ADVERTISEMENT

Just an FYI on the panic around Assistants, etc...

Mountaineer_Paul

Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 8, 2022
I'll preface this with, No, I'm not trying to promote myself by doing this. I love this board, and respect the info within it.

That said, I've had both Devries brothers on my show over the past week and a half. Jared the 12 year NFL Veteran and Hawkeye royalty, went to quite a few practices at Drake over the years, and assured me some things. The big takeaway from his interview? DD Is one of the most tight lipped coaches out there. It's just his philosophy.

Dusty the other Hawkeye football player of the family, and really great dude himself came on last night and spoke about how DD lost 1-2 assistants every off season and his first year at Drake they had 1 assistant and had to recruit 14 players.... that team won 20 games.

Yes, it's a lower level absolutely, but this is not something Coach isn't used to doing. Just wanted to throw this out there. I really do believe we're gonna be alright. I can't share everything, but it was insinuated to me that everything reported on the assistants who went elsewhere, weren't necessarily shocking results. That's all I've got for now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News