ADVERTISEMENT

Jeez. The "shine" is sure off our "apple" inasmuch as........

MountaineerGuy

All-Conference
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2001
every show I watch on linear TV or YTTV never mention WVU football when they are discussing good teams from the Big 12. And I mean NEVER. WVU gets NO mention from any of the guys whether you're talking Sic 'em 365 or Monty or Greg Flugaur or any linear guys. Everyone still recalls the Pat White days........but, wow.
Good news is this can be turned around with some solid seasons, but, having said that, it sure would be nice to see that happen NOW. Until it does, we are a nobody in the world of college football. When folks talk about good Big 12 teams, I never hear "WVU" thrown into that discussion even as an after thought.
Bottom line, as a WVU guy this just makes me sick. There's no reason - especially going forward with the OOC schedule weakened and Texas and Okie gone - that WVU cannot and should not put together solid winning seasons every year. Look at what Holgy did - 61-41 - and no one mistook him for the second coming of Vince Lombardi. It's more than time to get this thing rolling........ Speaking for myself I'm sick of watching discussions about college football and NEVER hearing WVU's name brought up. Just sad..........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News