ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Mike Raphony:

Found this one as well.
Pitiful the depths you'll go to for "Respect."

Too young for it, my slow friend. I turned 18 in the '74-'80 notch when there was no selective service. If you don't know your history don't play the game.

Now get up on that pole and dance. Daddy needs the money, get to making it.

Too young for it, my slow friend. I turned 18 in the '74-'80 notch when there was no selective service. If you don't know your history don't play the game.

Now get up on that pole and dance. Daddy needs the money, get to making it.

I don't know how old you are, you're the one name dropping Vietnam all the time. Candyass, why didn't you go in? Too scared of all the stories?

I think deep down you have a lot of guilt for not having the testicular fortitude to do what those ahead of you did. So now after years of questioning your manhood your coming to terms with the fact you pussed out. So you hate all that served to make up your shortcoming as a man. It's ok, not everyone had to serve, but those who didn't don't have your inferiority complex. It's sad really, you should get some help professionally with it.

I've dealt with your kind before. I normally just laugh in their face and move on. But in your case I'll make an exception. I've given all the proof I need to, but you can never prove to me you weren't a coward.

I don't know how old you are, you're the one name dropping Vietnam all the time. Candyass, why didn't you go in? Too scared of all the stories?

Ooooh, I'm so scared!

They paid 68 bucks a month and I had full ride to college, do the math.

Keep trying, sweetheart.

Marine, if you post that adorable picture of your wife, I'm thinking Raphony will have a coronary, and likely never return.

Proper sentence structure escapes you. Kind of like you escaping selective service obligations.
I was a freshman in college in 1968 when they held the lottery...my mom stayed up late to watch it....I was #268 so I was able to stay in school.....all of my friends were #15 and lower so they enlisted or joined the reserves.....I'm glad I didn't have to go although I would have gladly gone if necessary......some of my fraternity brothers who were returning veterans had some freaky stories to tell....one in particular who was a tunnel rat......tremendous respect for all who fought in Vietnam......screwed up war

I was a freshman in college in 1968 when they held the lottery...my mom stayed up late to watch it....I was #268 so I was able to stay in school.....all of my friends were #15 and lower so they enlisted or joined the reserves.....I'm glad I didn't have to go although I would have gladly gone if necessary......some of my fraternity brothers who were returning veterans had some freaky stories to tell....one in particular who was a tunnel rat......tremendous respect for all who fought in Vietnam......screwed up war
I have always found it hard to fathom how smart guys, Robert McNamara, Maxwell Taylor, Dean Rusk, etc. could have so misunderstood the Vietnam equation! Hell, De Gaulle point blank told them a war there was unwinnable. But the rest of the story is now history.

I have always found it hard to fathom how smart guys, Robert McNamara, Maxwell Taylor, Dean Rusk, etc. could have so misunderstood the Vietnam equation! Hell, De Gaulle point blank told them a war there was unwinnable. But the rest of the story is now history.
some of it was Johnson....some of it was Nixon......and a lot was determined when Walter Cronkite said the war was unwinnable.....that did as much to sway public opinion as anything....I lived thru the protests and rallies....even at Glenville things got hairy for a while...."..and it's 1..2..3 what are we fighting for....well I don't give a damn, I'm talking about Vietnam.....and it's 5...6...7..open up the pearly gates...aint' no time to wonder why....whoopee we're all gonna die"....remember that one

A war with us is only unwinnable if we allow it. Vietnam could've ended in a week if politicians stayed out of it.

Reactions: TIREPUNK
some of it was Johnson....some of it was Nixon......and a lot was determined when Walter Cronkite said the war was unwinnable.....that did as much to sway public opinion as anything....I lived thru the protests and rallies....even at Glenville things got hairy for a while...."..and it's 1..2..3 what are we fighting for....well I don't give a damn, I'm talking about Vietnam.....and it's 5...6...7..open up the pearly gates...aint' no time to wonder why....whoopee we're all gonna die"....remember that one
Country Joe McDonald! I blame Johnson for esculating the war when it should have been obvious it was a quagmire, George Ball was the lone voice of reason. I blame Nixon for dragging it out for another 5 years searching for " peace with honor".

A war with us is only unwinnable if we allow it. Vietnam could've ended in a week if politicians stayed out of it.
Less than that if we had used strategic weapons but who knows how the Chinese or the Soviets would have reacted to that.

Country Joe McDonald! I blame Johnson for esculating the war when it should have been obvious it was a quagmire, George Ball was the lone voice of reason. I blame Nixon for dragging it out for another 5 years searching for " peace with honor".
" be the first parents on the block to have your kid sent home in a box".....unfortunately in Ravenswood it happened......guy who lived a couple of blocks from me was a wimp in high school.....went into the service and got bad assed...total change......volunteered to go to Nam and died when he was knocked off a barge with full equipment on...never had a chance......thousands of stories like that....wasted lives

" be the first parents on the block to have your kid sent home in a box".....unfortunately in Ravenswood it happened......guy who lived a couple of blocks from me was a wimp in high school.....went into the service and got bad assed...total change......volunteered to go to Nam and died when he was knocked off a barge with full equipment on...never had a chance......thousands of stories like that....wasted lives
Tragedy not only for us but for Vietnam...hard to explain the cold war and the domino theory to kids today. As if Marxism ever had a chance to flourish.

I lived thru the protests and rallies....even at Glenville things got hairy for a while....".

I lived in Glenville all my life up until '73..........within sight of the college campus. I never missed a single GSC football or basketball home game during that time. I don't remember a lot of anti-war protests being held there, I was just a kid. But I do remember the GSC Homecoming Parades and Sadie Hawkins Day. Glenville State, thanks to the generosity of Ike Morris now has some of the most impressive athletic facilities of all our state colleges. Maybe a little off subject but I'd like to know more about Snow Sled and GSC.

I lived in Glenville all my life up until '73..........within sight of the college campus. Inever missed a single GSC football or basketball home game during that time. I don't remember a lot of anti-war protests being held there, I was just a kid. But I do remember the GSC Homecoming Parades and Sadie Hawkins Day. Glenville State, thanks to the generosity of Ike Morris now has some of the most impressive athletic facilities of all our state colleges.
most were held in the outdoor auditorium at the college and some in the dorms......also went to a couple of them in Buckhannon...the girl I was dating was Mormon and they were at every protest.......I remember one at GSC where a prof named LLoyd Murphy who had come to Glenville from UCLA (yep) and who looked like Steven Stills got up and railed against the war and started chanting freedom and progress....freedom and progress...........those were the good old days..........Mr Morris must have spent some bucks...my nephew from St Marys has been to camp there and says it's first class....I haven't been there since 1978....btw do you know Guy Perry?

I lived in Glenville all my life up until '73..........within sight of the college campus. I never missed a single GSC football or basketball home game during that time. I don't remember a lot of anti-war protests being held there, I was just a kid. But I do remember the GSC Homecoming Parades and Sadie Hawkins Day. Glenville State, thanks to the generosity of Ike Morris now has some of the most impressive athletic facilities of all our state colleges. Maybe a little off subject but I'd like to know more about Snow Sled and GSC.
I don't remember ANY Sadie Hawkins Day[cheers]:pimp:

Maybe you remember the House of the Rising Sun and Philly Loo Bird, the Log Cabin Service Station and the Pizza Shop.....maybe the Grille?
our fraternity's hangout was Stewarts Bar right on the river...remember the Log Cabin well....we almost rioted when gas went up to 44 cents a gallon......pizza shop was the first real pizza I ever had.......damn you are bringing back some memories......remember the trucker special at the hotel restaurant?

Eisenhower and Kennedy in Laos got it going. Johnson got stuck with it and listened to McNamara and the then consultant Kissinger and created that Gulf of Tonkin incident with the following massive escalation. From there it blew up into a cluster**** . Giap hit the Americans with Tet. It was a huge military defeat for the NVA and practically wiped out the Viet Cong, however it was huge propaganda victory for the North as McNamara and Westmoreland had been selling the American people a huge line of crap about the progress of the war. It turned the American public against the war, Johnson declined to run again and it was really all downhill from there. Even that old hawk Dick Nixon ran on "Bring The Boys Home" but I always doubted his sincerity. Nixon was still raring to nuke the North until '72 and the political firestorm that lead to Watergate started to break.

The irony of thing is we're butting heads with Chinese in South China Sea for the secondary reason we were knocking heads with North Vietnam, there's a sh!tload of mostly untapped oil there. Same old crap 50 years later.

I remember Lloyd Murphy, Snow Sled. He was buddies/ rivals with a radical preacher in Charleston named Jim Lewis. Stalin used to us the term useful idiots for radicals abroad who helped the Soviet cause purposely or inadvertently. Lewis certainly fit that bill in the 70's and 80's. That man was dumber than a doorknob.

I think Lloyd has an organic farm in either Pocahontas or Pendleton Counties? I ran into him him selling mushroom logs at the Vandalia Gathering, but that's been several years ago. He was pretty long in the tooth then. It's anyone's guess if he's still with us. He was an odd bird.

Maybe you remember the House of the Rising Sun and Philly Loo Bird, the Log Cabin Service Station and the Pizza Shop.....maybe the Grille?
if my fogged memory serves me correctly wasn't philly loo bird
Eisenhower and Kennedy in Laos got it going. Johnson got stuck with it and listened to McNamara and the then consultant Kissinger and created that Gulf of Tonkin incident with the following massive escalation. From there it blew up into a cluster**** . Giap hit the Americans with Tet. It was a huge military defeat for the NVA and practically wiped out the Viet Cong, however it was huge propaganda victory for the North as McNamara and Westmoreland had been selling the American people a huge line of crap about the progress of the war. It turned the American public against the war, Johnson declined to run again and it was really all downhill from there. Even that old hawk Dick Nixon ran on "Bring The Boys Home" but I always doubted his sincerity. Nixon was still raring to nuke the North until '72 and the political firestorm that lead to Watergate started to break.

The irony of thing is we're butting heads with Chinese in South China Sea for the secondary reason we were knocking heads with North Vietnam, there's a sh!tload of mostly untapped oil there. Same old crap 50 years later.

I remember Lloyd Murphy, Snow Sled. He was buddies/ rivals with a radical preacher in Charleston named Jim Lewis. Stalin used to us the term useful idiots for radicals abroad who helped the Soviet cause purposely or inadvertently. Lewis certainly fit that bill in the 70's and 80's. That man was dumber than a doorknob.

I think Lloyd has an organic farm in either Pocahontas or Pendleton Counties? I ran into him him selling mushroom logs at the Vandalia Gathering, but that's been several years ago. He was pretty long in the tooth then. It's anyone's guess if he's still with us. He was an odd bird.
one time he became upset with the cafeteria food and staged a sit in at the auditorium because of that.....problem is the sob never ate in the cafeteria.....I know...I was on the committee that did the study of the food service......very strange guy

I thought it was me.

My SIL makes pottery, my wife and I help her set up and tear down. He was next to her that year. He'd put all these logs out every morning, then wouldn't give anyone a price. He'd hand out little pamphlets with his name on them and phone number and tell them to call him for orders. He'd load the entire batch of logs up, roll out, then do the same thing the next day. Three days, around 40-45 logs unloaded and loaded everyday and he never sold a one, just handed those pamphlets out. Strange.

He took a shine to my SIL, which I thought was hilarious. If she had played her cards right she could be living in a cabin made of mushroom logs instead of a suburban split-level. How could a woman resist that?

our fraternity's hangout was Stewarts Bar right on the river...remember the Log Cabin well....we almost rioted when gas went up to 44 cents a gallon......pizza shop was the first real pizza I ever had.......damn you are bringing back some memories......remember the trucker special at the hotel restaurant?

I remember the hotel restaurant but the only thing I ever had there was a hamburger, fries and a shake. Alf Stewarts bar I could never forget. Coin op pool table and every
time you broke the balls they'd all drift to one side of the table because the place was leaning toward the Little Kanawha, and he had one of those hockey puck bowling machines.......most importantly he didn't bother to check ID, which is the main reason I spent so much time there. The Pizza Shop had a baseball themed pin ball machine that was fantastic, with plastic figures that ran the bases when you managed to knock the ball into just the right slot. Kennywood Park in Pittsburgh has one just like it. Stewarts is gone, I think it eventually fell into the river. The place where the Pizza Shop was now serves some pretty good BBQ, smoked fresh every day from a giant sized smoker on a deck that they added to the side.......

[QUOTE="Snow Sled Baby, post: 1208804, member: 1516"btw do you know Guy Perry?[/QUOTE]

I should say I USED to know Guy Perry........Haven't seen him since we were in HS together. I think his dad owned the Ben Franklin store.

I had a part-time job at Pine Manor Grocery on top of the hill before you dropped down into town on 33/119. A one stop kind of place. Grocery store, car wash, sporting goods, you name it. Kept me in spending money all through HS.

[QUOTE="Snow Sled Baby, post: 1208804, member: 1516"btw do you know Guy Perry?

I should say I USED to know Guy Perry........Haven't seen him since we were in HS together. I think his dad owned the Ben Franklin store.[/QUOTE]
Guy and I taught together at Walton and remained best friends for years...he works for the state now

I had a part-time job at Pine Manor Grocery on top of the hill before you dropped down into town on 33/119. A one stop kind of place. Grocery store, car wash, sporting goods, you name it. Kept me in spending money all through HS.
refresh my memory....wasn't philly loobird a rock band....if so my friend J B Butcher played in it

I remember the hotel restaurant but the only thing I ever had there was a hamburger, fries and a shake. Alf Stewarts bar I could never forget. Coin op pool table and every
time you broke the balls they'd all drift to one side of the table because the place was leaning toward the Little Kanawha, and he had one of those hockey puck bowling machines.......most importantly he didn't bother to check ID, which is the main reason I spent so much time there. The Pizza Shop had a baseball themed pin ball machine that was fantastic, with plastic figures that ran the bases when you managed to knock the ball into just the right slot. Kennywood Park in Pittsburgh has one just like it. Stewarts is gone, I think it eventually fell into the river. The place where the Pizza Shop was now serves some pretty good BBQ, smoked fresh every day from a giant sized smoker on a deck that they added to the side.......
it did fall in the river........remember Al's wife's name.......Floatie...she was hard core

I visited a message board, and an assisted living facility broke out!
.......say what you will....but just remember....I'm on medicare which means YOU are helping to pay for my healthcare....and I'm going to live to be 100 just to get as much out of you as I can....unless your tattoo business is illegal and doesn't pay taxes....suffer bitch[sick]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT