ADVERTISEMENT

Come on home...

lol..you really are a lunatic, aren't you?..
Lol I'm just picking on you. I don't think you or anyone on this message board would do something like that.

But to the tread topic I've let go of my rich rod grudge a while back. I had it for years but it's gone now. If he could win here I'd welcome him back. I don't know enough to know if he would win here at a really high level now, but I would bet 1000 bucks that he would do better than what we have now, especially with this type of roster. He would he licking his chops at our schedule with so much running talent and a good OL. Sheeat.... 30+

Lol I'm just picking on you. I don't think you or anyone on this message board would do something like that.

But to the tread topic I've let go of my rich rod grudge a while back. I had it for years but it's gone now. If he could win here I'd welcome him back. I don't know enough to know if he would win here at a really high level now, but I would bet 1000 bucks that he would do better than what we have now, especially with this type of roster. He would he licking his chops at our schedule with so much running talent and a good OL. Sheeat.... 30+

2023 WVU PPG (vs FBS competition): 17.3
2023 JSU PPG (vs FBS competition): 18

RR is obviously a true offensive visionary who would turn this ship right around.

Playcalling is the weakest link and its not even close. Dana got ran out after winning 8, 8 and 10 in 3 of his last 4 seasons. Rich Rod got death threats on his life and his family's lives for losing to Pitt in one of the best overall seasons we've ever had. The same folks making death threats (WESTBGVA?) to other coaches however, love Neal and he can do no wrong. This is fun because its funny lol.
Dana did not get run out he left on his own accord. He left because he knew the next couple of years after the 2018 season were going to be rough. Dana's 8 wins were in year 8, Brown is still in year 5. He is not going to be let go if he goes 8-4. He probably will keep his job at 7-5 considering there is a 12 million dollar buyout.

Playcalling is the weakest link and its not even close. Dana got ran out after winning 8, 8 and 10 in 3 of his last 4 seasons. Rich Rod got death threats on his life and his family's lives for losing to Pitt in one of the best overall seasons we've ever had. The same folks making death threats (WESTBGVA?) to other coaches however, love Neal and he can do no wrong. This is fun because its funny lol.
Playcalling is not great but this wr group is not good either. They can't get any separation, they drop balls when it hits their hands. The qb's can't get the ball to them when they are wide open as well which happened on the throw to clement yesterday.

Dana did not get run out he left on his own accord. He left because he knew the next couple of years after the 2018 season were going to be rough. Dana's 8 wins were in year 8, Brown is still in year 5. He is not going to be let go if he goes 8-4. He probably will keep his job at 7-5 considering there is a 12 million dollar buyout.
I always thought it was mutual when holgs left. I was ready despite his pretty good record. I felt like he wasn't going to take us to the next level. Too lazy. But now, in hindsight I miss his teams. We are a figment. Browns buyout is the only reason he is here and I'm not a fan of that scenario for either side.

On RichRod and Pat White.

If Bednarik (sp) had not gotten hurt against UL, would we of ever seen Pat White play anything more than mop up duty as a backup QB?

I remember 5 years ago very well. The fan base including this board and other social media sites were starting to turn on Holgerson. Wasn't as feverish as it is currently with Brown but the same individuals were wishing the Dickhead would come back and many including myself were very much against it. That aspect hasn't changed much. But if Holgs wouldn't have left, I firmly believe the outrage would have been very bad and probably even worse than the current situation. Holgerson found a good exit and I'm sure he felt he couldn't get out of Morgantown fast enough.

I was ok when he left even though I hate instability. But I never found he was a great fit and I'm not sold on him as a coach. He did leave a very bare cupboard for Brown. I hope we beat Houston more than any other remaining game on the schedule.

Reactions: WESTBGVA
On RichRod and Pat White.

If Bednarik (sp) had not gotten hurt against UL, would we of ever seen Pat White play anything more than mop up duty as a backup QB?

According to some here it was all part of the plan even though he never won shit without White. Just like his inept offenses since he left are all part of a master plan to magically turn it back on when he comes back here one day.

According to some here it was all part of the plan even though he never won shit without White. Just like his inept offenses since he left are all part of a master plan to magically turn it back on when he comes back here one day.
So finishing in 2nd place in the old Big East behind Miami means he “never won shit” before Pat White. Stop the crying

So finishing in 2nd place in the old Big East behind Miami means he “never won shit” before Pat White. Stop the crying
You’re gonna be the old lady on Titanic one day telling people about the time Rich Rodriguez used to be a good coach at WVU… “it’s been 84 years”….

You’re gonna be the old lady on Titanic one day telling people about the time Rich Rodriguez used to be a good coach at WVU… “it’s been 84 years”….
Well I guess that’s progress. You can finally admit he was a good coach at WVU. Which was my only point I was attempting to make for you.

Well I guess that’s progress. You can finally admit he was a good coach at WVU. Which was my only point I was attempting to make for you.
I never said he wasn’t “good” when he was here. I am saying the success of those teams was largely inflated by the Big East losing its two best programs of that era and BC at that time wasn’t a layup either. RR’s success here was largely exposed as lightning in a bottle given his lack of success post-WVU. You keep making up other shit and arguing with yourself against it and claiming victory against yourself. It’s embarrassing, go take a lap.

There is no logical reason to believe he can replicate his success. It’s not 2007 anymore you poor fool.

I never said he wasn’t “good” when he was here. I am saying the success of those teams was largely inflated by the Big East losing its two best programs of that era and BC at that time wasn’t a layup either. RR’s success here was largely exposed as lightning in a bottle given his lack of success post-WVU. You keep making up other shit and arguing with yourself against it and claiming victory against yourself. It’s embarrassing, go take a lap.

There is no logical reason to believe he can replicate his success. It’s not 2007 anymore you poor fool.
Lmao! You’re all over the place shifting and deflecting and contradicting yourself. It’s quite amusing. Just come clean and say “Rich Rod hurt my feelings”. It’s therapy. You need it to move forward.

I was never someone who wanted to hire Rich Rod back but now I'm beginning to really warm to it. He was definitely the best coach WVU has ever had. He had a terrible football program Arizona ranked and winning 10 games before the little Scandal crap kicked in and they ran him off. Arizona is a shit hole for college football. Michigan didn't work out for him because he was a terrible fit. Honestly he would not have been a good fit at WVU unless he was a local. He cussed too much and yelled and was a very demanding high-energy coach. That went over well because he was one of us. It did not go over well in Michigan at all. In fact it was like oil and water. However they were still trajecting upward when he left. If he would have had them winning it would have taken longer for him to change them over to his style than it did wvu

It's time for buttercups to suck it up and welcome this man back to his home state and school. It's Rich Rods team. Let's do this.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Lmao! You’re all over the place shifting and deflecting and contradicting yourself. It’s quite amusing. Just come clean and say “Rich Rod hurt my feelings”. It’s therapy. You need it to move forward.
Quote me or stfu 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

I was never someone who wanted to hire Rich Rod back but now I'm beginning to really warm to it. He was definitely the best coach WVU has ever had. He had a terrible football program Arizona ranked and winning 10 games before the little Scandal crap kicked in and they ran him off. Arizona is a shit hole for college football. Michigan didn't work out for him because he was a terrible fit. Honestly he would not have been a good fit at WVU unless he was a local. He cussed too much and yelled and was a very demanding high-energy coach. That went over well because he was one of us. It did not go over well in Michigan at all. In fact it was like oil and water. However they were still trajecting upward when he left. If he would have had them winning it would have taken longer for him to change them over to his style than it did wvu

It's time for buttercups to suck it up and welcome this man back to his home state and school. It's Rich Rods team. Let's do this.
He’s by far better than anything we’ve had since he left. It’s not even debatable. I would’ve loved to have seen his transition into the big 12 with WVU. I think WVU would be light years ahead of where they are currently.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
I was never someone who wanted to hire Rich Rod back but now I'm beginning to really warm to it. He was definitely the best coach WVU has ever had. He had a terrible football program Arizona ranked and winning 10 games before the little Scandal crap kicked in and they ran him off.
Overall 43-35 (24-30) at Arizona.

Arizona is a shit hole for college football. Michigan didn't work out for him because he was a terrible fit. Honestly he would not have been a good fit at WVU unless he was a local. He cussed too much and yelled and was a very demanding high-energy coach. That went over well because he was one of us. It did not go over well in Michigan at all. In fact it was like oil and water. However they were still trajecting upward when he left. If he would have had them winning it would have taken longer for him to change them over to his style than it did wvu
No one actually has any idea what he is like now, I asked one fanboy if he even still runs the offense he did at WVU and he had no idea. He might as well be judged as a completely different coach this many years later.

There are endless retread candidates with more recent success than him that would be worth considering.

Quote what? You’re all over the place lol
Quote me saying that I thought RR was not a good coach here, or that I am butthurt about how he left, or any of the other shit you are trying to shove in my mouth, you’re arguing with yourself. Inflated legacy? Sure. Not a good coach, or bad coach? Definitely not, he had a good run here. It’s after that’s in question.

Last edited:
Quote me saying that I thought RR was not a good coach here, or that I am butthurt about how he left, or any of the other shit you are trying to shove in my mouth, you’re arguing with yourself.
You said he never won shit here without Pat White. That’s false. Lol. You’re a nut

You said he never won shit here without Pat White. That’s false. Lol. You’re a nut
He didn’t win shit without Pat White. Here or anywhere else. If Bednarik does not get hurt, he never has an opportunity to beat UGA and half his legacy goes down the shitter.

He didn’t win shit without Pat White. Here or anywhere else.
He finished 2nd in the old Big East behind Miami. He won 8-9 games in that old Big East. You just refuse to give Rod credit for being a great HC. The numbers show he was great at WVU with and without Pat White. Rasheed Marshall, Dan Mozes, PacMan Jones, Chris Henry, Mike Lorello, KJ Harris. All great players before Pat White. And you choose to shit on their accomplishments because you’re either delusional or butthurt. Which is it?

He finished 2nd in the old Big East behind Miami. He won 8-9 games in that old Big East. You just refuse to give Rod credit for being a great HC. The numbers show he was great at WVU with and without Pat White. Rasheed Marshall, Dan Mozes, PacMan Jones, Chris Henry, Mike Lorello, KJ Harris. All great players before Pat White. And you choose to shit on their accomplishments because you’re either delusional or butthurt. Which is it?
2nd isn’t winning. My whole point is if we were in a legit conference with an OU or UT that the legacy of the 05-07 teams would be shadowed compared to what they are now since they likely never would have had those BCS bowl showcases in any of the other power conferences.

2nd isn’t winning. My whole point is if we were in a legit conference with an OU or UT that the legacy of the 05-07 teams would be shadowed compared to what they are now since they likely never would have had those BCS bowl showcases in any of the other power conferences.
Nostradamus is back lol. His team beat Oklahoma. So why would Oklahoma and Texas in the Big12 guarantee that would change? Those squads won 2 BCS bowls. You like to act like Pat White made Rodriguez. You realize Rodriguez recruited him as a QB when everyone else wanted him as a CB. If not for Rodriguez, Pat likely would’ve played CB at LSU. See how that works both ways?

Nostradamus is back lol. His team beat Oklahoma. So why would Oklahoma and Texas in the Big12 guarantee that would change? Those squads won 2 BCS bowls. You like to act like Pat White made Rodriguez. You realize Rodriguez recruited him as a QB when everyone else wanted him as a CB. If not for Rodriguez, Pat likely would’ve played CB at LSU. See how that works both ways?
His team also lost to Pitt and went 1-2 against USF. He had a team that on its best day could beat anyone, and on its worst could lose to most. The conference they played in allowed them to represent the conference as the champ because no other team in the conference was able to punish them for losing 2 conference games in a 7 game conference schedule. You think 2007 OU was losing 2 conference games in the Big East… lol!

His team also lost to Pitt and went 1-2 against USF. He had a team that on its best day could beat anyone, and on its worst could lose to most. The conference they played in allowed them to represent the conference as the champ because no other team in the conference was able to punish them for losing 2 conference games in a 7 game conference schedule. You think 2007 OU was losing 2 conference games in the Big East… lol!
So using your logic…

Since WVU lost to South Florida and beat Oklahoma, there’s no way WVU could’ve won the Big 12 because Oklahoma and Texas were in that conference. And that same South Florida, despite a peak ranking of number 2 in the BCS poll that same season, was a bad loss. Maybe South Florida would’ve also beat Oklahoma. Do you, Mr Nostradamus, somehow know that’s an impossibility? You like to play a lot of what if’s and you already form the conclusion of these what if’s as if you know exactly how it would play out. All I know is the factual results. And again, those results show Rodriguez was an excellent HC at WVU before Pat White and during the Pat White era.

Last edited:
So using your logic…

Since WVU lost to South Florida and beat Oklahoma, there’s no way WVU could’ve won the Big 12 because Oklahoma and Texas were in that conference. And that same South Florida, despite a peak ranking of number 2 in the BCS poll that same season, was a bad loss. Maybe South Florida would’ve also beat Oklahoma? Do you, Mr Nostradamus, somehow know that’s an impossibility? You like to play a lot of what if’s and you already form the conclusion of these what if’s as if you know exactly how it would play out. All I know is the factual results. And again, those results show Rodriguez was an excellent HC at WVU before Pat White and during the Pat White era.
If we had a conference schedule that required us to beat OU twice, on top of beating several teams that were on par or better than 2007 USF and Pitt to win the conference, it is highly unlikely we would have delivered. I’m not speaking in absolutes, I’m speaking in what probably would have happened given the data we know which is that WVU lost to who they lost to, and OU had Sam Bradford, Demarco Murray, Gerald McCoy, and several other future NFL players.

What about watching WVU play Oklahoma for a decade makes you think Oklahoma wouldn’t have made quick work of USF, Rutgers, Cincy, Pitt, UL and all of the other programs we were in a conference with for that era? Maybe they stumble once, probably to us, but certainly not 2-3 times which is what it would take for us to win that hypothetical conference.

Last edited:
If we had a conference schedule that required us to beat OU twice, on top of beating several teams that were on par or better than 2007 USF and Pitt to win the conference, it is highly unlikely we would have delivered. I’m not speaking in absolutes, I’m speaking in what probably would have happened given the data we know which is that WVU lost to who they lost to, and OU had Sam Bradford, Demarco Murray, Gerald McCoy, and several other future NFL players.

What about watching WVU play Oklahoma for a decade makes you think Oklahoma wouldn’t have made quick work of USF, Rutgers, Cincy, Pitt, UL and all of the other programs we were in a conference with for that era? Maybe they stumble once, probably to us, but certainly not 2-3 times which is what it would take for us to win that hypothetical conference.
I think WVU would’ve entered Big 12 play in much better shape with Rodriguez than Dana Holgorsen. But that’s only my opinion. I may be wrong. I think we can all agree, the last 5 years is the worst WVU programs in nearly 40 plus years. My argument with you really isn’t even if we should bring Rod back. I think we should, but I have no problem with anyone who doesn’t want him back. He was a dick and he did leave us high and dry. I get that. Personally, I want Bo Pellini. That guy can win and fits Mountaineer football. Just my opinion though

I think WVU would’ve entered Big 12 play in much better shape with Rodriguez than Dana Holgorsen.
We came into the Big XII fresh off a 70-33 Orange Bowl win with Geno, Tavon, and Bailey returning. What situation could have realistically been better?

But that’s only my opinion. I may be wrong. I think we can all agree, the last 5 years is the worst WVU programs in nearly 40 plus years.
Yes I agree, but this factor doesn’t mean we have to try to turn back the clock to 2007. Pelini is another relic from a different era. Need a current coach.

You don't know jackshit little pussyboy.

I think WVU would’ve entered Big 12 play in much better shape with Rodriguez than Dana Holgorsen. But that’s only my opinion. I may be wrong. I think we can all agree, the last 5 years is the worst WVU programs in nearly 40 plus years. My argument with you really isn’t even if we should bring Rod back. I think we should, but I have no problem with anyone who doesn’t want him back. He was a dick and he did leave us high and dry. I get that. Personally, I want Bo Pellini. That guy can win and fits Mountaineer football. Just my opinion though
Wvu would have definitely entered the Big 12 in better shape had Rich stayed. At the end of the Rich era, we were starting to chase some big-time recruits. We were in the running for Tyerell Pryor. Who knows how that would have turned out had Rich stayed. We would have gone to at least 2-3 more big time bowls before entering the Big 12. That would have increased our talent level. Rich didn't handle things right on the way out the door but I blame Pastilong more than him. Pastilong was a small-time piker who ran the athletic department like a five and dime store.

Last edited:
Wvu would have definitely entered the Big 12 in better shape had Rich stayed. At the end of the Rich era, we were starting to chase some big-time recruits. We were in the running for Tyerell Pryor.
So naturally Pryor followed him to Michigan right?… Right?!

Who knows how that would have turned out had Rich stayed. We would have gone to at least 2-3 more big time bowls before entering the Big 12. That would have increased our talent level. Rich didn't handle things right on the way out the door but I blame Pastilong more than him. Pastilong was a small-time piker who ran the athletic department like a five and dime store.
We probably would have went to another one in Pat’s senior season, and then the offense would have been turned over to Jarrett Brown and the up and down games that came with him. Brian Kelly would have still come along and taken Rich’s lunch.

So naturally Pryor followed him to Michigan right?… Right?!

We probably would have went to another one in Pat’s senior season, and then the offense would have been turned over to Jarrett Brown and the up and down games that came with him. Brian Kelly would have still come along and taken Rich’s lunch.
Nostradamus is back lol. It’s amazing how much certainty you give in these hypothetical scenarios.

Nostradamus is back lol. It’s amazing how much certainty you give in these hypothetical scenarios.

Ah the child who can’t comprehend sentences again. Again dummy I am not speaking in absolutes, anything could have gone differently, but Terrell Pryor who never committed to play for Rich Rodriguez here or anywhere else, and in fact committed to his rival, would not have been part of that hypothetical future. That much is certain. But somehow we are supposed to give credit to Rich for “being in” on Terrell Pryor and use that to support the argument of continuing his success post Pat White?

Let’s recap RR’s accomplishments without Pat White:

“Was in” on Terrell Pryor (Pryor unfortunately “was out” on RR)

2nd place in an 8 team league a few times

Went 10-4 at Arizona once

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT