ADVERTISEMENT

Big10 bent Nebraska over and spanked them....

It is what is going on...

USC is asking to control their third tier rights..

Because whatever happens according to you isn't perfect for WV..
This is why I speak about practical thinking.

Because the world will never be perfect for WV with where they are now.
So best thing for them is to see what is needed for that to happen.

More money for their football program
Able to create a Top 15 team every year in the Big 12 in both football and basketball

Does USC help that
That is the only question. Does USC help WVU.

I think they do.

Foolish to think that Both Oklahoma and Texas cares what a West Virginia msg board thinks of lobbing for USC.

Foolish to think that Both Oklahoma and Texas cares what a West Virginia msg board thinks of lobbing for USC.

No one is lobbying for anything...

Like I said in the beginning they are the #1 target.

The president of WVU Gordon Gee is one of the ones pushing it.

It is what is going on...

USC is asking to control their third tier rights..

Because whatever happens according to you isn't perfect for WV..
This is why I speak about practical thinking.

Because the world will never be perfect for WV with where they are now.
So best thing for them is to see what is needed for that to happen.

More money for their football program
Able to create a Top 15 team every year in the Big 12 in both football and basketball

Does USC help that
That is the only question. Does USC help WVU.

I think they do.

Every School controls (or wishes to control) their 3rd tier rights. Using or playing bogus b12 rumors only substantiates
this false narrative,
as assisted here, if true.

keep on thumping. Maybe this board will assist in bringing Terry bowden to WVU. Also.

Every School controls wishes to control their 3rd tier rights. Using or playing bogus b12 rumors only substantiates this false narrative, as assisted here, if true.

Untrue

Not every schools has valuable third tier rights

B1G and SEC have bundled them together to help every school in their conference

Every other conference can't.
ACC eventually will have the same issue that the PAC 12 has.
PAC 12 tried to bundle them together. It isn't working

Big 12 knows this. Reason why Texas is the only school who actually has created a conference where they can profit off theirs.

Untrue

Not every schools has valuable third tier rights

B1G and SEC have bundled them together to help every school in their conference

Every other conference can't.
ACC eventually will have the same issue that the PAC 12 has.
PAC 12 tried to bundle them together. It isn't working

Big 12 knows this. Reason why Texas is the only school who actually has created a conference where they can profit off theirs.

West Virginia 3rd tier is with IMG.

foolish to think Oklahoma or Texas cares about West Virginia opinions on USC.

You do know WVU president is the one who was placed in charge of bringing the Big 12 and Pac 12 together.

Gordon Gee has a lot of connections on the West Coast as well

You do know WVU president is the one who was placed in charge of bringing the Big 12 and Pac 12 together.

Gordon Gee has a lot of connections on the West Coast as well

Pipe Dream...

Gordon Gee was fired by Ohio State, so I'm not sure dreaming a Gee reference has credibility to your argument

Wishing to conference with a School
2000 miles away is gullible, at best

It's hard enough to commute to Texas.

on the Hell Freezing Over Metrics,
this Metrics has not changed the more you type.

Pac12 has been very good to USC, especially during the Reggie Bush probation years.

Bad troll.

Good troll accepts reality.

What you should promote is that the PAC 12 will give in to USC.

Because this is all about third tier rights. .

I guess we are in the "insulting phase"
of this discussion.

Back to point at hand...

Meaning -- doing weekly business with a School who is 5 hours away, by air and 2000 miles away is bad business.
(That's 2000 miles. One way 4000 miles total).

Keep thumping, but even Marines know where Morgantown is relative to Los Angeles.

This ain't Camp Pendleton commute.

Last edited:
USC is using Big 12 as leverage and nothing more. If they do join along with 3 others WVU would not have to see them but every 3 to 4 years like the SEC does with it's East and West. Or any other 14 member conference.

IMO USC is not coming. The PAC will not make more money unless Big 12 implodes.

Reactions: mofo
Big XII allows schools to sell Tier 3 rights.
B1G does not.

also I’d say travel expense favors Big XII over B1G especially with non revenue sports.

I doubt the Nebraska AD is profiting by any substantial difference in one conference vs another. Nebraska only went to the B1G because of Texas special treatment in the Big XII (Longhorn Network) and their flirtation with the PAC along with A&M going SEC. If they would tell the truth they’d probably say we should have stayed linked with the Old Big 8 schools especially Oklahoma.

As for how Nebraska was threatened/treated by the B1G Conference/Commissioner and the subsequent slamming by media (ESPN personalities) of Nebraska—Really????

Ryan Day of Ohio State said on Wednesday after the B1G announcement that Ohio State was exploring options. That is essentially the same as Frost. Why no criticism there?

as for the threats by the B1G commissioner of expulsion if they played in 2020? Again Really???

let’s look at what’s happened since Nebraska has been in the B1G
-Sandusky State covered up a former coach who molested, raped/sodomized, etc at least 20+ victims the school later settled with and they weren’t expelled from the B1G.
-Ohio State has a doctor who had inappropriate let’s say behavior with 200 or so student athletes and they were not expelled.
-Meat Chicken State had a gymnastics coach Kathie Klages, who was aware, lied about , and did nothing about Larry Nassers sexual assaults of gymnasts and they were not expelled.
-Nebraska and their football coach want to play football in 2020 so Expell them for actually wanting to play football.

if the B1G did expel Nebraska they’d have a new P5 conference to play in in about 2 seconds and they’d have their choice.
I think that says a lot right there. Nebraska stepped up and basically got bitch slapped by the media. Ohio St says basically the exact same thing and not a word.

USC is using Big 12 as leverage and nothing more. If they do join along with 3 others WVU would not have to see them but every 3 to 4 years like the SEC does with it's East and West. Or any other 14 member conference.

Looked up Gullible in the dictionary
and saw a picture of this rivals group
)))(((

Reactions: WVUALLEN
If USC and or other PAC schools decided being in the PAC was not in their best interest and there's alot of reasons to suspect that right now, it is possible that they might be lured in by the BIG 12 which is doing much better financially and competitively for that matter.

If that did happen, the conference would likely take on a schedule where there were either no divisions, or if there are, then WVU would be in a division with ONLY teams they currently play, with one or two games a season in the opposite division.

So WVU's schedule might look something like this in a 9 game conference schedule with i.e. 2 PAC teams added:

Division
Iowa State
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Baylor (or TCU)
Oklahoma (or Texas)

Cross Division
TCU/Baylor
Texas/Oklahoma
Kansas
Texas Tech

Every 3 years or so, you'd get a home or away game with a USC/UCLA or whomever, highly unlikely more than one in a given year, and half the time it would be a home game.

Leverage for a third tier rights deal.
Something that caused the collapse of the original PAC/Big 12 merger.

So if they do give into USC you can see movement anyway. The question becomes what schools are involved.

Whatever way you want to look at it you have to accept the reality that USC is a very important school for the Big 12 right now.

Leverage for a third tier rights deal.
Something that caused the collapse of the original PAC/Big 12 merger.

So if they do give into USC you can see movement anyway. The question becomes what schools are involved.

Whatever way you want to look at it you have to accept the reality that USC is a very important school for the Big 12 right now.

Has zero impact to b12.

ZERO

Has zero impact to b12.

ZERO

You would be once again incorrect.

All your reasonings so far have made zero sense.
You keep repeating the same thing as if you have any idea what you are even talking about and if it is the truth.

Do you understand pretty much 4 of the 5 Power Conferences all come open at the same time.

Very similar to the last era of conference realignment.

Every school has their goals in mind of what they want.
Any school that isn't sitting in the B1G or SEC could end up elsewhere.
USCs plan is ultimately to create a super conference. If that is with the platform of the PAC 12 or Big 12. Who knows.

USCs higher ups believe they can put pressure on Ohio State and Alabama and their collective model.

A collective model in the ACC, PAC 12 or the Big 12 won't work.

Not enough there.

2018-2019 revenue

Vs
2010 2011 revenue

Don't mind Texas A&M. Their numbers are still inflated
Really is Texas vs Ohio State

With all the moves by the SEC and Big Ten they still haven't been able to pass Texas.
Texas' conference lost 4 key members

To make it even worse. They have been horrible for the past 10 years.
Just imagine if they went on a Top 5 run for a decade

B12 is playing, pac12 is not playing.

There is three Power Conferences.
You are relative if you are playing, not relevant if you are not playing.

Keep banging USU,
is not relevant to college football this year.

You would be once again incorrect.

All your reasonings so far have made zero sense.
You keep repeating the same thing as if you have any idea what you are even talking about and if it is the truth.

Do you understand pretty much 4 of the 5 Power Conferences all come open at the same time.

Very similar to the last era of conference realignment.

Every school has their goals in mind of what they want.
Any school that isn't sitting in the B1G or SEC could end up elsewhere.
USCs plan is ultimately to create a super conference. If that is with the platform of the PAC 12 or Big 12. Who knows.

USCs higher ups believe they can put pressure on Ohio State and Alabama and their collective model.

A collective model in the ACC, PAC 12 or the Big 12 won't work.

Not enough there.

Keep thumping USC. USC has zero relevance to b12.

