ADVERTISEMENT

beIN Sports

MichiganHerd

All-American
Aug 17, 2011
I must admit, I was a little skeptical about this network, but after watching the game on Saturday, they actually did a hell of a good job (in my opinion). I thought it was much better than the coverage from the other (2) predominant networks I've watched Herd football on during the last couple of years - American Sports Network (ASN) & CBS Sports Net. They had better announcers, better game coverage, and a hell of a lot better looking side line reporter.

jenn-brown-people-in-tv-photo-u3.jpg

I must admit, I was a little skeptical about this network, but after watching the game on Saturday, they actually did a hell of a good job (in my opinion). I thought it was much better than the coverage from the other (2) predominant networks I've watched Herd football on during the last couple of years - American Sports Network (ASN) & CBS Sports Net. They had better announcers, better game coverage, and a hell of a lot better looking side line reporter.

Did you have to watch it on Facebook or pay to watch it on PlayStation ? beIN isn't offered by most cable companies.

beIN is a part of AT&T/Direct TV lineup, so that's a large chunk of the market. I believe it's also offered up by Comcast/Infinity, so go bite your tongue and swallow it.

Reactions: 30Kelly
16% of the nation. I could not find it on my DIRECTV. I must admit I never looked past the 600s
LOL, so you don't even have HD. 1600's and above contain all of the sports stations, moron. (or in your case, 600's and above, for those without an HD TV)

beIN is a part of AT&T/Direct TV lineup, so that's a large chunk of the market. I believe it's also offered up by Comcast/Infinity, so go bite your tongue and swallow it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeIN_Sports

an excerpt from the link -

"the channel is available to 16.9 million households (14.6% of those with television) in the US. This level of market penetration is the second lowest of all the television stations via cable."

But you do have that Facebook thing going for you.

an excerpt from the link -

"the channel is available to 16.9 million households (14.6% of those with television) in the US. This level of market penetration is the second lowest of all the television stations via cable."

But you do have that Facebook thing going for you.
I guess when you're in the 14.6% of top income makers, then you have access to more of the worldly goods.

Well I do have HD, moron. I watch the Reds in HD on 646 or 649.
I just checked, and you're correct, so I apologize. In the near future, AT&T will re-do your lineup to match their own. One of the problems with Direct TV, if I can recall, is that the non-HD and HD channels were side by side, meaning, channel 3 may be CBS (regular) and channel 4 would be CBS (HD). AT&T does it with 1-999 as regular, and 1,000 & above as HD.

Also, while looking, you can locate beIN in HD on channel 467, so you'll be all set for the remainder of the season to acquire all of your C-USA football.

I just checked, and you're correct, so I apologize. In the near future, AT&T will re-do your lineup to match their own. One of the problems with Direct TV, if I can recall, is that the non-HD and HD channels were side by side, meaning, channel 3 may be CBS (regular) and channel 4 would be CBS (HD). AT&T does it with 1-999 as regular, and 1,000 & above as HD.

Also, while looking, you can locate beIN in HD on channel 467, so you'll be all set for the remainder of the season to acquire all of your C-USA football.

Thanks, I will watch MVU games if there is nothing of interest on.

I can't speak for the boys over there, but only know I enjoyed the telecast on AT&T Channel 1662. Plus, did I mention the side line reporter?

Good for you that you got to see your team play on a real TV set, most Herdiots had to resort to Facebook.......

Comcast (local tv cable in Huntington area) doesn't offer beIn. Neither does Suddenlink, cable provider in eastern part of Cabell County and all of Putnam and Kanawha Counties.

And what happened to that chick's boobs?

I live in the largest metropolitan area of WV, and my cable provider(Suddenlink) doesn't provide bein network. I have every available sports tier package as well. I do have a FireTV that has been 'Jailbroken' and I found it on Kodi through SportDevil or Castaway(can't remember).....didn't watch it, but it was there with a lot of searching. Fortunately, I just had to dial up channel 29/229 and, voila, WVU! My advice for people who want to watch Marshall play football, get a jailbroken FireTV box from eBay and stream it from some German or other European feed, otherwise, you're out. WVU's next game will be easy as well......ESPN2 or ESPNU... Ride on, camel jockeys.....

Reactions: old buzzard
I can't speak for the boys over there, but only know I enjoyed the telecast on AT&T Channel 1662. Plus, did I mention the side line reporter?

Are you seriously suggesting that beIN is better because a side line reporter gave you a Herd On ?????????

No, for some reason Fox Tenn. has the Reds as their home team.
My understanding is that much of Tennessee and some other Southeastern states had been considered, "Reds Country" before TBS came along, and broadcasted Braves games everywhere. There were many Reds radio affiliates in TN, NC, etc. in the old days.

My understanding is that much of Tennessee and some other Southeastern states had been considered, "Reds Country" before TBS came along, and broadcasted Braves games everywhere. There were many Reds radio affiliates in TN, NC, etc. in the old days.
I am not complaining. I try and slip up to see a Reds game every year. It takes me 3 hours to get to Atlanta but 5 to get to Cincinnati.

Oh, I didn't think that you were. I grew up a little more than three hours from Cincinnati, and attended 18-20 Reds' games a season for a few years after I had received my driver's license. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't visited GABP since the Reds lost Game 3 to the Giants in 2012, but still watch almost all of their games on TV.

Oh, I didn't think that you were. I grew up a little more than three hours from Cincinnati, and attended 18-20 Reds' games a season for a few years after I had received my driver's license. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't visited GABP since the Reds lost Game 3 to the Giants in 2012, but still watch almost all of their games on TV.
I know, no matter how bad they are they are still the only baseball team I follow.

how did the Arabic to English translation go.....a little slow or ok?

right now on beIN... 726 on Xfinity
The Express Xtra... ?Soccer news?

I'm watching a Ford commercial ... not in English.

A soccer trip to Spain for $3000...

EFL Round 7... English soccer

It's on DirecTV. So far, that's my complaint with Direct is they have channels scattered all over the place. ESPN is what, 205, but then the B1G network and Fox sports all way beyond that.

Just go to Facebook for your Marshall games........the videos will interrupted unexpectedly from time to time and the quality won't be all that, but what's a poor Herdiot to do when beIN controls their TV rights and none of the major cable companies carry beIN ?

Reactions: 30CAT
Just go to Facebook for your Marshall games........the videos will interrupted unexpectedly from time to time and the quality won't be all that, but what's a poor Herdiot to do when beIN controls their TV rights and none of the major cable companies carry beIN ?

stop pretending your old ass knows anything about facebook.

The following providers offer BeIN and more to be added soon...

• Cox Communications: beIN SPORTS on Channel 727 & 1371
  • DISH: beIN SPORTS on Channel 408
  • DIRECTV: beIN SPORTS on Channel 620
  • Comcast: beIN SPORTS on Channel 726
  • Time Warner Cable: beIN SPORTS on Channel 417
  • Bright House Networks: beIN SPORTS on Channel 207 & HD on 1163
  • Verizon FIOS: beIN SPORTS on Channel 598 in HD
  • AT&T U-verse: beIN SPORTS on Channel 1662 in HD
  • Advanced Cable: beIN SPORTS on Channel 160 & 659 in HD
  • Atlantic Broadband: beIN SPORTS on Channel 157 & 957 in HD

stop pretending your old ass knows anything about facebook.

The following providers offer BeIN and more to be added soon...

• Cox Communications: beIN SPORTS on Channel 727 & 1371
  • DISH: beIN SPORTS on Channel 408
  • DIRECTV: beIN SPORTS on Channel 620
  • Comcast: beIN SPORTS on Channel 726
  • Time Warner Cable: beIN SPORTS on Channel 417
  • Bright House Networks: beIN SPORTS on Channel 207 & HD on 1163
  • Verizon FIOS: beIN SPORTS on Channel 598 in HD
  • AT&T U-verse: beIN SPORTS on Channel 1662 in HD
  • Advanced Cable: beIN SPORTS on Channel 160 & 659 in HD
  • Atlantic Broadband: beIN SPORTS on Channel 157 & 957 in HD

I hate to have to keep posting this link, but apparently some people just don't get it about how beIN is a rinky dink channel

and here we go again with an excerpt from that article. - "the channel is available to 16.9 million households (14.6% of those with television) in the US. This level of market penetration is the second lowest of all television stations available via cable."

I hate to have to keep posting this link, but apparently some people just don't get it about how beIN is a rinky dink channel

and here we go again with an excerpt from that article. - "the channel is available to 16.9 million households (14.6% of those with television) in the US. This level of market penetration is the second lowest of all television stations available via cable."

Not too bad for a channel that just launched its airing of collegiate sports about 3 months ago.

I guess in some way it makes you feel better about your shitty football program that BeIN sports isn't as big of a channel? LOL, whatever Pops.

I guess in some way it makes you feel better about your shitty football program that BeIN sports isn't as big of a channel? LOL, whatever Pops.

Watching you collect $200,000 for your TV rights while we collect between 30 and 40 million dollars every year for ours makes me feel pretty good, how's it make you feel ?

Reactions: countryroads89
Watching you collect $200,000 for your TV rights while we collect between 30 and 40 million dollars every year for ours makes me feel pretty good, how's it make you feel ?

And watching you spend every dime just trying to keep up with the big boys makes me feel pretty good.

And watching you spend every dime just trying to keep up with the big boys makes me feel pretty good.

Watching you brag about Marshall competing with FCS teams, posing as FBS teams, in an FCS conference pretending to be an FBS conference, for $200,000, is pretty damned hilarious.

Irrelevant....Insignificant....CUS1AA.

THAT is Marshall.

right now on beIN... 726 on Xfinity

The Express Xtra SOCCER NEWS !

and a commercial in Spanish... lol

Reactions: 30CAT
the mooooooooo game is on beIN...

your qb looks smaller than Trickett...

turf looks terrible...

3rd penalty on first drive...

your wr just pushed the db down to catch the TD... wtf ? no flag ? plain as day offensive PI

------------------

wooo hoooo, the moooo is 20-1 in it's last 21 home games...

next beIN barn-burner on 22OCT when Charlotte comes to town...

so, the two mooooooooo beIN games are Morgan State & Charlotte...

mooooooooooo just had a 7 second drive....TD

---------------------

the mooooooooo's kickers are from Albania & Norway

lol, the announcer is talking about the bench press of mooooooo players

your linemen are fat and slobbish...

who's your 5-foot tall asst coach ? cute...

"Marco is smiling"... lol

----------------------

this shit is so small-time... the commercials in Spanish are funny though

talking Moss...lol

Louisville is going to embarrass the **** out you herdiots...

your O-line is holding about every play...

lol... talking about the weight room again

--------

Univision is better quality than this...

Does anyone know where Morgan State is located ? w/o googlin' ?

lol... 96yd TD on fumble...

haven't seen any people OD'd in the stands yet...

your band sucks...

----------

2 kicks out of bounds... haven't seen 2 out of bounds kicks all season... 'til now

lol... idiot announcer mentions weight room again...

ahhhh, Chase and his Mom....

4:30 'til half... 5 TD throws... another 7 second drive

wooooooooooo ... we beatin' # 239 like a drum...

Morgan St reserve Qb in the game

lol... moooooooooo up 42-0 and Litton is STILL in the game

announcer says "one more for insurance before the half"... lol

and another TD... 49-0... wooooooooooooooo Doc is gonna vote us 25th...

-------
I can't watch anymore of this small-time production...

WVU would bury you 60-0...

-----

Last edited:
Watching you brag about Marshall competing with FCS teams, posing as FBS teams, in an FCS conference pretending to be an FBS conference, for $200,000, is pretty damned hilarious.

Irrelevant....Insignificant....CUS1AA.

THAT is Marshall.

Looks like somebody's rrrrraaaattlled!

That one burned your ass, didn't it kitty? Watching you brag about your program which can't keep up with its peers and a head coach who is going to keep you down is all the entertainment anyone needs.

If only they gave you more conference wins with that damn money, then you'd be in business.

Looks like somebody's rrrrraaaattlled!

That one burned your ass, didn't it kitty? Watching you brag about your program which can't keep up with its peers and a head coach who is going to keep you down is all the entertainment anyone needs.

If only they gave you more conference wins with that damn money, then you'd be in business.

Link to where I bragged about about WVU's success or lack thereof, in the Big 12.....I won't be holding my breath.

This will be WVU's 5th year in the Big 12, which was a sizable step up in competition, without the depth to compete. It takes time.

After all, Marshall made a move up from the MAC to CUSA 11 years ago (2005) and couldn't compete until CUSA dropped to CUS1AA (now below the MAC) in 2013.

Took the Herd until its 3rd year to beat a team with a winning record. Then 7 years and a drastically watered down conference to even "compete" and have at least 8 wins in its new conference. WVU got to 8 wins in a much, much tougher conference in almost half the time.

And when your "peers" are the likes of:

Charlotte
Florida Atlantic
Florida Intl
Louisiana Tech
Middle Tennessee
North Texas
Old Dominion
Rice
Southern Mississippi
Texas San Antonio
UAB
UTEP
Western Kentucky

You have zero room to talk, when you're talking to fans of a team that owns the team you root for.

Reactions: WVU82
This will be WVU's 5th year in the Big 12, which was a sizable step up in competition, without the depth to compete. It takes time.

All inept coaches just LOVE fans like you. You will pay more than you can afford every year to support an underperforming team. It does NOT take 5 years for a coach to start competing. Snyder was inept at coaching and everyone knew it. We just lacked an AD who gave a shit.

Took the Herd until its 3rd year to beat a team with a winning record.

Again, Snyduh - that's all that needs to be said. He was a good guy, but terrible head coach. He was basically the "Holgorson" of Marshall coaches. Even a bitter guy like yourself cannot deny the fact that Doc has increased the level of recruiting beyond what Snyder was capable. Doc isn't a great head coach, but he is at least smart enough to recruit other coaches who know a little bit about what they are doing. No, we wouldn't have the same record if it were the old CUSA, but we also wouldn't be losing to New Hampshire at home either with Doc. One of the things I can't stand is that Doc has Bill Legg as the guy calling the offense and being a QB coach. I think Cato could have progressed further had there been a better OC and a dedicated QB coach. I fear the same will happen with Litton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT