ADVERTISEMENT

I know people hat Guy Fieri..

Originally posted by backcountry mounty:
But this looks fabulous for Sunday night pasta...My mom does something similar with pork neck bones and it is phenomenal..
He's a little irritating at times but for some reason I kinda like the guy. Also his father is from West Virginia.

BTW, he now has a hamburger joint on Carnival cruise ships and I'm looking forward to giving it a try next month when I'm heading out of Miami for some cruise time.

As for the recipe it looks great to me. I may have to give that one a try. I have a few more minutes before my beef noodle stew is ready. Something I threw together earlier today in the slower cook.

He comes across as a huge, fake douche, but I love Diners Drive-Ins, and Dives. I know that's paradoxical or something.

Originally posted by El~Scronko:
He comes across as a huge, fake douche, but I love Diners Drive-Ins, and Dives. I know that's paradoxical or something.
That's the one thing that I've heard about him, is that he isn't fake at all. When he went to meet with the Carnival cruise line executives he came to the meeting in shorts and flip flops. Now you could make the case that doing that is disrespectful but it is kinda funny. He takes random cruises and they say he sits around and gets tanked with everyone and buys all of the drinks.

But he just has a way about him that makes him easy to dislike.

I ate at his Times Square joint in Manhattan last week

If you happened to catch the associated news stories when the place first opened, Fieri got absolutely savaged by the NYC foodie press for whatever reason(s) of their choosing. But while the food on the menu proved to be comparatively standard pub-style fare.....though I though the Mongolian wings appetizer was kind-of unique.....I considered the it (and the house draft beers) to be perfectly fine, and not ridiculously-overpriced considering the location.

My son in law and I ran into him at the Indy 500 a couple of years ago. My son in law is a big fan of his, we talked to him for several minutes and he was gracious enough to allow for photos with him. I thought he was very nice and in no way did he come across as a phony or a jerk. I have met plenty of sports and media celebs over the years and many of them were jerks, he was not one of them.

Impossible to go wrong with those pork products, no?

I offer no opinion on the guy. I sort of know who he is, but don't watch anything he does.

Saw this on reddit, and it reminded me of this thread:
87x9UPL.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT