ADVERTISEMENT

Hypocrite of the century

WVPATX

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
Tim Cook of Apple blasts Indiana but doesn't say a word about Muslim theocacies that kill gays. Wonder why? He's a coward.

This post was edited on 3/30 11:30 PM by WVPATX

Come on libs

Should Cook sell Apple products in the Muslim world? Should he only criticize America? Is he a hypocrite for ignoring his gay side and selling Apple products in Islamist countries?

lol you're not quite right are you? I'm sure that gays are mistreated all over the planet but why does he need to address every instance of gay discrimination (or worse) worldwide just to make comments regarding the Indiana situation? smh

Well, it sure would demonstrate some moral fiber (and common sense) .......

............. to cease selling your products in countries where gays are strapped to chairs and thrown off buildings 8 stories high (and then stoned after they hit because the plunge was not good enough) rather than throwing a fit because somebody in the States won't make a customer a cake because they are gay.

It makes the accuser either look like they care more about their money than human life or they are terrified of offending Muslims. Couldn't be either of those. Nahhhhhhhhhh.

And for the record, I am opposed to people not serving gays because I harbor no ill-will towards that community. But it is beyond hypocritical (and inhumane) to continue to trade with the countries that are slaughtering the very minority you claim to step to the plate for.

It's not too hard to decipher why it's impossible to take these "upstanding" crusaders seriously.

Is Apple not selling their products in Indiana? I doubt that.

The CEO of one of America's biggest corporation holds a wee bit more sway in America than he does in Syria. Awesome topic. The Republicans should probably run on it.

Sense when is this about SWAY? He controls his own moral code, correct?

Apparently he does because he stepped to the plate so eagerly on this issue (which I agree with him on much of it).

The question is why trade with countries engaging in mass genocide against the very minority you claim to love and value as it pertains to their rights ...... and rights extend to life itself?

He does not need sway in Syria or any other barbaric country that slaughters gays. He knows he's not going to change that lust for carnage and blood. However, he and his board control who he does business with and whom they do not and the fact they will continue to do business with countries committing atrocity after atrocity in the same vein (and worse) of what he just spoke on is beyond the pale.

Re: Well, it sure would demonstrate some moral fiber (and common sense) .......

What countries are you speaking of and what are the number of Apple stores in those countries? I'd think that nearly anyone anywhere with a credit card and internet access could buy Apple products. It's also laughable that if someone can't fix all of the world's problems then they shouldn't try to make a difference (or offer an opinion) in one state in the U.S. Your hyperbole is over the top as usual.

Lol, I love it when the wing nuts come out of their bubble and

find out they are the real minority in America these days.

Ask a right wing gay person, Lol

Or do you think they are all liberals? Who cares, if he is then I guess Wallmart is, and Duke is, and the NCAA is and.....................lol

Unfrotuntely it's not about "fixing all the world's problems".

Especially when the stench of politics enter the fray.

Low-hanging fruit ..... as usual.

"Do as I do" sure would make far more sense if you severed all ties with the chief culprits of the type of discrimination (and extermination) you rail against.

LOL!!! ..... You got that right.

And it's largely why the world is the simmering crock pot of sh*t it currently is.

Luckily for the minority you speak of, the story will soon change ..... for ALL OF US.

We're gonna be in this mess together.

DOOOOOOOMED![/B]

Re: Lol, I love it when the wing nuts come out of their bubble and

Originally posted by Keyser76:
find out they are the real minority in America these days.

This....just when I thought you could not be any dumber.

Yeah, I got it all wrong. The mainstream business community

is "not" leading the backlash against Indiana.

This is a point that . . .

should be more well-taken than it is. We have a laughable lack of public awareness of the conditions in some of these Islamic theocratic countries. You are absolutely right to point this out as a hypocrisy for big companies that do business in these countries.

That doesn't mean they should be silent on social justice issues at home. If America is supposed to be so exceptional (even though I don't happen to believe that was really ever true) we shouldn't stand for falling short on our standards for how we treat each other.

Having said all that, I think the Indiana law backlash is a little disproportionate, for reasons I discussed elsewhere. It's not really going to have much of an effect either way, imo. It is a source of embarrassment, but at the end of the day, the marketplace of wedding goods and services (where this policy really is aimed toward) is going to sort things out its own.
This post was edited on 3/31 10:06 AM by Fingon

Like numerous other posters in this thread have pointed out, he is focusing on/where he has influence and can make some change. He has no control or influence on what happens in middle-eastern countries.

This Indiana thing really has a lot of steam and will continue to get big unless the governor makes an amendment. You have other towns, states and numerous businesses, groups and organizations protesting; even the NCAA is not happy about this and I'm sure will not hold any Final Fours or championships in the future that are not already scheduled/have agreements.

Just wait until the media starts questioning GOP Presidential candidates about their position on this; that will be entertaining.

Apple is an insignificant little company run by libs....

roll.r191677.gif
The irony here is the wingnuts are all about the "private sector"....yada yada.

I abhor the hatred that a portion of so-called ...........

........ "Christians" have for gays and I suspect that while hatred is indeed only possessed within a small portion of that sect, that not enough of the majority harbor the type of compassion they should have for their homosexual brothers and sisters.

They claim to follow Christ ..... yet don't love their neighbors, let alone their ENEMIES. They also do not allow God to serve as the ultimate judge & jury, which he is fully capable of doing.

As some have said, would Jesus exclude gays or any other sinners be it homosexual or heterosexual? Absolutely not. They wanted to stone the adulteress. Jesus embraced her, requested change, and sent her on her way.

That being said, do I think followers of Christ are targeted in this country and elsewhere? You better believe I do and world events bare this as truth. It certainly does not mean non-Christians have not been treated poorly either. I don't support that either. None of it is justified. However I have to laugh when the writers at the New York Post take such pleasure at poking those who love Christ, knowing they have carte blanche to do so because violence is such an unlikely response. That does not take courage.

Yet, they completely skirt the atrocities within the Muslim community (and our country's increasing mistreatment of Christians). It takes true courage to attack an ideology when you know it can ultimately lead to your own death. That's why the cartoonists at Charlie Hebdo were amazing examples of the human spirit and carried so much weight in their pants due to their massive balls.

I wish more of the liberal media were the same.

This post was edited on 3/31 10:55 AM by Wolf J. Flywheel

Re: I abhor the hatred that a portion of so-called ...........

Originally posted by Wolf J. Flywheel:

That being said, do I think followers of Christ are targeted in this country? You better believe I do and world events bare this as truth.

This post was edited on 3/31 10:55 AM by Wolf J. Flywheel
Give a couple of examples please.

In the US they lose a "wedding cake". In other areas

their heads. I can see the relevance.

It all goes back to that marriage is a religious institution

Always has been, always will. Government needs to get out.

I think ultimately, evangelicals and atheists could agree . . .

on the notion of segregating the word 'marriage' from the state-sanctioned aspects. All couples can get a civil union. Those who are religious can have a wedding if they want it, but from the state's standpoint (and for purposes of legal wills, health care, and every other facet of financial and government business) the civil union is all that matters. What people want to do beyond them should be between them, their family, their church, etc. Not sure why this approach couldn't work for everyone.

That Apple doing business with countries where they lose their heads

is very hypocritical, when you bash and plan to destroy little old Indiana for a little sugar and flour.

Solution done

I'm all for it, and I bet bakeries would have no issue making a civil union cake.

I would argue that . . .

"Indiana" (recognizing that this doesn't apply to every business) is doing this to themselves. It's all a moot point in the end, but was there really a problem here to address? Gays overwhelming wedding businesses demanding service from bigots? Really?

Re: That Apple doing business with countries where they lose their heads

So Tim Cook is not allowed to say anything about Indiana without addressing gay discrimination/persecution worldwide? Ok, got it. Also tell me how much business Apple does with these other countries that you and others in this thread are complaining about. No one seems to be able to back up their claims.
This post was edited on 3/31 11:10 AM by moe

It's started

One bakery in Oregon destroyed because someone stuck to their faith. A church in NJ dismantling a gazebo used for weddings because they turned down gays. Houston's gay mayor going after church leadership, then backing down once it became public. It's just a matter of time.

I'm not doing your research for you

You want to know, you find out. It's significant. Prove otherwise.

It's not too hard to decipher ..... But 10 years? LOL!!!

You are exceedingly generous. All Hell is about to break loose within 2 months to 2 years. Hell, even the ATHEIST contingent at the Science and Security Board are joining secular hero, Stephen Hawking (who gave this planet no more than another 1,000 years of inhabitability), by setting the Doomsday Clock to ...... well ..... interesting levels.

Note that I am referring to ATHEISTS ........ not apocalyptic Muslims or dispensationalist Christians.

Yet, Hawking will be pleased to know that the world is guaranteed to be around AT LEAST another 1,000 years from this moment in time.It's just not guaranteed much beyond that. What an unprecedented pissing match we now stare at. Russia/Ukraine (truthfully, Russian and America and the EU) ...... China and Japan .... North Korea and the U.S./South Korea ..... Sunnis and Shiite brothers now getting ready for one helluva battle in the Middle East ...... Israel and Iran ... .... well ..... Israel versus basically everybody .....

You won't find anything like this in your history books beyond the ignited world wars. The only question now is who makes the first mistake that sends the first shiver of snow down the mountain. People are simply blind as to what is coming. This is our brain-dead "Jaywalking" generation.

It's gonna be a wild few months/years and a lot of people here may not be able to log on to this site for a while. LOL!! Oh the horror.

DOOOOOOOOMED!![/B]

This post was edited on 3/31 11:18 AM by Wolf J. Flywheel

Re: Sense when is this about SWAY? He controls his own moral code, correct?

Originally posted by Wolf J. Flywheel:
The question is why trade with countries engaging in mass genocide against the very minority you claim to love and value as it pertains to their rights ...... and rights extend to life itself?
He does have his own moral code, but as far as business is concerned he is beholden to the stockholders and they want to see returns and dividends.

Re: You gotta be kidding me. **

Not kidding at all. If you're going to make a claim, be able to back it up with PROOF/FACTS.

Re: I already backed it up. It's significant. I know this

You've got nothing, keep hating on Tim Cook.

Lol Like American defense companies doing business with the Saudis?

They behead a few people too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT