we land the majority of the targeted skillset positions, we still need another DL & OL... and we need a APB(Shifty Speedster type), which I think is why they are pursuing Demond Claiborne.

With Tyrin Woodby reclassifying into the 2021 class, this opens up another spot for us to fill.. Curious how many HS recruits we will take/allowed in this class, if Brown will keep a few in his pocket for JUCO..

The one thing I like about the players Brown pursues is even the lower rated recruits all seem to be under-rated types. Meaning when you watch their film, you dont say/think " yeah their rating is fair", its usually a bit difficult to identify differences in their game compared to a 4 star. Similar to Ryland Gandy...

If there is a theme with future classes, I hope its speed. The era in which WVU had an edge, that was our edge. People could not match our team speed & hard nosed attitudes. Honestly, speed is the one trait thats very difficult to scheme against. So I hope that continues to be a priority for all positions, even OL & DL.. It would def allow us to run more non-traditional blocking schemes, which has beenmy one major critisism with our offense, as the blocking concepts seem to be somewhat predictable, in the first two years, but that could be a result of talent/skillset limitations. So we shall see how the offense evolves and becomes less predictable over the next few years as Brown gets the players he needs/wants..

Brown's road became nearly impossible with new player compensation rules. Diaz is under less pressure than Brown...regardless what some uninformed Mountaineer fans post.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
So a low 3 star DB will define our recruiting, (verbals to Pitt) and WVU lands a higher reguarded DB instead. We sit at 25 while Pitt with Gandy is 47th. But hey you did get 10+ pages of responses on that troll attempt. If people would just be paitent you usually end up trolling yourself. Now Travious would be a good pick up for which ever team he signs with. Hope your swing is still good.

If you are well informed, you'll read & listen to all the articles out about the pressure Manny is under right now, while every article about WVU & Neal Brown is positive. #Trajectory
Look junior...the world exists outside of your sports feed. I live in Florida and follow Florida football. All your posts on all threads scream a child who hasn't left Sabraton. Thus...pollyanna.

• Haha
Look junior...the world exists outside of your sports feed. I live in Florida and follow Florida football. All your posts on all threads scream a child who hasn't left Sabraton. Thus...pollyanna.
You are everything wrong with the board...instead of letting Volatility have his opinion, you derail the thread with an attack on him instead of staying on topic like the OP requested.

So go ahead and derail it some more with a post that says I dance for you.

SMH.

Getting back on topic like the OP wants...

Does spitt still have the same problems when Wanny was there...unable to keep local recruits local?

I don't pay much attention to spitt since we rarely play them much anymore.

Williams is a great catch for WVU (As is Spells) but we haven't had much success with highly-rated running backs coming in.

Last edited:
You are everything wrong with the board...instead of letting Volatility have his opinion, you derail the thread with an attack on him instead of staying on topic like the OP requested.

SMH.

Does spitt still have the same problems when Wanny was there...unable to keep local recruits local?

Williams is a great catch for WVU (As is Spells) but we haven't had much success with highly-rated running backs coming in.
You don’t think Leddie has been a success?

Edit - Throw Charles Simms in here too…. I know we have had some big name flame outs at RB, but we have also had some real studs and some of our recent successes haven’t even hit the field yet. And Leddie has been operating behind a weak OL.

Last edited:
You don’t think Leddie has been a success?
I never said that....I said there have been more misses than hits for WVU with highly-rated rbs.

Leddie has been fine...its still an incomplete at this point...That said...I'm glad he is back.

Allen....You are correct that we haven't had many the last few years...

Some that have flamed out in the last 10 years.

2011 -- Andrew Buie 3-star
2013 -- Dreamius Smith -- 4 star
2014 -- Dontae Smith-Williams -- 4 star
2015 -- Deamonte Lindsay -- 3-star

"There is a world that exists beyond" Coming from a WVU forum troll. Some of the most backwoods/redneck people Ive ever came across has been from FL, so..... residing in fl insinuates nothing about your diversity of perspectives, education, intellect, travel, or life's experiences.

I have lived in 3 different states, traveled USA extensively, and visited 6 different countries. That said, the places someone has lived, worked, or traveled for any reason is not correlated to an individual's wisdom, intellect, or one maintaining aligned attributes of being cultured or well informed. Esp now that we live in the information age where physical location is not an inhibitive factor in one obtaining knowledge, data, or news of any kind, unless you live in North Korea.

You literally spend your time/days/weeks as a WVU forum troll. Thats incredibly sad & pathetic. One would think, having such a wonderful life basking in the opulence of FL, you wouldnt have time for such trivialness.

#INSTABLOCK

So a low 3 star DB will define our recruiting, (verbals to Pitt) and WVU lands a higher reguarded DB instead. We sit at 25 while Pitt with Gandy is 47th. But hey you did get 10+ pages of responses on that troll attempt. If people would just be paitent you usually end up trolling yourself. Now Travious would be a good pick up for which ever team he signs with. Hope your swing is still good.

Hey there. Hope all is well. These kids are underrated. This kid has a big upside. Pitt‘s class last year was a big class numbers wise and top 25. This year will be small. 15-18 depending on the Super Senior COVID deal. Didn’t realize this WVU class was Rivals Top 25. To me the programs in that Top 30-40 range need to recruit in that 18-28 range to become a consistent Top 25 program. Neither WVU or Pitt has achieved that level.

Reactions: KingCoal

SMH.

Come on man for once add some value and quit being a jerk. If you truly followed college football you’d have a feel for Pitt and Penn St. It’s like a Pitt guy knowing a bit about how WVU, Penn St and ND are doing. BTW to educate you. Pitt cleaned up the WPIAL last year.

SMH.

Listen dad all I was saying is WVU handles go berserck anytime tOSO or Pitt comes up. It’s so immature that it’s hilarious to troll them. So pops relax and let me have some fun.

"There is a world that exists beyond" Coming from a WVU forum troll. Some of the most backwoods/redneck people Ive ever came across has been from FL, so..... residing in fl insinuates nothing about your diversity of perspectives, education, intellect, travel, or life's experiences.

I have lived in 3 different states, traveled USA extensively, and visited 6 different countries. That said, the places someone has lived, worked, or traveled for any reason is not correlated to an individual's wisdom, intellect, or one maintaining aligned attributes of being cultured or well informed. Esp now that we live in the information age where physical location is not an inhibitive factor in one obtaining knowledge, data, or news of any kind, unless you live in North Korea.

You literally spend your time/days/weeks as a WVU forum troll. Thats incredibly sad & pathetic. One would think, having such a wonderful life basking in the opulence of FL, you wouldnt have time for such trivialness.

#INSTABLOCK
You are so funny. Do you purposely miss the point or is it a case of arrested development. Btw your resume points sound a lot like CFE. Gets a person thinking...

Just because you have a gay BF who sometimes visits Miami doesn’t mean you have any clue on Miami Hurricanes Football/Manny Diaz

Come on man for once add some value and quit being a jerk. If you truly followed college football you’d have a feel for Pitt and Penn St. It’s like a Pitt guy knowing a bit about how WVU, Penn St and ND are doing. BTW to educate you. Pitt cleaned up the WPIAL last year.
Pitt. Are you freakin serious.
People talk about a time before I was born when they actually won and had fans
Think it is a fairly tale.

We all understand that without WVU Pitt is lost. But that doesn’t mean we have to hear it from you everyday.

Pitt. Are you freakin serious.
People talk about a time before I was born when they actually won and had fans
Think it is a fairly tale.

We all understand that without WVU Pitt is lost. But that doesn’t mean we have to hear it from you everyday.

Umm when you’re talking Hall Of Fame and/or NFL Pitt has a glorious and respected history. Fitzgerald will be next in line. When WVU gets a Heisman winner and National Championship come back and chirp. Don’t be so insecure.

Reactions: KingCoal
Im sorry root derailed another thread...you were pretty transparent in your opening post you didn't want that to happen...some people cant grasp the basics on here.

And why do I give a shit what goes on at spitt and Penn State?

This is a WVU board last time I checked.....BTW...Major says hi!

Allen....You are correct that we haven't had many the last few years...

Some that have flamed out in the last 10 years.

2011 -- Andrew Buie 3-star
2013 -- Dreamius Smith -- 4 star
2014 -- Dontae Smith-Williams -- 4 star
2015 -- Deamonte Lindsay -- 3-star
Dreamius Smith flamed out? Huh who knew

Stills5, I agree with everything here. Neal is getting some very good recruits that have a lot of P5 offers. Much different than the Holgs era. Overall this class is shaping up were well.
As for the All Star recruiting thread turned into a Greggy self inflicted troll thread. Greggy did most of the trolling.

Look for a few more good looking recruits to commit thru Aug. TOS has a list of about 10 on the fence. That doesn't include JC's and Portals.

Umm when you’re talking Hall Of Fame and/or NFL Pitt has a glorious and respected history. Fitzgerald will be next in line. When WVU gets a Heisman winner and National Championship come back and chirp. Don’t be so insecure.
Shouldn't you be doing your chirping on your Pitt board. You bitch cry and complain about some Texas guy being here. Yet here you are along with your turd boys.

He is alright. Takes care of his mom. Not too many 46 year old guys will live with their mom. Used to spend some time with her. She is on my Facebook.
But he likes to lie to people about who he really is. I don’t get it
He doesn't work at 7-11?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT