ADVERTISEMENT

Hey KC...and others with a feel for WVU basketball recruiting

torontoeers

All-American
Nov 20, 2010
Port Perry Ontario
Just curious whether or not you know if Huggy is recruiting up here that much or should be doing more of it?
When I start thinking about some of the athletes coming out of Canada (albeit usually already at prep schools stateside), I'd love to see WVU start taking a harder look...
Jamal Murray (Kentucky), and over the last few years Wiggins, Bennett, Ennis, Thompson and Joseph (Texas) Stauskas, not to mention likely a dozen more I'm forgetting. ...
I know WVU recruits womens soccer hard up here over the years...why not basketball...Morgantown is about 5-6 hrs from the Ontario hotbed and certainly closer than Texas, UNLV etc...I would think closer to home would be an advantage for WVU....just curious if you know of other circumstances that may/are coming into play im not seeing...

No Canadians on our radar. The closest we've come to that was a 2015 SG named Kamar McKnight.

We are recruiting a kid from Alaska though..........

I take that back. Myck Kabongo's kid brother, a 2018 guard at Huntington Prep, is on our radar.

He's a Toronto kid

I take that back. Myck Kabongo's kid brother, a 2018 guard at Huntington Prep, is on our radar.

He's a Toronto kid
Right!...Kabongo I remember hearing about from my brother in law, and that the trail on him was getting fairly hot...here's hoping they can sway him to Morgantown....would like him to steer clear of the Turkey's who apparently have an offer out to him...thx

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT