ADVERTISEMENT

Jefferson County, WV. Superintendent has sent letters to about 30

I was there, kind of. We were shooting a water hose trying to keep a light pole from catching on fire.

My dad likes to tell this story....apparently I left him a voice message saying I was OK and the pepper spray didnt hurt that bad.

I remember the light pole, I was right there...and when they tipped that car. I was on a front porch across the street and from what I remember the girl who owned the car was a couple houses down watching and freaking out.

We were on the field that night when the state police sprayed everyone. I was in the end zone seating and at the end of the game some kid in our group looked at me with blazing confidence and said, "We're taking this field", and we all went over the wall....like Patton's army plowing in with tanks.

The cops were surrounding the goalposts and I remember telling my roommate that all it takes is one person to go for it and it'll be on....

My dad likes to tell this story....apparently I left him a voice message saying I was OK and the pepper spray didnt hurt that bad.

I remember the light pole, I was right there...and when they tipped that car. I was on a front porch across the street and from what I remember the girl who owned the car was a couple houses down watching and freaking out.

We were on the field that night when the state police sprayed everyone. I was in the end zone seating and at the end of the game some kid in our group looked at me with blazing confidence and said, "We're taking this field", and we all went over the wall....like Patton's army plowing in with tanks.

The cops were surrounding the goalposts and I remember telling my roommate that all it takes is one person to go for it and it'll be on....
Was that after the VT game?

Yea. Frigging fire department was stuck trying to shoot water over the crowd because it wouldn’t disperse.
We were still tailgating until after midnight in the yard by northwestern street. One of the roanoke TV station cars drove by and rolled down his window and yelled "enjoy the cobtinebtal tire bow losers" and a guy drinking with threw half a beer in a can and hit him in the head. Bear everywhere in his car.

Coach Herb Hand was there and he split like 2 seconds later.

We were still tailgating until after midnight in the yard by northwestern street. One of the roanoke TV station cars drove by and rolled down his window and yelled "enjoy the cobtinebtal tire bow losers" and a guy drinking with threw half a beer in a can and hit him in the head. Bear everywhere in his car.

Coach Herb Hand was there and he split like 2 seconds later.

We could smell the Pepper Spray from our seats up in section 218. They sprayed so much of that stuff.

We could smell the Pepper Spray from our seats up in section 218. They sprayed so much of that stuff.
I was on the field but not near the pepper spray. I ran out there and congratulated a couple players and realized I was too old for that and went back. A female student had broke her ankle jumping the wall and security said they couldn't help her down there so I carried her up the steps to the concourse and got her a medic.

Reactions: Airport
I was on the field but not near the pepper spray. I ran out there and congratulated a couple players and realized I was too old for that and went back. A female student had broke her ankle jumping the wall and security said they couldn't help her down there so I carried her up the steps to the concourse and got her a medic.

ESPN kept running clips of some college kids running off with the sideline benches.

Like usual the toxic media said they were trying to ram police...not much has changed.

ESPN kept running clips of some college kids running off with the sideline benches.

Like usual the toxic media said they were trying to ram police...not much has changed.
I was standing in Crocketts around 2 or 3 and they played Country Roads and the whole plave sang. I was singing with a girl I met at the tailgate. We are still married. Who says moonshine ends badly?

Reactions: Darth_VadEER
I was standing in Crocketts around 2 or 3 and they played Country Roads and the whole plave sang. I was singing with a girl I met at the tailgate. We are still married. Who says moonshine ends badly?

That was a great night. Hard to believe it's been nearly 20 years ago

Wow, that's great.

That was a great night. Hard to believe it's been nearly 20 years ago

2005 when we advanced to Elite 8 was fun.

I was a bouncer/doorman at a downtown bar and people were just happy as hell in the bars and driving around town beeping their horns and chanting. Just tons of positive energy.

Not that it matters but I was seeing a girl who work at the Brass Alley/Pulse and she scooped me up in a pickup and we drove around slamming beers in the tailgate.

Last edited:
Did you cop a feel?
Those days we had a wvusports.com tailgate and we met a lot of our fellow posters. Made for a much more civil forum.
Since the Clintons, things have gone downhill

I was a bouncer/doorman at a downtown bar and people were just happy as hell in the bars and driving around town peeping their horns and chanting. Just tons of positive energy.

Not that it matters but I was seeing a girl who work at the Brass Alley/Pulse and she scooped me up in a pickup and we drove around slamming beers in the tailgate.

Lots of great times in Morgantown during that time. Lots of big wins in football and basketball.

I was a bouncer/doorman at a downtown bar and people were just happy as hell in the bars and driving around town peeping their horns and chanting. Just tons of positive energy.

I drove around town that night looking for fires. My wife was at her parents and she wanted to know what was going on so I was doing the live play by play.

Lots of great times in Morgantown during that time. Lots of big wins in football and basketball.

Yeah a fun time to be there.

Back then all you needed to attended a basketball game was your student ID. The Big East was so.solid back then, every week was Georgetown, Syracuse, Pitt, UConn, ect....just awesome for a young guy.

Didnt realized how spoiled I was...

I remember one night skipping because it was "only St. Johns", and damn I'd love to spend a night at the Coliseum watching that match up now.

I live far away now.

Yeah a fun time to be there.

Back then all you needed to attended a basketball game was your student ID. The Big East was so.solid back then, every week was Georgetown, Syracuse, Pitt, UConn, ect....just awesome for a young guy.

Didnt realized how spoiled I was...

I remember well. Great time to be a student

teachers and county employees who attended the rally on January 6th. She is threatening their employment because of their attendance.

This is what you on the left support? Attending a rally that was mostly peaceful (Your words from this summer and the fact that the majority of people in attendance never stepped foot on Cap grounds) is grounds for termination?
I know I'm late and not reading 5 pages of this garbage, but do you have a link? If they stormed our Capitol, I have no problem with them losing their jobs. If they just were in DC protesting and did not break any laws, I'd have a huge issue with them being fired. And they would win the lawsuit in a heartbeat. I'm betting they just received something of a letter that says the school board will investigate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airport and wvu2007
You mean like when the militant teachers "rally" breached the WV State Capitol building? They were told to leave and did not..
One of my fans can go back and look, I was definitely all for them all getting arrested and losing their jobs. In fact, I don't think it's too late.

I know I'm late and not reading 5 pages of this garbage, but do you have a link? If they stormed our Capitol, I have no problem with them losing their jobs. If they just were in DC protesting and did not break any laws, I'd have a huge issue with them being fired. And they would win the lawsuit in a heartbeat. I'm betting they just received something of a latter that says the school board will investigate.
One issue I have is them being placed on suspension and that they have to prove they did nothing wrong or else face consequences.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
We can all agree that Bru showed his ass in this thread. For that he should hold his head in shame.

I'd agree. That's complete bullshit. Do you have a link?
Don't have a link but someone posted this article

CHARLES TOWN — At least two individuals, and potentially as many as two dozen more, have received notification letters from Jefferson County School Superintendent Bondy Shay Gibson that they are suspended with pay pending a meeting with her on Tuesday.

A statement issued late Saturday read, “On Friday, January 8, 2021, the Superintendent of Jefferson County Schools was made aware that at least two employees were in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021, to protest the joint session of the United States Congress to Count the Electoral Vote.”

The notice went on to say that while the school system supports First Amendment rights, an investigation is necessary because of the violence that ensued.

Both letters included the following paragraph written by Gibson.

“I was made aware that you took part in the Electoral College protest that erupted into deadly violence on January 6, 2021.
“I understand that many community members are upset by these images. Accordingly, I have determined that you are on administrative leave with pay effective immediately pending additional investigation.”

The letter went on to indicate that the employees should schedule a meeting Tuesday with Gibson and bring a representative as disciplinary action including “the termination of your employment” is possible.

One of the employees, , using only the identifier of “T,” issued a public statement outlining his or her activities of the day in question.

“I never witnessed any violence or destruction of property,” ‘T’ wrote. “I broke no laws. I did not enter any restricted areas.”

“Those who broke the law should be held responsible, but those of us who merely exercised our First Amendment rights cannot be held responsible for the actions of people we do not even know,” ‘T” added.

The social media focus on the issue drew an official comment from the Jefferson County Republican Executive Committee condemning the actions Gibson has taken.

“The threatening letter that Dr. Gibson sent to the impacted employees is a frightening attack on our liberties. The Constitution protects the right to free speech, freedom of assembly and the right to freely associate,” the statement said.

“The Supreme Court has repeatedly upheld the right of public employees to exercise those rights and prohibits retaliation against employees for doing so. Dr. Gibson’s attack on those rights has placed the Board of Education at great financial and legal peril,” the statement continued.

"Dr. Gibson is entitled to be a Democratic activist; however, if it is determined that Dr. Gibson has violated the law then she must be terminated from her position as Superintendent.”

CHARLES TOWN — At least two individuals, and potentially as many as two dozen more, have received notification letters from Jefferson County School Superintendent Bondy Shay Gibson that they are suspended with pay pending a meeting with her on Tuesday.

A statement issued late Saturday read, “On Friday, January 8, 2021, the Superintendent of Jefferson County Schools was made aware that at least two employees were in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021, to protest the joint session of the United States Congress to Count the Electoral Vote.”

The notice went on to say that while the school system supports First Amendment rights, an investigation is necessary because of the violence that ensued.

“I was made aware that you took part in the Electoral College protest that erupted into deadly violence on January 6, 2021.
“I understand that many community members are upset by these images. Accordingly, I have determined that you are on administrative leave with pay effective immediately pending additional investigation.”

The letter went on to indicate that the employees should schedule a meeting Tuesday with Gibson and bring a representative as disciplinary action including “the termination of your employment” is possible.

One of the employees, , using only the identifier of “T,” issued a public statement outlining his or her activities of the day in question.

“I never witnessed any violence or destruction of property,” ‘T’ wrote. “I broke no laws. I did not enter any restricted areas.”

“Those who broke the law should be held responsible, but those of us who merely exercised our First Amendment rights cannot be held responsible for the actions of people we do not even know,” ‘T” added.

The social media focus on the issue drew an official comment from the Jefferson County Republican Executive Committee condemning the actions Gibson has taken.

“The threatening letter that Dr. Gibson sent to the impacted employees is a frightening attack on our liberties. The Constitution protects the right to free speech, freedom of assembly and the right to freely associate,” the statement said.

“The Supreme Court has repeatedly upheld the right of public employees to exercise those rights and prohibits retaliation against employees for doing so. Dr. Gibson’s attack on those rights has placed the Board of Education at great financial and legal peril,” the statement continued.

"Dr. Gibson is entitled to be a Democratic activist; however, if it is determined that Dr. Gibson has violated the law then she must be terminated from her position as Superintendent.”
I hope those folks show up to meet her with lawyers.

At least it's paid. I'm guessing this doesn't go past Tuesday, but it seems like it would be better to "investigate" these people without suspending them.

JFC, too many dishonest posters. Just pure scum with their continuous lies.

My position is the employer has a right and should question their employees involvement in an act such as this and if found to be part of the illegal part, fire them. I have never once said those that were just there and was not part of breaking into the capitol should be fired or suspended. I have said the employer has the right to call the employee on the carpet and find out their side of the story.

government fighting government while wasting more of the people money

how long is it going to take for this machine to eat itself?

My position is the employer has a right and should question their employees involvement in an act such as this and if found to be part of the illegal part, fire them. I have never once said those that were just there and was not part of breaking into the capitol should be fired or suspended. I have said the employer has the right to call the employee on the carpet and find out their side of the story.
Do you think this would hold true if it were BLM or Antifa? Selective punishment.

Figures you'd endorse firing someone for attending a rally and who was not a part of the violence and rioting. After all, you're a hypocrite who supports scum and wife beaters.

View me as you wish and I will do the same with you and the rest of the scum. You are also complicit of this insurrection from your past behavior which has led to a death.

Scum

You got caught in a lie. You saw that coop wasn't on the same page as you and now you are trying to backtrack. You are scum.

Reactions: bornaneer
its starting to accelerate to an extent but it cant happen fast enough
Those on the right are tired of being called scum and bad smelling people, baskets of deplorables and the media has been complicit. It is not going to end well if Biden and Harris don't find a way to calm this down.

CHARLES TOWN, W.Va. — Two Jefferson County Schools employees have been suspended with pay after the school system learned of their attendance at last Wednesday’s protest rally in Washington, D.C.
Jefferson County Schools Superintendent Dr. Bondy Shay Gibson
Jefferson County Superintendent Dr. Bondy Shay Gibson sent a letter to the employees notifying them of the suspension and indicating that they could be terminated. The letter advised the employees to bring a lawyer to a meeting with her set for Tuesday.
The letter indicated the school system had obtained video of the employees attending the event, but it did not indicate the employees had been among those storming the U.S. Capitol or that they had been placed under arrest.
Meanwhile, Jefferson County Commissioner Steve Stolipher said Sunday the letter from the school system quote ‘punishing employees for participating in a political rally’ are in his words ‘greatly concerning for our democracy’ and indicated they amount to a violation the Constitutional rights of our employees. He wants the commission to consider their options for oversight of the Board of Education.
Another post on the Jefferson County Perspective page questioned why a schools employee who was arrested after anti-Rockwool protest that shut down U.S. Senator Joe Manchin’s D.C. office in February of 2019 was not sanctioned in the same way.
Meanwhile, the employees could meet with Dr. Gibson as soon as Tuesday. In her letter to one employee, Gibson indicated the employee had also been tagged in a social media post that had what she termed threatening and demeaning statements aimed at federal government employees.
A press release from the district stated, “Jefferson County Schools fully supports the rights of employees and students to exercise their First Amendment freedoms, including the right to peaceably assemble and to petition the Government, but Wednesday’s protests involved violence and other unlawful conduct.”
JSC is investigating the matter to determine if any employee engaged in any illegal activity.
Because this involves a personnel matter, the school system said it cannot provide any additional information at this time.

Jefferson County Schools Superintendent Dr. Bondy Shay Gibson
BondyShayGibson-1-e1549703161357-300x255.jpg

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT