Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009

CFP:​

1. Michigan​

2. Washington​

3. Texas​

4. Alabama​

FSU is the first unbeaten Power 5 conference winner to ever miss out on the College Football Playoff.

"It's unfathomable that Florida State, an undefeated Power Five conference champion, was left out of the College Football Playoff," Phillips said in a statement Sunday. "Their exclusion calls into question the selection process and whether the Committee's own guidelines were followed, including the significant importance of being an undefeated Power Five conference champion. My heart breaks for the talented FSU student-athletes and coaches and their passionate and loyal fans. Florida State deserved better. College football deserved better."

Texas gets a lot of praise for beating the crap out of a team with the 120th ranked defense.

There is a first for most things in life so F precedent argument in favor of FSU. Very tough call for 6 teams for 4 spots. In my mind watching and following all season, Alabama deserves in. UGA should be first team out of the 6 and they were. Texas and FSU both have a good argument to be selected. I dislike both fan bases on a personal level so I couldn't care less which one ends up whining about how unfair their team didn't get selected.

In all honesty, this is probably the best and most powerful football playoff in many years. It’s a shame FSU is left out, but what about Georgia? The overall number 1 going into yesterday and left out after losing to Alabama. This is a year that no matter who you pick, you have to leave out 2 deserving teams.

In all honesty, this is probably the best and most powerful football playoff in many years. It’s a shame FSU is left out, but what about Georgia? The overall number 1 going into yesterday and left out after losing to Alabama. This is a year that no matter who you pick, you have to leave out 2 deserving teams.
I think Georgia is one of the best 4 for sure. They were in a horrible situation. Who gets that last spot and of course it was Alabama.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Taking care of the SEC members (Texas, Alabama). Hopefully this shows the rest of college sports, including the ACC, that the NCAA and its "committees" only care about the SEC.

Texas beat Alabama.....but lost to OU......won the conference championship by beating a team that got smoked by South Alabama this year.
Alabama lost to Texas.....but beat Georgia
Florida State lost to NOBODY........and won their conference championship against a top 15 team with 10 wins.

FSU was hosed big time.

They were screwed worse than UCF. Despite being the only undefeated team in FBS in 2018, UCF did not receive a spot in the College Football Playoff. TCU and Baylor both 11-1 left out of 2014 playoffs. Supposedly because they had no conference championship game.

FSU only P5 unbeaten team to ever be left out of playoffs. More than likely booted because of a QB injury.

FSU was hosed big time.

They were screwed worse than UCF. Despite being the only undefeated team in FBS in 2018, UCF did not receive a spot in the College Football Playoff. TCU and Baylor both 11-1 left out of 2014 playoffs. Supposedly because they had no conference championship game.

FSU only P5 unbeaten team to ever be left out of playoffs. More than likely booted because of a QB injury.
Might hurt recruiting a bit in the ACC. Win em all and don’t get picked. But with 12 teams next year it might not make a difference.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Might hurt recruiting a bit in the ACC. Win em all and don’t get picked. But with 12 teams next year it might not make a difference.
With the increase to 12 it's the reason SEC and Big 10 went after the teams they did. More than likely both will have 3 to 4 teams in the 12 team playoff.

What a 12 team playoff would look like this year...
1. Michigan
2. Washington
4. Texas
4. Alabama

The 5-12
FSU
Georgia
Ohio State
Oregon
Missouri
Penn State
Ole Miss
Tulane

Reactions: locustwv
I doubt Georgia would have dropped from #1 to #6 had this been any other week. They probably got dissed because the networks wanted a new champion. Alabama had a good year, but fact is they failed to protect home field I don't care if it was early in the season or not. Texas goes from seven to three for beating Oklahoma State? An Oklahoma state team that finished with the worst defense in the Big 12 and 120th overall. Feel sorry for FSU they may have been down to their 3rd string QB but like Washington and Michigan they met all their obligations. Every team that made the playoff will be a member of the Big or Sec next season what a coincidence.

Liberty vs Oregon. How do you get excited about that if you’re Oregon? Nothing against Liberty.
Oregon has nothing to prove in this game. If they win, they are supposed to. If they lose, they are "overrated". Bad bowl game for them. And it's likely that Bo Nix and a few others will "opt out" of this game too.

Georgia should have been in over UT. Not sure what the committee was thinking.
They will use the "well Texas is the conference champion".......and then follow up when asked why that didn't factor in for FSU with a "well their QB is hurt"........ :joy:

Tis the season. SOS, flat out wins, money, fans, matchups and who sits out. Every year it seems more stupid. All I want for Christmas is for them to fix the 4 team playoff system and also find a way to make bowl games meaningful enough for kids to want to play in them again.

Tis the season. SOS, flat out wins, money, fans, matchups and who sits out. Every year it seems more stupid. All I want for Christmas is for them to fix the 4 team playoff system and also find a way to make bowl games meaningful enough for kids to want to play in them again.
The answer to fix it is to return to the way it used to be. Since that is not an option, collegiate sports are ruined. It all began when an incompetent SCOTUS ruled in the early 1980’s to allow schools to negotiate their own media and bowls. It’s all been downhill since. The end game is the NCAA finally separates itself from the schools and their tax exempt status is removed. At that point the players become employees of the schools.

The answer to fix it is to return to the way it used to be. Since that is not an option, collegiate sports are ruined. It all began when an incompetent SCOTUS ruled in the early 1980’s to allow schools to negotiate their own media and bowls. It’s all been downhill since. The end game is the NCAA finally separates itself from the schools and their tax exempt status is removed. At that point the players become employees of the schools.
BCS wasn't perfect but it's better than committee selection.

The separation will be coming. The question is who will it be. I can't see it just being a conference or conferences that go. More than likely the high dollar big brand names will leave the conference behind and separate period..

There was more controversy with BCS than there has been with the CFP. And the controversy will not end when it expands to 12 teams. Some team will get "screwed" every year as fans and Americans do one thing very well. Bitch and complain about how the system is out to get them and favors others over their agenda.

If I am FSU and Clemson I am calling the Big 12 and asking what can we do to get in. Help us get in and I would leave the ACC forever. The ACC is no longer relavant. Now if those two called the BIG that would happen in a hurry

There was more controversy with BCS than there has been with the CFP. And the controversy will not end when it expands to 12 teams. Some team will get "screwed" every year as fans and Americans do one thing very well. Bitch and complain about how the system is out to get them and favors others over their agenda.
The controversy was the SEC teams whining about not playing every year for the title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT