ADVERTISEMENT

Humptod, I think we should be the honest broker

Tonycried

All-American
Aug 6, 2004
for our Cousins when they approach RichRod after HOGO gets a well deserved termination notice. After all, the boys love to overpay so why not make Rich the highest paid coach in college football and all will be forgiven. The Cousins can't afford to hold grudges if they want to break out of the 6-6 doldrums!

for our Cousins when they approach RichRod after HOGO gets a well deserved termination notice. After all, the boys love to overpay so why not make Rich the highest paid coach in college football and all will be forgiven. The Cousins can't afford to hold grudges if they want to break out of the 6-6 doldrums!
This doesn't tell quite the narrative that our resident liar and hypocrite, tonycried, seems to tell, does it? We didn't play an $EC schedule, but the facts don't like up with us playing a CDIAA-quality schedule, as our lying hypocrite likes to constantly lie about.

2005-2006

OSU - 2
USC - 8
Texas - 13
Notre Dame - 14
PSU - 17
Florida State - 30
Georgia - 49
WVU - 63
#106 Marshall - 86

2007-2008

Oklahoma - 7
LSU - 11
UGA - 23
Virginia Tech - 26
USC - 29
WVU - 40
Ohio State - 46
Illinois - 61
#125 Marshall - 73
Kansas - 74
Hawaii - 76

2011-2012

Oklahoma State - 3
LSU - 7
Alabama - 15
Oregon - 35
Stanford - 36
Michigan - 40
Clemson - 43
Wisconsin - 44
WVU - 57
Virginia Tech - 59
#79 Marshall - 56

It is kinda funny seeing Marshall used to play Top 100 schedules. I guess after finishing #106, #125, and #79 playing Top 100 schedules, I now see why you guys are such pussies now. Time for Tonycried to disappear like Houdini.

Hahahahahahaahahaha....You seem to be attempting to prove a point but I can't make out what it is! Are you attempting to disprove my assertion that WVU had the easiest path to the old BCS bowl system, if you are your "evidence" does not help your case! Even the most ardent of WVU know that is not so much a slam as the statement of simple truth. BUt the old Big Least games were must see TV in my book!

Hahahaha......I wonder how much $$$ it would take to get RichRod back. It cost wvu a bundle just to get rid of him!

Hahahahahahaahahaha....You seem to be attempting to prove a point but I can't make out what it is! Are you attempting to disprove my assertion that WVU had the easiest path to the old BCS bowl system, if you are your "evidence" does not help your case! Even the most ardent of WVU know that is not so much a slam as the statement of simple truth. BUt the old Big Least games were must see TV in my book!
It proves you to be a liar. That is all...

Well, if Holgorsen ever did get the axe from WVU, guess who would be there waiting to swoop up any WVU scrap? Yep, Marshall. They would hire him in a heartbeat, like the rest of their coaching staff.

And, if WVU wanted to make any coach the highest paid college coach in the country, they could. Marshall simply isn't in that league. Marshall pays ex-Mountaineer and ex-Mountaineer coach Doc Holliday $607,070 base pay(he made more being an assistant at WVU)....less than 20% of what our guy makes. That, and the fact Marshall can't get any respect and must cheat to stay remotely relevant, are some of the motivating factors Doc Holliday prostitutes himself to every job opening. Can't blame him, at least he had a quality education.

Well, if Holgorsen ever did get the axe from WVU, guess who would be there waiting to swoop up any WVU scrap? Yep, Marshall. They would hire him in a heartbeat, like the rest of their coaching staff.

And, if WVU wanted to make any coach the highest paid college coach in the country, they could. Marshall simply isn't in that league. Marshall pays ex-Mountaineer and ex-Mountaineer coach Doc Holliday $607,070 base pay(he made more being an assistant at WVU)....less than 20% of what our guy makes. That, and the fact Marshall can't get any respect and must cheat to stay remotely relevant, are some of the motivating factors Doc Holliday prostitutes himself to every job opening. Can't blame him, at least he had a quality education.
Brutal!

You boys are always bursting with pride for over paying! " We paid $1000 for a dozen doughnuts...we're so much better than MU". Hahahahahahahahahahaa...when are you going to realize HOGO is a joke!

Hand me another cigar..... and grab my lighter... it's that stack of $100 bills.
1396982054_md_zpswkrcuakp.jpg

By the way, do you guys get any football commits with any star ratings? There are rating services out there that may help lead you to players who have potential. Be better than just offering anyone, or everyone WVU has offered. There is help out there to make your recruiting much more efficient, and practical to your needs. Simply gratuitously offering everyone WVU offers, and getting none, seems a waste of time. Looking at your no star commit list is depressing.

RichRod was nothing if not quotable! And the guy could/can move the football...don't play the greatest defense put he'll score!

Like them or not, Rich Rod, Bill Stewart, and Holgorsen are all undefeated against Marshall, while coaching WVU...

RichRod was nothing if not quotable! And the guy could/can move the football...don't play the greatest defense put he'll score!
It amazes me that wvu gets all these good football players, has the best coaches, the best facilities, and the best fans.....yet can't win their conference or finish the season ranked ahead of the Herd. I wonder what the problem is.

It amazes me that wvu gets all these good football players, has the best coaches, the best facilities, and the best fans.....yet can't win their conference or finish the season ranked ahead of the Herd. I wonder what the problem is.
Time to put Humptod in his place, once again...

Over the past ten years, each team's ranking and strength of schedule (in parentheses).

2014: WVU - 33 (12) : MU 23 (124)
2013: WVU - 74 (38) : MU 61 (122)
2012: WVU - 48 (29) : MU 107 (104)
2011: WVU - 22 (57) : MU 79 (56)
2010: WVU - 36 (60) : MU 113 (91)
2009: WVU - 32 (31) : MU 79 (86)
2008: WVU - 26 (47) : MU 101 (77)
2007: WVU - 3 (40) : MU 125 (73)
2006: WVU - 10 (37) : MU 102 (88)
2005: WVU - 6 (63) : MU 106 (86)
2004: WVU - 29 (65) : MU 106 (112)

Avg: WVU - 28.91 (43.55) : MU - 91.09 (92.64)

Congratulation to Marshall for finishing OUTSIDE THE TOP 100 for the majority of the last ten years! Very impressive...

Last edited:
Time to put Humptod in his place, once again...

Over the past ten years, each team's ranking and strength of schedule (in parentheses).

2014: WVU - 33 (12) : MU 23 (124)
2013: WVU - 74 (38) : MU 61 (122)
2012: WVU - 48 (29) : MU 107 (104)
2011: WVU - 22 (57) : MU 79 (56)
2010: WVU - 36 (60) : MU 113 (91)
2009: WVU - 32 (31) : MU 79 (86)
2008: WVU - 26 (47) : MU 101 (77)
2007: WVU - 3 (40) : MU 125 (73)
2006: WVU - 10 (37) : MU 102 (88)
2005: WVU - 6 (63) : MU 106 (86)
2004: WVU - 29 (65) : MU 106 (112)

Avg: WVU - 28.91 (43.55) : MU - 91.09 (92.64)

Congratulation to Marshall for finishing OUTSIDE THE TOP 100 for the majority of the last decade! Very impressive...
thanks Dole!

Last edited:
Any ranking other than the Top 25 seems dubious at best to me....I've seen rankings where they'll have a team at # 78 but they lost by 3TD's to number # 83....seems a futile exercise to me but gives us something to smack about!

Any ranking other than the Top 25 seems dubious at best to me....I've seen rankings where they'll have a team at # 78 but they lost by 3TD's to number # 83....seems a futile exercise to me but gives us something to smack about!
Why are only rankings outside the top 25 dubious? Could #20 not lose to #23 by three touchdowns too? Sounds a little hypocritical to me...

I can't think of an example of that...not saying it can't happen but I could not vote one team over another if one team had proven on the field that they are better.....results have meaning and the scoreboard is the ultimate adjudicator. But I agree that I've seem teams that have narrowly lost to others who are ranking ahead of them within the top 25...and that makes me scratch my head especially when theye have the same overall record. But all rankings Top 25 or otherwise are just opinions, really no way to be objective!

I can't think of an example of that...not saying it can't happen but I could not vote one team over another if one team had proven on the field that they are better.....results have meaning and the scoreboard is the ultimate adjudicator. But I agree that I've seem teams that have narrowly lost to others who are ranking ahead of them within the top 25...and that makes me scratch my head especially when theye have the same overall record. But all rankings Top 25 or otherwise are just opinions, really no way to be objective!
2008 Fiesta Bowl. #11 WVU 48, #3 Oklahoma 28.

I'm sure there are a ton of similar examples.

I personally wouldn't rank a team in the Top 25 who didn't beat a Top 25 opponent. How do you know how good a team is, which has not played anyone worth a damn?

...and conversely how do you evaluate a team that has numerous losses to Top 25 teams? The most accurate indication of strength, IMHO is the Vegas power rankings!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT