ADVERTISEMENT

'He will be barred': Watergate prosecutor predicts reversal of Trump's Colorado win

moe

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fayetteville, WV
'He will be barred': Watergate prosecutor predicts reversal of Trump's Colorado win

"I don't think that's what our founders intended," Wine-Banks said. "The language of the 14th amendment says anyone, any officer, military, or civil, and the president is both a civil officer of the United States, and the military commander in chief, so he falls into both of those categories."

She continued:

"So the argument that he is not an officer, and that there is a difference between his oath and the oath that a senator takes, is a difference without distinction. The difference between protect and support doesn't make any sense to me. Of course, protect is even a higher burden. If the president has to protect the constitution, he also has to support it."
Wine-banks added that the judge's decision is "wrong on the law."

"Of course on the facts she is right, and she made a factual finding that he is insurrectionist. And that would bar him if he were an officer. And I believe that any higher court will find that it was the intent to bar such a person from holding the office of president. and that he will be barred."

"I don't think that's what our founders intended," Wine-Banks said. "The language of the 14th amendment says anyone, any officer, military, or civil, and the president is both a civil officer of the United States, and the military commander in chief, so he falls into both of those categories."

She continued:

"So the argument that he is not an officer, and that there is a difference between his oath and the oath that a senator takes, is a difference without distinction. The difference between protect and support doesn't make any sense to me. Of course, protect is even a higher burden. If the president has to protect the constitution, he also has to support it."
Wine-banks added that the judge's decision is "wrong on the law."

"Of course on the facts she is right, and she made a factual finding that he is insurrectionist. And that would bar him if he were an officer. And I believe that any higher court will find that it was the intent to bar such a person from holding the office of president. and that he will be barred."

Oh look. Moe cheering on more election interference.

If you were as desperate as @moe , what would you post?
giphy.gif

'Ya know it's funny @Gunny46 my man? All the Left has to do in order to beat Trump is run a better candidate! It's clearly not creepy Joe Biden...they already know that!

Hey...I resent that!
iu

OK creepy Joe, so all y'all have to do to get rid of Trump is pick someone else within your erudite ranks who's clearly better than your creepy old ass and can beat Trump running on a better agenda than "making America great again"! Simple see? Then y'all don't have to rely so much on all these crazy court trials, appeals, and legal hocus pocus you're trying just to keep him from running again! I mean give it up already!!!!!

Really Leftists, if you all are so confident of his eventual defeat, why are you going through all of this "Lawfare" BS to try and stop him instead of just doing it the old fashioned way and picking a better candidate with better policies to knock Trump out for good? 🤔

They're jumping through an awful lot of legal hoops trying to make sure we don't even get a chance to vote for Trump instead of just making sure they convince more of their own folks to vote for someone they think is better?

They must really be worried about Trump!

Oh trust me, they are.
iu

Obviously DJT...obviously 😏

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT