ADVERTISEMENT

beIN Sports

Take it easy on Kelly, Kelly. He's simply one of the majority of Ear Fans who have now relegated themselves to accepting losing as the norm. It's no longer important to the Ear Fan base in regard to winning games. Now days, it's about pride in the fact that they rake in dough, dough that none of them will see a dime of, it's about pride in the fact that their little girls basketball team is on TV not once, not twice, but three times this coming season, and lastly, it's about pride in the fact that they have a brand spanking new road intersection developed in close proximity to 'the hole'. They can thank twiggy for seeing this project through. Without proper direction in cone placement, this project would have likely drawn out for years. Good job, twiggy. Everybody can high five over a new road intersection.

Again, Snyduh - that's all that needs to be said. He was a good guy, but terrible head coach. He was basically the "Holgorson" of Marshall coaches. Even a bitter guy like yourself cannot deny the fact that Doc has increased the level of recruiting beyond what Snyder was capable. Doc isn't a great head coach, but he is at least smart enough to recruit other coaches who know a little bit about what they are doing. No, we wouldn't have the same record if it were the old CUSA, but we also wouldn't be losing to New Hampshire at home either with Doc. One of the things I can't stand is that Doc has Bill Legg as the guy calling the offense and being a QB coach. I think Cato could have progressed further had there been a better OC and a dedicated QB coach. I fear the same will happen with Litton.

Because it's just a coincidence Marshall started "competing" after the conference became weaker than the MAC and schedules ranked in the triple digits. Many times weaker than some FCS teams.

Yep...Just a coincidence.

All inept programs just love fans like you.

kitty cat, you must have me confused with someone else. I've never claimed to be happy with the teams currently in C-USA. Certainly, I love a handful of them, and feel they are on equal footing with the Herd when it comes to the level of competition I feel is adequate for the Herd. Southern Miss, La Tech, WKU, and Middle Tennessee would be about it. Hindsight is 50/50, but obviously the Herd would have been better served never leaving the MAC, but at the time of doing so, it was obviously the right move. How would they have known the Big East would implode, and have devastating domino effect felt hardest in C-USA?

Expansion has ruined college football for many, and in my opinion, that would include quite a few WVU fans. Makes about as much sense to me with WVU playing in a league with teams in the Central time zone, as it does Rutgers playing in the Big 10, or even Marshall playing Texas-El Paso. At this point, I just hope I live long enough to see conferences go back to being more regionalized. Personally, I miss a lot of the rivalries. Back in the day, I never missed an Oklahoma/Nebraska game, Pitt/WVU, and the list could go on and on. Preferably, I would rather see the Herd in a regional conference with a few of the old MAC rivals, ECU, and the aforementioned C-USA teams. Of course, that makes too much sense in multiple ways, with the biggest being financial and of course, fan interest.

kitty cat, you must have me confused with someone else. I've never claimed to be happy with the teams currently in C-USA. Certainly, I love a handful of them, and feel they are on equal footing with the Herd when it comes to the level of competition I feel is adequate for the Herd. Southern Miss, La Tech, WKU, and Middle Tennessee would be about it. Hindsight is 50/50, but obviously the Herd would have been better served never leaving the MAC, but at the time of doing so, it was obviously the right move. How would they have known the Big East would implode, and have devastating domino effect felt hardest in C-USA?

Expansion has ruined college football for many, and in my opinion, that would include quite a few WVU fans. Makes about as much sense to me with WVU playing in a league with teams in the Central time zone, as it does Rutgers playing in the Big 10, or even Marshall playing Texas-El Paso. At this point, I just hope I live long enough to see conferences go back to being more regionalized. Personally, I miss a lot of the rivalries. Back in the day, I never missed an Oklahoma/Nebraska game, Pitt/WVU, and the list could go on and on. Preferably, I would rather see the Herd in a regional conference with a few of the old MAC rivals, ECU, and the aforementioned C-USA teams. Of course, that makes too much sense in multiple ways, with the biggest being financial and of course, fan interest.

Finally a sensible post from MichiganHerd. I didn't think you had it in you.

As for the old traditional rivalries, I think most AD's are working to restore them. WVU's future schedules include old rivals Pitt, Va Tech, Maryland, and Penn State.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-12/west-virginia-mountaineers.php

MichiganHerd has not said anything different for several years. This is not his first time expressing this.

kitty cat, you must have me confused with someone else. I've never claimed to be happy with the teams currently in C-USA.

Didn't say you were.

Didn't confuse you with anyone. I know your feathers are ruffled when you take it to a personal level. That's what you Herd fans do.

Didn't say you were.

Didn't confuse you with anyone. I know your feathers are ruffled when you take it to a personal level. That's what you Herd fans do.
Sorry, I thought we were friends. I'm now Facebook friends with Mr. Black, once you outed him a couple weeks ago. I never knew who that was until you called him by his name. Thanks for outing him. He's a decent guy with a hot wife.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Sorry, I thought we were friends. I'm now Facebook friends with Mr. Black, once you outed him a couple weeks ago. I never knew who that was until you called him by his name. Thanks for outing him. He's a decent guy with a hot wife.

Sure...Whatever you say.

Last edited:
MichiganHerd guilty of animal abuse in this thread. Calling on PETA to rush to kitty cat's defense....

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

2015 finish @ 10-3 SoS 138th
2014 finish @ 13-1 SoS 124th ECU left, Tulane left, Tulsa left
2013 finish @ 10-4 SoS 122nd UCF left, Houston left, Memphis left, SMU left,
2012 finish @ 5-7 SoS 104th
2011 finish @ 7-6 SoS 56th
2010 finish @ 5-7 SoS 91st
2009 finish @ 7-6 SoS 86th
2008 finish @ 4-8 SoS 77th
2007 finish @ 3-9 SoS 73rd
2006 finish @ 5-7 SoS 88th
2005 finish @ 4-7 SoS 86th the moooooooooo joins CUSA

Well, there's the correlation for the mooooooooo's change in wins, just look at the departing schools and the change in number of wins which also corresponds to the rise in the SoS.

It's right there, plain as day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT