ADVERTISEMENT

Grilled Pizza on Flat Bread

JLW71073

All-Conference
Aug 7, 2003
I've grilled pizza several times in the past. We usually just buy pizza crust blanks and then build the pizza from there.

The other night we got a wild hair to grill pizza and didn't really have the ingredients so my wife went to the local Food Lion (which is not a great choice for ingredients). They had no pizza crust blanks so she ended up getting pita crust and we used that instead.

I have to say those turned out better than my full size pizza crust blanks. I was able to move them off the direct heat once the bottom of the crust got a little char and then finish the baking on the non-coal side. Total cook time for each pizza was 5 min or less.

The recipes this time (they change everytime):

Pepperoni and mozzerela
Standard jar red pizza sauce, shredded mozzerala and parmesean cheese,Bruched olive oil on the crust and then slathered the sauce on, sprinkeled parmesean and then the mozzeral cheese. Then the pepperoni and more mozzerla cheese
Frilled Chicken and Pesto Sauce:
Pesto sauce was from a jar I used chicken tenders from the freezer and mozzeral cheese.In a big mixing bowl I combined oilive oil, Italian seasoning, kosher salt, ground black pepper and some garlic & onion seasoning I have. Threw the chicken in and tossed until coated. Grilled the chicken until done and put it off to the side when done.The pizza: Brushed oilve oil on the crust, then spread the pesto sauce. Added mozzeral cheese, then diced up grilled chicken, more cheeses and cooked.

For last minute and cheap, it turned out incredible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT