ADVERTISEMENT

Good Dana Holgorsen quotes...

like & agree completely with Pitt comments.

bring back the game. stick it around Thanksgiving. no different than GT-UGA, Fla-Fla State.

From a business perspective, Pitt is reluctant because we recruit players in their backyard and they really don't recruit too much in WV. We have everything to gain from that perspective. With that said, Pitt also marks an "L" on the schedule when they play us (as of late), which also makes it easier for us to recruit in their area.

Regardless, I still want the Backyard Brawl every year in November . . . just like pressvirginia noted.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
From a business perspective, Pitt is reluctant because we recruit players in their backyard and they really don't recruit too much in WV. We have everything to gain from that perspective. With that said, Pitt also marks an "L" on the schedule when they play us (as of late), which also makes it easier for us to recruit in their area.

Regardless, I still want the Backyard Brawl every year in November . . . just like pressvirginia noted.

An automatic "L" on their schedule? WVU is 18-20 the last 3 years, and the one time Holgorsen played Pitt the team had to scramble at the last minute to win by 1 point, and that was with Dana's best team.

Sad to say, the automatic wins have all but disappeared since Rich left.

An automatic "L" on their schedule? WVU is 18-20 the last 3 years, and the one time Holgorsen played Pitt the team had to scramble at the last minute to win by 1 point, and that was with Dana's best team.

Sad to say, the automatic wins have all but disappeared since Rich left.
that was in the watered down BIG East and what did that SOB do.

Although we haven't played since 2011, we have won 7 of the last 10. As far as overall improvement as a squad, I think Dana recruits a different caliber with the Big 12 vs. Big East conference. This season will go a long way in determining Dana's success level at WVU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT