ADVERTISEMENT

I wish we had opened with Delaware State instead of

Tonycried2

All-Conference
Jun 25, 2008
Morgan State who clearly is a better opponent....take it easy on opening day of the football season.

Morgan State who clearly is a better opponent....take it easy on opening day of the football season.

Morgan State............never heard of 'em. I will do a google search on Morgan State and get back with you.........

Last edited:

With a schedule full of the ODU, FIU, FAU's of the world, you need to step up the competition with your OOC schedule. Morgan State does that for you. They wouldn't for just about anybody else, but for you guys that's great.

Ask your opponent Delaware State about 'em!

I can't find where Delaware St. ever played WV State.........share the link. But it's easy to find proof that Marshall was beefing up their schedule with WV State not all that long ago.

No, if that was the case we'd play Delaware State like somebody else !

Maybe...But when you have a tough schedule to begin with, it's not such a bad idea to have what equals out to a scrimmage game, so a lot of players can get some playing time, before that tough schedule starts.

Not a good idea, when you have a schedule full of scrimmage-like games anyway...Like somebody else. ;)

Reactions: TIREPUNK
I can't find where Delaware St. ever played WV State.........share the link. But it's easy to find proof that Marshall was beefing up their schedule with WV State not all that long ago.
They'd beat the Yellow Jacket's much worse than they beat Delaware State....and that was a royal ass kicking! But you boys already know that , hence their appearance on the WVU slate! Man, Delaware State and KU in the same season...tough sledding to be sure!

Every team schedules a warm up game...........Unfortunately for Marshall, Morgan State isn't that much worse a program than the teams on their conference schedule.

Every team schedules a warm up game...........Unfortunately for Marshall, Morgan State isn't that much worse a program than the teams on their conference schedule.
But our warm beat the shit out of your warm up....yet you boys tell me how much tougher your slate is than ours....confusing!

They'd beat the Yellow Jacket's much worse than they beat Delaware State....and that was a royal ass kicking! But you boys already know that , hence their appearance on the WVU slate! Man, Delaware State and KU in the same season...tough sledding to be sure!
Full retard again Tony? Really think that schedule smack is a smart move when MVU's schedule came in between 138 (Sagarin) and 236 (Realtime) last year. Schedule smack is never a good place for MVU fans to go.

But our warm beat the shit out of your warm up....yet you boys tell me how much tougher your slate is than ours....confusing!

Wow, the best smack you can come up with that your warm up team this year beat our next year warm up team a couple of years ago...........Surely you can come up with something better than that.

Full retard again Tony? Really think that schedule smack is a smart move when MVU's schedule came in between 138 (Sagarin) and 236 (Realtime) last year. Schedule smack is never a good place for MVU fans to go.
....but Delaware State is if you're looking for a win...why mess with Morgan Sate who crushed Delaware Sate.

Wow, the best smack you can come up with that your warm up team this year beat our next year warm up team a couple of years ago...........Surely you can come up with something better than that.
Hey, I'm like Fox news , I report, you decide! Morgan State 26 Delaware State 6

We play 12 games and most likely at least four of those teams will be ranked at the end of the year. MVU played one team inside the top 50, while WVU played four teams inside the top 20. We could compare games played against opponents ranked outside the top 100 (MVU 8 WVU 2). Are you still confused?

We play 12 games and most likely at least four of those teams will be ranked at the end of the year. MVU played one team inside the top 50, while WVU played four teams inside the top 20. We could compare games played against opponents ranked outside the top 100 (MVU 8 WVU 2). Are you still confused?

Yep, he still doesn't comprehend that who your team plays actually matters. In Herdzakistan the only thing that matters is W's and L's.

1996. Three years after WVU had a shot at the National Championship on the Division 1 level. Your boys were still playing WVIAC teams........
Hhahahahha..we were still I-AA in 1996! Although it was a perfect 15-0 season but I don't remember WVU playing for the NC in 1993. I remember UF beating the dog shit out of the Mounties physically and on the scoreboard....Oh, the humanity! Studstill may still be in orbit around the Earth!

Hhahahahha..we were still I-AA in 1996! Although it was a perfect 15-0 season but I don't remember WVU playing for the NC in 1993. I remember UF beating the dog shit out of the Mounties physically and on the scoreboard....Oh, the humanity! Studstill may still be in orbit around the Earth!

You probably still remember that glorious victory over WV State like it was yesterday.......it was part of your perfect season.

Speaking of shots...poor Darren, never seen a game turn on a hit like that! Until that point WVU was playing well but the sight of seeing one of their QB's trying to put his mouthpiece into his earhole was too much for the Mounties to handle!

Things like that happen when your team plays some of the best competition in the land, something Marshall fans have no experience with.

Another moral victory for the Herd. Congratulations!

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
I'm surprised that you don't wish you were opening with WV State like you did not so very long ago.

I guess when you're an old buzzard 20 years isn't that long ago. Marshall was, at that time, a 1-AA team, so we played a team one division below us as a warm up game. It would be like oh, I don't know, wvu opening with a lower level team like say Delaware State.

A hundred years ago. We have played much better teams in tougher locations.

You guys need to het your story straight. Old Buzzard considers something that happened 20 years ago as "fairly recent" and you consider something that happened 15 years ago as ancient history. No wonder it's hard to keep you guys on point. Oh, and Florida was ranked #1 when we played them, but you have played tougher opponents? Have you played a team at their place that was ranked higher than #1?

I guess when you're an old buzzard 20 years isn't that long ago. Marshall was, at that time, a 1-AA team, so we played a team one division below us as a warm up game. It would be like oh, I don't know, wvu opening with a lower level team like say Delaware State.

Thanks for raising your hand. I knew I could count on you to explain it.

Last edited:
You guys need to het your story straight. Old Buzzard considers something that happened 20 years ago as "fairly recent" and you consider something that happened 15 years ago as ancient history. No wonder it's hard to keep you guys on point. Oh, and Florida was ranked #1 when we played them, but you have played tougher opponents? Have you played a team at their place that was ranked higher than #1?

Don't let me make you blow a gasket Banker.........this is all in fun, at least for those of us that realize how meaningless a smack board is.

When was your return game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT