ADVERTISEMENT

Just saw that the doctrine is returning for 23-24

I wondered how long it would take you boys to get over yesterday's devastating loss, and begin to focus your efforts back to keeping up with the Herd. Less than 24 hours. I'm proud of you guys.

• Haha
Reactions: Humptod
Slow Head and Stoned always have their fingers on the pulse of Marshall's athletic programs. By the way, the baseball Buckeyes whipped Marshall in Huntington on Tuesday, as usual, but you clowns must have been golfing when this happened.

Slow Head and Stoned always have their fingers on the pulse of Marshall's athletic programs. By the way, the baseball Buckeyes whipped Marshall in Huntington on Tuesday, as usual, but you clowns must have been golfing when this happened.
Your thoughts on the 2023 edition of Reds baseball...hopefully more optomistic than mine!

I wondered how long it would take you boys to get over yesterday's devastating loss, and begin to focus your efforts back to keeping up with the Herd. Less than 24 hours. I'm proud of you guys.
it's baseball and golf season...basketball starts again in October......ooh blah dee ooh blah dah lalalalala life goes on

Agreed! Votto's absurd contract is up after this year...will they reinvest or just pocket the money!
Pocket the money. My suspicion is that they are attempting to follow the Guardians' blueprint as to how to spend as little as possible, but still field a competitive team. This all starts with a top-notch farm system, which Cleveland has and the Reds hope to have, as evidenced by the latter's recent acquisitions of several blue chip minor league prospects.

king and m herd always have their fingers on the pulse of WV athletics.....and whoopdedo ahia state beat marshla....wow....that's never happened before
Translation: I'm jealous because the current West Virginia resident and former WVU season ticket holder know more about WVU athletics than the carpet bagger who lives in Virginia and attended Glenville Podunk State. LMAO!

I wondered how long it would take you boys to get over yesterday's devastating loss, and begin to focus your efforts back to keeping up with the Herd. Less than 24 hours. I'm proud of you

i saw the 9th inning of that game. Marshall basically started a different pitcher each inning and that was their plan. What kind of plan is that?

i saw the 9th inning of that game. Marshall basically started a different pitcher each inning and that was their plan. What kind of plan is that?
I've seen college teams do that before, maybe not a different pitcher every inning, but usually, they do that on the weird mid-week or Thursday game against whomever they can get to play, saving their limited pitching for the Friday through Sunday games against in-conference competition. Don't know if that was the case here, but that's normally what teams will do, particularly those that have little to no starting pitching to begin with. They basically just pitch the bullpen, and put another reliever into the game when one reaches their short pitch limit.

Do you not watch MLB these days, Stone? Instead of a "closer," some MLB teams on occasion will us an "opener" to start a game, then follow this usual relief pitcher with another reliever and so on.

Do you not watch MLB these days, Stone? Instead of a "closer," some MLB teams on occasion will us an "opener" to start a game, then follow this usual relief pitcher with another reliever and so on.
I don't watch as much mlb since the Braves switched to Bally's network. I think the Dodgers did that quite a bit in the playoff series 2 years ago against the Braves.

I think the analytics goes a little too far at times. If a pitcher is in his game. let him keep going at times versus the ehole lefty/ righty situation..

You might be a fan of a rule promulgated by MLB in 2019, which requires a pitcher to face a minimum of three batters, unless the pitcher records the final out of the half inning, in which case he does not have to continue. This rule was adopted in an attempt to speed up the game and minimizes the impact of "situational" relievers, many of whom are lefthanded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT