ADVERTISEMENT

Drunk on vacation at home and sad Mountaineer fan

WVUBIG12

Sophomore
Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Guys I've been a Mountaineer fan since 1987, and I was born in 1978. I rarely post, but love Vernon and Keno's info. My dad has always loved WVU sports, and he is now 79 and sick, and steered my fandom early on. He LOVED the Major. I literally am obsessed with WVU sports as a result. Today as I enjoy my week long staycation in Oak Hill (born and raised Mount Hope Mustang), I am drunk on PBR's as I float around in my 18x9 pool in my backyard. I literally just listened to the "In the Gun Podcast" with Jed Dredging, Owen Schmidt, and the other dude, as I floated around, drunk on cold PBR,'s... They had Rich Rod on as their guest. I miss those days I'll be honest... I am so sad about basketball, we were so loaded, and I feel like it got ripped from me. Seriously, like we as Mountaineer fans aren't allowed to have nice things. I'm hoping (probably beyond rational hope) that we somehow pull in some nice portal talent, go on a good run and make me feel better... Honestly it feels like false hope. Then also today, I also get hit with the new big 12 football poll where we are picked as the 14th out of 14 teams, even below the new comers. I'll be honest, I'm so very proud of our football history and it literally pains me to see that. I like Neal I really do, but it just hasn't been good enough. I know the portal, covid,
V. Koenning ect. killed him...
Is it fair? I don't honestly know. I really don't. I don't. Then I think about Rich who honestly left us in the most D-Bag way possible, but I'm like if he had our current roster would I feel better? My personal inescapable answer is yes. His teams have toughness and grit that we currently lack. Then I feel bad, because I'm like F that bastard. At the end of the day I honestly don't know who should be the coach in football or basketball, I'm worried about the long term viability of the program given the current landscape. I honestly just don't know. That's my long winded way of saying I feel sad, hurt, uncertain, desperate, and totally just butt clinchingly unsure of our future, what our best course of action in either sport, or what's going to happen in the future. I both agree and disagree simultaneously with almost every take on this board. I just don't fnn know. Does anyone else feel like me, or can at least relate?Basically I feel like everything sux, and I miss the old days smh. I'm not even suggesting RR should ever be the coach again btw. However, as I'm drunk, listening to the podcast I just miss those days. Please forgive me for this drunken post. It's just what I'm feeling in the
moment. Shew these are troubling, problematic times... Constant paint... Let's all hope it gets better... I pray for better times soon. Now let me get back in the pool and hammer some more PBR's lol... Let's go...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News