ADVERTISEMENT

Board has gone to shit

Take your medicine. First you said they didn't release them, so I showed you a page of what they released, then you went into a rant about a smoking gun, which was not the point. Now a rant that they won't release the full single message. I don't see that they asked why, nor care. That's a NARRATIVE that they want to spin.

Every President has supporters and detractors. Trump has a lot of negatives. I support him because he was elected President.....just like I defended President Obama on the very board when I felt the attacks went overboard.

You continue to try and sell everyone that horseshit.....and I'm going to keep stomping on your head until you finally give it up.

Take your medicine. First you said they didn't release them, so I showed you a page of what they released, then you went into a rant about a smoking gun, which was not the point. Now a rant that they won't release the full single message. I don't see that they asked why, nor care. That's a NARRATIVE that they want to spin.

I said they haven’t released them and I provided a news link showing they haven’t released them. You post some jibberish about someone talking about their work ethic. LOL!

WTF is wrong with you? Do you have a learning disability? A reading comprehension problem?

I said they haven’t released them and I provided a news link showing they haven’t released them. You post some jibberish about someone talking about their work ethic. LOL!

WTF is wrong with you? Do you have a learning disability? A reading comprehension problem?
What you meant to say they haven’t released is the memo and all supporting documentation. You were wrong and he proved you as such. Jeez

They released all of the texts except the ones about wedding plans and yoga.

Question for you after I just looked up where you were coaching now. Do you think the lawsuit will impact you going forward? Your results seemingly speak for themselves with the QBs you’ve coached and should overshadow that incident IMO. I’ve heard the coaching fraternity is pretty tight and when coaches go outside the family so to speak with issues that it’s viewed negatively for future opportunities.

I recall reading about that lunatic after everything came out and was just curious if your association with him and lawsuit will follow you? Congrats on your success thus far.

Thanks. I don't expect to be at the school that I am more than a couple of more weeks. Having a coordinator title for a season would be nice, but I think it's important to be at a P5 in any position since the inevitable split is coming in a handful of years. I am enthralled with this place; It is an awesome city in an awesome location, a huge student enrollment, great facilities for its level, and can win big if the right guy is here . . . but I don't think it will happen with what is in place here now.

Other than the season I sat out and was offered the FIU special teams coordinator position, I don't think the lawsuit has impacted me. I've been to two schools since then; the first head coach asked me about it during our "feeling out" stage a week before the interview. The second head coach never brought it up. Eventually, after being on a staff long enough where the other coaches feel comfortable with me, somebody will ask about it. I also have references from some decent names in the industry, and those guys go to bat for my character. If a head coach has an issue with what I did - which few people really know fully what I did - then it isn't a coach I want to work with.

I knew there could be potential backlash from it. I'd still do it all over again, none of which is related to the money. It wasn't about me. I knew I would get mine one way or the other. It was about making sure that shit didn't continue for any other coaches and players. And it worked. He was canned after just two seasons at his next head coaching spot. That's almost unheard of at any level but especially at an HBCU where he had a five-year deal averaging about $280,000/year. The university president was fired after just two years. Their AD was canned quickly. The state governor who was one of ten on the university's board that approved the hire had to resign from office. Two other members of the university board have been fired. Another was outed to his wife. They were all responsible for his hire, and every single one of them was told of his indiscretions, told what would happen to their jobs, and none of them cared. There are still two more that I would like to see go down, but it may be a little trickier (not impossible) based on the settlement that I signed.

I ran into that head coach in Charlotte twice a couple of weeks ago, and it was entertaining to say the least. The guy still thinks his bullshit works on people. It's disturbing.

There are two things that have drastically hurt my advancement. The first is that I was never able to be a graduate assistant. A year before I decided to get into coaching, the NCAA passed a rule that prohibited anyone from being a GA if it had been at least seven years since they had earned their college degree. The rule was made because big schools were hiring "graduate assistants" who had 20 years of FBS coaching experience, paying them a GA stipend, and then giving them a nice going away check as they moved onto their next full-time FBS gig. The schools were trading a real GA for guys with 20 years of experience. So the NCAA cracked down on this. But it fvcked guys like me; those of us who had a gap between playing/graduating and getting into coaching. The strange thing is that when the NCAA created the rule, the working group (the name the NCAA uses for employees used to create certain rules) had notes that would allow people in my situation or guys who went on to the play in the NFL to still be GAs. I was able to get a copy of those working notes in which those who created the rule expressly said that people in my situation would not be impacted by the rule. However, it didn't work out like that. When trying to get into coaching, Bob Pruett went to bat for me. He initially spent weeks trying to talk me out of it. He kept saying that it was grueling hours, I would make little money to start, I was making a boatload of money so don't change that, it would be hard on a family, etc. Eventually, he gave in and said he would do what he could to help me. He was able to get me a GA opportunity at an ACC school. But the day after I was hired, they had to stop the hire because of the new rule (which the staff wasn't aware of).

If you're a GA at a P5 school, not only do you develop relationships with other top coaches who are likely to move onto better jobs, but you also have a resume good enough to get hired to a G5 school or an FCS school. So not being able to be a GA killed those opportunities for me. I either had to coach for free (basically volunteer at a G5 school, which is still tough to get in) or start out at the D3 or JUCO level.

One FBS school actually went to bat for me and petitioned the NCAA to allow me to be hired as a GA. The petition was denied. The school then filed an appeal, but the NCAA also shot that one down. A big part of me would love to sue the shit out of the NCAA. A halfwit attorney could make an argument of age discrimination based on the rule. I am positive it severely hurt my growth (not necessarily in my ability as coach, but in the relationships and resume it yields). It's a rule with good intentions that needs to be drastically changed.

At my first coach's convention, I discussed it with the head of the football coaches association (AFCA). He gave me his direct contact information, told me to contact him, and said he would lobby to get the rule fixed. Two weeks later, I emailed him without a response. I attempted weeks later, and he basically said he wasn't interested in pursuing it. The guy retired the next year and a new president is in charge, but I still hold a strong grudge against the AFCA because of it. I go to the convention every year, but I am yet to pay their membership fee or allow the school I am employed at from paying for the convention for me . . . just a principle thing for me.

The second thing that severely hurts me is not being married/no children. On every single staff I have been on, coaches who have done a bad job have maintained their positions and not been fired because they have a wife/children. Wives on staffs grow close. Their children play with each other. Head coaches don't want to fire coaches who have a wife and school-aged children. Some times, these coaches will get demoted to an inferior position or have their responsibilities delegated elsewhere, but having a wife/children is somewhat of a delayed barrier to being fired when a coach should be.

It also impacts the view of me. Within the first couple of weeks on a new staff, coaches see the vehicles I drive, my clothes, see me taking the young coaches (GAs/interns/etc.) out to eat/drink/an occasional strip club, find out about my background, etc. They see an intelligent guy who isn't hideous looking, doesn't have a record, has been lucky in life, yet hasn't been married, see whom I have dated on my Facebook/Instagram, notice that I don't take part in team prayers/"fellowship" with some of the other coaches, and they immediately believe that being single banging different slvts every week is what I want. The married guys love that and the stories it sometimes provides, but head coaches aren't extremely comfortable with it . . . even though it is a bit of an unfair and unearned reputation. In 2014, I was referred to Mark Richt to be a guy he should hire for a position he had to fill. He directly stated that he wouldn't hire me until I get married.

I also think that many coaches know I don't have to work. On most staffs, almost every coach is scared for their job. It's a very accurate reality. Guys are afraid to speak up, afraid to do the right thing if they think the head coach won't like it, afraid to go outside of the box, afraid to go to bat for something/somebody if it may have a chance to hurt them. I don't have to be afraid. I don't have a family to support. I don't need the money. Coaches pick up on this and realize that I am not easily controlled or scared for my job. I am the polar opposite of a loose canon, but I have no reason to kiss somebody's ass. That's not always a good thing in the eyes of certain people. And when I am a head coach, I don't want "yes men." If they think something can be done better or should be done a different way, I want them to express that. Just like I understand somebody else has the final word now, they need to understand the same, but I want them to feel comfortable enough to voice their opinion and even tell me that they disagree with me. That isn't the case on most staffs I have seen.

You should have asked for the Reader's Digest version.

Reactions: WV-FAN
You continue to try and sell everyone that horseshit.....and I'm going to keep stomping on your head until you finally give it up.
Sorry you are so out of touch.......Aren't you the guy that supposedly was born and raised in western PA and never heard of Redstone Candy......? I suggest you stick to giving us auto info when we want it.

Thanks. I don't expect to be at the school that I am more than a couple of more weeks. Having a coordinator title for a season would be nice, but I think it's important to be at a P5 in any position since the inevitable split is coming in a handful of years. I am enthralled with this place; It is an awesome city in an awesome location, a huge student enrollment, great facilities for its level, and can win big if the right guy is here . . . but I don't think it will happen with what is in place here now.

Other than the season I sat out and was offered the FIU special teams coordinator position, I don't think the lawsuit has impacted me. I've been to two schools since then; the first head coach asked me about it during our "feeling out" stage a week before the interview. The second head coach never brought it up. Eventually, after being on a staff long enough where the other coaches feel comfortable with me, somebody will ask about it. I also have references from some decent names in the industry, and those guys go to bat for my character. If a head coach has an issue with what I did - which few people really know fully what I did - then it isn't a coach I want to work with.

I knew there could be potential backlash from it. I'd still do it all over again, none of which is related to the money. It wasn't about me. I knew I would get mine one way or the other. It was about making sure that shit didn't continue for any other coaches and players. And it worked. He was canned after just two seasons at his next head coaching spot. That's almost unheard of at any level but especially at an HBCU where he had a five-year deal averaging about $280,000/year. The university president was fired after just two years. Their AD was canned quickly. The state governor who was one of ten on the university's board that approved the hire had to resign from office. Two other members of the university board have been fired. Another was outed to his wife. They were all responsible for his hire, and every single one of them was told of his indiscretions, told what would happen to their jobs, and none of them cared. There are still two more that I would like to see go down, but it may be a little trickier (not impossible) based on the settlement that I signed.

I ran into that head coach in Charlotte twice a couple of weeks ago, and it was entertaining to say the least. The guy still thinks his bullshit works on people. It's disturbing.

There are two things that have drastically hurt my advancement. The first is that I was never able to be a graduate assistant. A year before I decided to get into coaching, the NCAA passed a rule that prohibited anyone from being a GA if it had been at least seven years since they had earned their college degree. The rule was made because big schools were hiring "graduate assistants" who had 20 years of FBS coaching experience, paying them a GA stipend, and then giving them a nice going away check as they moved onto their next full-time FBS gig. The schools were trading a real GA for guys with 20 years of experience. So the NCAA cracked down on this. But it fvcked guys like me; those of us who had a gap between playing/graduating and getting into coaching. The strange thing is that when the NCAA created the rule, the working group (the name the NCAA uses for employees used to create certain rules) had notes that would allow people in my situation or guys who went on to the play in the NFL to still be GAs. I was able to get a copy of those working notes in which those who created the rule expressly said that people in my situation would not be impacted by the rule. However, it didn't work out like that. When trying to get into coaching, Bob Pruett went to bat for me. He initially spent weeks trying to talk me out of it. He kept saying that it was grueling hours, I would make little money to start, I was making a boatload of money so don't change that, it would be hard on a family, etc. Eventually, he gave in and said he would do what he could to help me. He was able to get me a GA opportunity at an ACC school. But the day after I was hired, they had to stop the hire because of the new rule (which the staff wasn't aware of).

If you're a GA at a P5 school, not only do you develop relationships with other top coaches who are likely to move onto better jobs, but you also have a resume good enough to get hired to a G5 school or an FCS school. So not being able to be a GA killed those opportunities for me. I either had to coach for free (basically volunteer at a G5 school, which is still tough to get in) or start out at the D3 or JUCO level.

One FBS school actually went to bat for me and petitioned the NCAA to allow me to be hired as a GA. The petition was denied. The school then filed an appeal, but the NCAA also shot that one down. A big part of me would love to sue the shit out of the NCAA. A halfwit attorney could make an argument of age discrimination based on the rule. I am positive it severely hurt my growth (not necessarily in my ability as coach, but in the relationships and resume it yields). It's a rule with good intentions that needs to be drastically changed.

At my first coach's convention, I discussed it with the head of the football coaches association (AFCA). He gave me his direct contact information, told me to contact him, and said he would lobby to get the rule fixed. Two weeks later, I emailed him without a response. I attempted weeks later, and he basically said he wasn't interested in pursuing it. The guy retired the next year and a new president is in charge, but I still hold a strong grudge against the AFCA because of it. I go to the convention every year, but I am yet to pay their membership fee or allow the school I am employed at from paying for the convention for me . . . just a principle thing for me.

The second thing that severely hurts me is not being married/no children. On every single staff I have been on, coaches who have done a bad job have maintained their positions and not been fired because they have a wife/children. Wives on staffs grow close. Their children play with each other. Head coaches don't want to fire coaches who have a wife and school-aged children. Some times, these coaches will get demoted to an inferior position or have their responsibilities delegated elsewhere, but having a wife/children is somewhat of a delayed barrier to being fired when a coach should be.

It also impacts the view of me. Within the first couple of weeks on a new staff, coaches see the vehicles I drive, my clothes, see me taking the young coaches (GAs/interns/etc.) out to eat/drink/an occasional strip club, find out about my background, etc. They see an intelligent guy who isn't hideous looking, doesn't have a record, has been lucky in life, yet hasn't been married, see whom I have dated on my Facebook/Instagram, notice that I don't take part in team prayers/"fellowship" with some of the other coaches, and they immediately believe that being single banging different slvts every week is what I want. The married guys love that and the stories it sometimes provides, but head coaches aren't extremely comfortable with it . . . even though it is a bit of an unfair and unearned reputation. In 2014, I was referred to Mark Richt to be a guy he should hire for a position he had to fill. He directly stated that he wouldn't hire me until I get married.

I also think that many coaches know I don't have to work. On most staffs, almost every coach is scared for their job. It's a very accurate reality. Guys are afraid to speak up, afraid to do the right thing if they think the head coach won't like it, afraid to go outside of the box, afraid to go to bat for something/somebody if it may have a chance to hurt them. I don't have to be afraid. I don't have a family to support. I don't need the money. Coaches pick up on this and realize that I am not easily controlled or scared for my job. I am the polar opposite of a loose canon, but I have no reason to kiss somebody's ass. That's not always a good thing in the eyes of certain people. And when I am a head coach, I don't want "yes men." If they think something can be done better or should be done a different way, I want them to express that. Just like I understand somebody else has the final word now, they need to understand the same, but I want them to feel comfortable enough to voice their opinion and even tell me that they disagree with me. That isn't the case on most staffs I have seen.

You should have asked for the Reader's Digest version.

Shew

tarheel and his delusions now at 82 level, Brushy’s intelligence level equal to a chimp playing with his own poop, right wingers now swallowing trump’s propaganda cum at an all-time high, no intelligent discussions, generic name calling....fuktard, libtard, you’re an idiot, posters now believe the deep state is in full effect, now believe the FBI is corrupt - that is beyond insane.

Here is wake up call, right wingers - you have now been brain washed to believe the MSM is corrupt and now you believe the FBI and DOJ are corrupt. Read some Nazi history.

You need to apologize to Brushy you moron.

tarheel and his delusions now at 82 level, Brushy’s intelligence level equal to a chimp playing with his own poop, right wingers now swallowing trump’s propaganda cum at an all-time high, no intelligent discussions, generic name calling....fuktard, libtard, you’re an idiot, posters now believe the deep state is in full effect, now believe the FBI is corrupt - that is beyond insane.

Here is wake up call, right wingers - you have now been brain washed to believe the MSM is corrupt and now you believe the FBI and DOJ are corrupt. Read some Nazi history.

Maybe you should leave dumbass. Board would improve 50%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT