ADVERTISEMENT

Herd Hoops

Only in the mind of a Herdiot does someone not realize that only the better teams get chosen for the NCAA tournament. Understandable since they always think they have a good team but haven't made the Tourney since Reagan was president.

Tony, you haven't done anything in this thread other than lose credibility. I expected better from you.
Not true....ton of politics in that back room! Many teams end up in the NIT that thrash teams that end up in the dance.

Not true....ton of politics in that back room! Many teams end up in the NIT that thrash teams that end up in the dance.

Speaking of the NIT, Marshall hasn't won a game in that tournament since Lyndon Johnson was President, and has never won a game in the Big Dance.

Speaking of the NIT, Marshall hasn't won a game in that tournament since Lyndon Johnson was President, and has never won a game in the Big Dance.
That's true but doesn't change the fact that the NCAA selection committee is deeply flawed!

That's true but doesn't change the fact that the NCAA selection committee is deeply flawed!

How so ? The better teams are shoe-ins, and deservedly so. Those on the fringe would whine about not getting an invite and that wouldn't change even if the NCAA tournament expanded to 124 teams. #125 would whine that the system was flawed. Play a difficult schedule and win a few of those games and you're in. It's really that simple. Introduce D'Antoni and Hamric to that concept and maybe Marshall will get an invite before your grand kids are old and gray.

How so ? The better teams are shoe-ins, and deservedly so. Those on the fringe would whine about not getting an invite and that wouldn't change even if the NCAA tournament expanded to 124 teams. #125 would whine that the system was flawed. Play a difficult schedule and win a few of those games and you're in. It's really that simple. Introduce D'Antoni and Hamric to that concept and maybe Marshall will get an invite before your grand kids are old and gray.
I would agree that the teams that are actually capable of winning the banner are " shoe -ins" but the remaining 60 or so are just in because of a opinion in a back room. If you want to make the tournament 100% fair, just play two more rounds, take everybody with a pulse and make the draw a blind draw without the seeding shenanigans. If UK plays Duke in the first round , so be it! They got to beat them sooner or later anyway if they want the crown! Of course CBS and the Power conferences would never allow this

I would agree that the teams that are actually capable of winning the banner are " shoe -ins" but the remaining 60 or so are just in because of a opinion in a back room. If you want to make the tournament 100% fair, just play two more rounds, take everybody with a pulse and make the draw a blind draw without the seeding shenanigans. If UK plays Duke in the first round , so be it! They got to beat them sooner or later anyway if they want the crown! Of course CBS and the Power conferences would never allow this
Spoken like a fan of a team that has not been in the tourney in 30 years.

Only one trophy at the end of the day but everybody gets an equal chance to win it on a level playing field! Kind of sounds American!
No I think Motown has you peg. You want MVU to get their participation trophy. Nothing American about that. Win your tournament and your in. Pretty simple.

No, only one banner! We ain't got one , how many you boys got?

How many times has Marshall been in the championship game ? we have. How many Final Fours has Marshall appeared in ? How many Elite Eights ? How many Sweet Sixteens ? How many times has Marshall even made the Big Dance and what was their record once they got selected, and how long ago was their last appearance ? I think you and I can both answer those questions. Coins with dates on them from the last year Marshall even made the field are starting to gain some value just because they are old.............

How many times has Marshall been in the championship game ? we have. How many Final Fours has Marshall appeared in ? How many Elite Eights ? How many Sweet Sixteens ? How many times has Marshall even made the Big Dance and what was their record once they got selected, and how long ago was their last appearance ? I think you and I can both answer those questions. Coins with dates on them from the last year Marshall even made the field are starting to gain some value just because they are old.............
How many banners you boys got ...I'll ask again!

Schedule just released, and the Herd was saving an opening for WVU, in case they decided not to take another powder, but unfortunately, Huggs took the powder. Concord has taken your spot.

2017-18 Marshall Men’s Basketball Schedule

Oct. 29 – West Virginia Tech (Exhibition)
Nov. 5 – West Virginia Wesleyan (Exhibition)
Nov. 10 – UT-Martin
Nov. 13 – Southern
Nov. 16 – at Morehead State
Nov. 19 – at Illinois
Nov. 22 – N.C. Central
Nov. 26 - Concord
Nov. 29 – at William & Mary
Dec. 2 – Akron
Dec. 5 – Chattanooga
Dec. 9 – at Toledo
Dec. 16 – Ohio
Dec. 19 – at Xavier
Dec. 22 – Eastern Kentucky
Dec. 28 – Southern Miss
Dec. 30 – Louisiana Tech
Jan. 6 – WKU
Jan. 11 – at Charlotte
Jan. 13 – at Old Dominion
Jan. 18 – Middle Tennessee
Jan. 20 – UAB
Jan. at – WKU
Feb. 1 – at UTSA
Feb. 3 – at UTEP
Feb. 8 – FIU
Feb. 10 – Florida Atlantic
Feb. 15 – at Rice
Feb. 17 – at North Texas
Feb. 22 – Old Dominion
Feb. 24 – Charlotte
March 1 – at UAB
March 3 – at Middle Tennessee
March 7-10 – C-USA Tournament (Frisco, Texas)* - Conference USA opponentGame times with television designation will be announced at a later date.

This is

I all seriousness...this is a pretty woeful lineup.

Reactions: Stone_Cold
Hey, nothing but love for the Cavs but the last time I saw 'em they were 40 points behind! Hahahhahhahaha....but nothing but respect for Mr. Jefferson school!
haven't you herd?....jefferson was a racist rapist....you could be stoned for supporting that....sally hemmings matters!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT