ADVERTISEMENT

I appreciate that we have real fans

doneagain

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2004
My parent's basement
This is not trolling or snarky.

You know how I know we have real fans? Because we keep coming back, year after year, game after game in both football and basketball.

We never win it all but here we are. We get mad at our coaches and players, we try to fist fight each other. We can barely agree on anything - shit somebody is probably already typing up a response to this message disagreeing with me.

But we keep coming back. Maybe we are masochistic as opposed to fanatic?

I look at Alabama and they have fans coming out of the woodwork. Same with Ohio State. It’s easy to cheer for teams that always win. Real fans pick a team and stick with them no matter what, even when the team makes you so made you want to “burn your gear.”

I know too many people that just pick a winning team and claim they are die hard fans until the winning stops, then they jump on another winner, rinse and repeat.

With all the crap WVU fans have been through, winning & losing, “almost’s” and “could have been’s,” never ending conference turmoil - we are a true vagabond school. Highs and lows. Cherishing our heroes forever and never forgiving the villains, some of which come from within… we are here still standing. Still holding out hope we turn things around, even if we won’t admit it.

I know this guy, has no ties to Michigan, but just decided he was a Michigan football fan, and likewise has no ties to UNC but has decided he is a UNC basketball fan. I can’t respect that. People can do what they want, but I can’t respect those that just decide to chase a winner (and yeah, I know Michigan hasn’t done anything big in a long time).

I know in the long run, even though I have no foresight into the future, WVU is gonna be okay because we have fans that care. And that helps me cope with the angst and frustration of seasons like this or the last few.

I appreciate all you guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News