ADVERTISEMENT

***FARMAGEDDON KSU @ ISU game thread.***

chrisle

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
No indication yet that there will be any weather delays.

This post was edited on 10/13 11:16 AM by chrisle

Re: ***KSU @ ISU game thread.***

Good luck against ISU. I sure hope my Mountaineers and KSU win today.

3-0 KSU

Essentially if KSU gets plus yardage on every down, they're hard to stop. Only through penalties do they stop themselves it seems.

Our DL and LB will have to play hard and when we blitz watch out for Klein using his legs for long yardage.

Very strange sequence. KSU forces 3 and out, fumbles punt, intercepts ISU on the first play, goes 3 and out. Short punt into the wind gives ISU a short field. TD Cyclones. 14-10 ISU.

K-State with the quick strike drive. 17-14 KSU at half. Sloppy half by both teams on a sloppy field. Looks like it's done raining, so maybe a better 2nd half.

Our special team play today sure isn't up to our normal expectations of perfection.

That was a pretty impressive defensive stand by ISU, even with the officials helping us out. They're taking Hubert out of the game, and that sack on Klein shows what that's doing to our style.

Hopefully the defense can keep them to a field goal at the most here, and then we need to tighten things up and play K-State football in the fourth.

Paul Rhodes has them playing pretty solidly.

Yes we expected to see them challenge teams. I thoght they would be anywhere from 4-7 in the big 12 this year.

We Cats have been afraid of this ISU game all season, Vernon. Coach Rhoads is going to be fielding formidable teams. The Big XII is going to be nine weeks of hell, round robin style. You can't underestimate anyone, except maybe KU.

Vernon, ISU is always tough. They beat OSU and knocked them out of the championship game last year. They have two of the best LB's in the country and an experienced defense. The weather sucks today and they really want to beat K-State.

This post was edited on 10/13 2:24 PM by chrisle

Originally posted by CatBugler:
We Cats have been afraid of this ISU game all season, Vernon. Coach Rhoads is going to be fielding formidable teams. The Big XII is going to be nine weeks of hell, round robin style. You can't underestimate anyone, except maybe KU.
We're very familiar with Rhoads from his time at Pitt. I thought it would be a good hire and it appears that it was.

As for today's game they could be in trouble, this one might get away from them.

OK, that punt by Doerr was beautiful, the defensive stuff was beautiful, Hubert had some beautiful rushes on that drive, and of course COLLIN KLEIN in for the TD.

OK CATS, LET'S ROLL!!

ISU with a big drive helped by replacement officials calling a non existent pass interference. 24-21 KSU with 12:00 left in the 4th.

Good game Clones. I almost needed a couple of jolts from the home defibrillator on this one.

Klein is a good one for KSU. Glad he's gone after this year. He killed ISU on third downs today.

Originally posted by CatBugler:
Good game Clones. I almost needed a couple of jolts from the home defibrillator on this one.
ISU could have made this a little more fun with a better 4th quarter from our QB position. Weather was not a factor in the game thankfully. Klein is a great quarterback.

There were a bunch of sad silent Cyclone fans walking out of Jack Trice Stadium after this one. Four years in a row of close losses to KSU.....we thought this might be our year.

I think Klein is the only competition Geno will have for the Heisman this year.... Klein is unstoppable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT