ADVERTISEMENT

Can I get your thoughts on this please...

Vernon

The Legend
Staff
May 29, 2001
Beyond The Sun
wvsports.com
I've been thinking about this a lot recently and I saw a similar effort to what I want to do and I thought it was best to get some feedback before pushing forward. Basically, the plan is to create a fund that would allow us to offer free subscriptions to WVU fans that are struggling financially and to do the same for our first responders and military members. Pride has often kept many from asking for help when they can't subscribe to the site or renew their subscription and I've always tried to help as much as I can but I feel like it would mean a lot to them if they knew other fans were looking out for them as well.

What I'm suggesting is setting up a donation page that would allow any of you to contribute (anonymously if you choose) and provide access for those folks. It's been my experience that many times a little help during their difficult times is what they need the most. They get to enjoy the site and crazy banter here and then when things are looking up for them they can often take over their payment for the site. And yes I'm aware that we may have people that are capable of paying and will use this as a free ticket to the site but in my eyes, it's worth it if we can help many others that truly do need it.

You can see an example of what the donation page would look like at the link below and I would place that link in our content, on the forums as well as on our social media pages. Let me know your thoughts.

Link: https://www.paypal.com/donate?campaign_id=D2XHT33D8K8ZJ

PayItForwardButton.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News