Gullible

It is a school who buys into the model that the Big 12 has created

Listen to what they are saying.

They are telling people they deserve their piece of the pie and they don't care about hurt feelings.

That would mean 4 of the bluebloods buy into this
USC, Texas, ND and Oklahoma

ND isn't trying to share anything with anyone either

ND is sharing this year. Even if they don't want to. They might find out they'll make more money and enjoy the playoffs every year winning the ACC.

I think that says a lot right there. Nebraska stepped up and basically got bitch slapped by the media. Ohio St says basically the exact same thing and not a word.

That actually was the point of the whole thread LOL.

The fact the big 12 did not expand a few years ago was a good idea in my opinion. N to expand unless you have a Nebraska or possibly someone in the PAC 12 leaving because of the shape of the conference. Right now we’re just still going to be traveling our butts off.

It would be nice to have a East and West division picking up some teams closer to Morgantown, but the facilities are not good enough.

After the TV contract is up in a couple years we’re either going to get bigger or not existent at all. It could be AAC, here we come within the next five years.

That actually was the point of the whole thread LOL.

The fact the big 12 did not expand a few years ago was a good idea in my opinion. N to expand unless you have a Nebraska or possibly someone in the PAC 12 leaving because of the shape of the conference. Right now we’re just still going to be traveling our butts off.

It would be nice to have a East and West division picking up some teams closer to Morgantown, but the facilities are not good enough.

After the TV contract is up in a couple years we’re either going to get bigger or not existent at all. It could be AAC, here we come within the next five years.

Doubt B12 evaporates.

Assuming the worse all the time,
is not a good business model.

B12 represents one the most entertaining and dynamic football conferences in the country, which is great on TV. Great for TV money.

Oklahoma and Texas is rolling in cash.
Basketball is very competitive and entertaining.

So sence (since)
in "watering down" the league.

Watered-down could include stretching the conference geographically or excessively.

Because USC is a school who can and has been able to sign High Level recruits in the Big 3 sports.
For sure they signed the #1 player in football and baseball before and I believe they have in basketball.

One thing about Nebraska. Their basketball is beyond horrible.

Look at how many NCAA Tournament wins they have in basketball.

Their baseball started to get better in the Big 12 but they never could make deep runs at the CWS.
2 and BBQ a lot of years

Because USC is a school who can and has been able to sign High Level recruits in the Big 3 sports.
For sure they signed the #1 player in football and baseball before and I believe they have in basketball.

Again,
stretching the conference unnecessarily and without legit reason while balancing a candidate 2000 (4000 total) mile commute is everything we are discussing.

And we have to factor in that--
if b12 plays this season SAFELY, then the b12 gains more power and influence WITHOUT making holesale changes.
And cashing in serious money based on TV ratings.

Suckers are great at spending other people's money and without factoring in impact to student athletes.

if b12 playes and plays SAFELY this year, the b12 will be rolling in money, tv money.

Alumni bases...

Not always about location as much as it is about alumni bases.

Where are the main ones outside of your state?

Last edited:
What I do not understand,
is why have I wasted so much time discussing this stupidity ...wink

Ps....b12 plays this year safely and effectively, the b12 will very powerful .
Big 3 powerful.

Incentives can be modified without making wholesale conference realignments

What I do not understand,
is why have I wasted so much time discussing this stupidity ...wink

Ps....b12 plays this year safely and effectively, the b12 will very powerful .
Big 3 powerful.

Incentives can be modified without making wholesale conference realignments

You keep talking about as if fanbases are fixed in one spot.

USC has never cared about location.
They have maintained the only intersectional rivarly in CFB history for 60-70+ years.
Because ND helped expand their name.

Southern schools are different because most of them want to maintain this regional mindset
But the rest don't have a small pond mindset.

Goes to back to ones like ND and USC.

Problem is ND isn't enough for USC anymore.
They need more from them and the PAC 12

I guess BYU is screwed but still has a ton of money. Don’t see them getting into a conference unless PAC12 folds.

Let’s say it does and BIG12 gets Arizona, Arizona St, UCLA and USC.

BYU, Colorado St, Boise St and Sand Diego St fills the void keeping the PAC 12 alive. They could poach Air Force, UNLV, Hawaii, and San Jose St then be the 16 super conference they wanted to be

Very good chance Stanford moves away from FBS football. Possibly disband their football program all together

They are really attempting to deemphasize football.
This is an issue at USC with their administration.

USC's student body has changed. There are third generation Trojans who can't get their children admitted into the university.

Some are upset by this because they believe their degree will always carry weight

Reactions: mountaineermaniac34
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT