ADVERTISEMENT

Been busy

Marine03

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2012
Spent more time on the HN board than here speaking some truth and pointing out the obvious. The good news is I have my Saturdays back and can focus on my 3-2 Bills playing well.
Fact is we suck ass this season and some changes should be made soon

Spent more time on the HN board than here speaking some truth and pointing out the obvious. The good news is I have my Saturdays back and can focus on my 3-2 Bills playing well.
We have some real problems not good in any phase of the game right now!

You have some colossal challenges when it comes to making any changes

Reactions: 30CAT
That's why the AD gets paid what he does, to make those decisions for Doc if he can't or won't do it himself
Legg has to be given the boot

But the bad thing (actually another bad thing, not that I'm trying to pile on) is, Marshall is cash strapped...and will be for some time. I'm not seeing a bowl in their future and that tv deal sucks.

But the bad thing (actually another bad thing, not that I'm trying to pile on) is, Marshall is cash strapped...and will be for some time. I'm not seeing a bowl in their future and that tv deal sucks.
Blocking and tackling win football games not cash.....however, if you're not satisfied with the blocking and tackling then cash is very necessary if you want to make changes!

... and the progress of Litton looks to me to be slow because he has no one pushing him for playing time.
Yeah, I never like just giving a Frosh the QB job and assuming it's his position by Devine Right for the next three years, competition keeps us all sharp. But in his defense the line can't block and he's got people hanging off his neck and diving at his feet on every passing play.

Firing and rehiring a coordinator should not be a problem
I agree here. It is risky but there are a lot of young coaches out there who would jump at an opportunity as an OC at Marshall. They might get a chance there that they are not going to get at a P5 school right now. Young guys who have coached in high power offenses who could be good options....but of course they could be turds so that is why it is risky.

I agree here. It is risky but there are a lot of young coaches out there who would jump at an opportunity as an OC at Marshall. They might get a chance there that they are not going to get at a P5 school right now. Young guys who have coached in high power offenses who could be good options....but of course they could be turds so that is why it is risky.

Agreed, we have a case of the explosive shits right now so 1 turd would be an upgrade

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
Won this past Saturday, got to win the next one to make the league championship and play the only team to beat us again on the 22nd. After that, wrestling starts November 15th
cool.......my nephew is a soph at St Marys starting at safety....they are 3rd in the state in Single A.....going up in a couple of weeks to watch them play Ravenswood where I graduated from.......btw...played a practice round at Fawn Lake yesterday....got my ass handed to me

Last edited:
Enjoy your trip and safe travels. I'm hopefully going to get out on Friday to play weather permitting. Probably my last round of the year

Riflearm would take the job

Enjoy your trip and safe travels. I'm hopefully going to get out on Friday to play weather permitting. Probably my last round of the year
my hip issues had my swing all screwed up....had my shoulders all out of whack and lost all my power.....my pro got me straightened out but it took 15 holes...isn't it funny how having one little error in your stance or swing just messes everything up......the only reason I broke 90 (88) was my putter....my pro shot 69...the tourney is captains choice so if I can cut him 8 or 10 shots we will be ok

my hip issues had my swing all screwed up....had my shoulders all out of whack and lost all my power.....my pro got me straightened out but it took 15 holes...isn't it funny how having one little error in your stance or swing just messes everything up......the only reason I broke 90 (88) was my putter....my pro shot 69...the tourney is captains choice so if I can cut him 8 or 10 shots we will be ok

Yep I've been down that route as well. Played with a hurt back about 10 years ago and changed my swing to get through a few rounds and it took nearly two years to get it back. I gave it up for about 6 months. I saw a pro which was the worse thing I did, he took 10 yards off each iron, grip change, etc. I had to forget everything he taught me also. Frustrating

I assume you mean Legg...never been crazy about him either but hard to call plays when our line blocks nobody.

That was my biggest criticism of Stewart, he hired a horrible OL coach. Mullens got a lot of the blame and admittedly he isn't the greatest of OC's either, but I've yet to see an offensive play designed in which the OL doesn't have to block.

That was my biggest criticism of Stewart, he hired a horrible OL coach. Mullens got a lot of the blame and admittedly he isn't the greatest of OC's either, but I've yet to see an offensive play designed in which the OL doesn't have to block.
White Tail, I've never seen any play caller that can succeed without any blocking! And that's where our offensive woes start...granted Litton has not covered himself in glory and has been very inaccurate with the ball this year but he has to throw with 280 pounders draped all over him!

Riflearm would take the job

I've been closely following King Rifle. Before his starting QB went down with an injury, he was #2 in the country in passing yards in FCS. The kid, just a sophomore if my memory serves me right, was also leading his conference in total yards per game with about 40 more yards per game than the next closest player. That's pretty impressive considering that conference also has offensive juggernaut Sam Houston State who is #2 in the country and would demolish half of the FBS teams.

So, he had the QB who led the country (FCS) in pass efficiency followed by a young QB who was #2 in the country in passing.

Did any of you guys ever get his autograph when you would stalk him and make fake profiles of him on these sites?

Sam Houston is #2 in FCS. If you look at the sagarin ratings, you'll see that the FCS #2 is rated ahead of 50 FBS teams. Knowing that there are approximately 120 FBS teams, the halfway point would be 60. So, my claim is pretty much aligned with the sagarin ratings.

You're welcome.

Sam Houston is #2 in FCS. If you look at the sagarin ratings, you'll see that the FCS #2 is rated ahead of 50 FBS teams. Knowing that there are approximately 120 FBS teams, the halfway point would be 60. So, my claim is pretty much aligned with the sagarin ratings.

You're welcome.

Except there isn't "approximately 120 FBS teams", there are 128.
And Sam Houston State isn't rated ahead of 50 FBS schools, they are rated ahead of about 32-33 of them, which is barely 1/4th of them. Being ranked by Sagarin ahead of 1/4 of them doesn't mean that they would "demolish" them either.

What in the world does the success of a team in your conference (not even the team you claim to coach for) have to do with your value as a QB coach? What do you have to do with Sam Houston State's success? (Other than getting beat by them and adding to their win column)

How long before the new school hurts your little feelings and you sue them?

Except there isn't "approximately 120 FBS teams", there are 128.

There ARE approximately 120 FBS teams. You may want to acquaint yourself with the definition of "approximately." To claim that there aren't 120 FBS teams, approximately, is as foolish as the rest of your post.

And Sam Houston State isn't rated ahead of 50 FBS schools, they are rated ahead of about 32-33 of them, which is barely 1/4th of them.

I didn't claim SHSU was. I claimed the #2 rated FCS team according to sagarin was. Reading comprehension; try it.

What in the world does the success of a team in your conference (not even the team you claim to coach for) have to do with your value as a QB coach?

I'll try to dumb this down for you even though it was explained in the original post.

I mentioned the success of rifle's starting QB leading the conference by a large margin in total yards per game (and #2 in the country in passing yards). I then referenced the vast success of SHSU's offense to show that leading the conference is a notable achievement, since SHSU is one of the top 3 overall offenses in the country.

This isn't an act; you really are this stupid, huh?

Oh, and now I'm rifle? I thought you guys argued that I was michiganherdfan?

I didn't claim SHSU was. I claimed the #2 rated FCS team according to sagarin was. Reading comprehension; try it.

Sam Houston is #2 in FCS. If you look at the sagarin ratings, you'll see that the FCS #2 is rated ahead of 50 FBS teams.

No comment necessary

You wonder why nobody believes your nonsense ... you can't keep your story straight for 10 minutes

Reactions: countryroads89
No comment necessary

You wonder why nobody believes your nonsense ... you can't keep your story straight for 10 minutes

Failed reading comprehension again.

When referencing the rankings of teams, nobody uses sagarin. His system is a rating, not a ranking.

As I said, SHSU is #2 in the country in FCS (as seen in the poll). I then went on to say that in the sagarin ratings, the FCS #2 (the #2 in the sagarin ratings) . . .

In other words, those are two different #2 teams.

Do you work on the highways, too?

Damn,

This thread is starting to look like an Abilene Christian football game. Rifle tries to run some game and the opposition destroys it and runs up the score.

Sincerely,

A lot smarter than rifle.

Failed reading comprehension again.

When referencing the rankings of teams, nobody uses sagarin. His system is a rating, not a ranking.

As I said, SHSU is #2 in the country in FCS (as seen in the poll). I then went on to say that in the sagarin ratings, the FCS #2 (the #2 in the sagarin ratings) . . .

In other words, those are two different #2 teams.

Do you work on the highways, too?

Nope, I comprehended what you wrote just fine.
It's not my fault that you are horrible at articulating your point.

But, let's recap:
That's pretty impressive considering that conference also has offensive juggernaut Sam Houston State who is #2 in the country and would demolish half of the FBS teams.

So, even though you have been specifically talking about SHSU "demolishing" half of the FBS teams while also pointing out that they are #2 ... the #2 team that you were actually talking about isn't SHSU? I can see how that's totally a reading comprehension problem on my part.

SHSU isn't even 2nd in FCS according to Sagarin ... so you use some other poll for one purpose and then Sagarin for another to try to make some point about your coaching prowess when you don't even coach for either of the teams you're supposedly talking about.

Yeah ... the idiots are everybody else .... gotcha

Face it ... this is another example of you saying something stupid and wrong and then trying to talk circles around it to try to cover your feeble minded ass. We've all seen this many times before.

Nope, I comprehended what you wrote just fine.
It's not my fault that you are horrible at articulating your point.

But, let's recap:

So, even though you have been specifically talking about SHSU "demolishing" half of the FBS teams while also pointing out that they are #2 ... the #2 team that you were actually talking about isn't SHSU? I can see how that's totally a reading comprehension problem on my part.

SHSU isn't even 2nd in FCS according to Sagarin ... so you use some other poll for one purpose and then Sagarin for another to try to make some point about your coaching prowess when you don't even coach for either of the teams you're supposedly talking about.

Yeah ... the idiots are everybody else .... gotcha

Face it ... this is another example of you saying something stupid and wrong and then trying to talk circles around it to try to cover your feeble minded ass. We've all seen this many times before.

I think you just "demolished" him.

I think you just "demolished" him.

Like some other FCS schools ... but not his ... would do to "half" of the FBS ... but not really half, only about 1/4, unless you're talking about some other team that he never mentioned by name ... that school might be able to ... but not the school in his conference, and not the school he coaches at.

I'm glad you can see that. That is why I made it a point to mention sagarin's #2 team as opposed to the #2 team (poll) I had mentioned earlier.

If you have an issue with that, you should take it up with the local school board, as you clearly were not given much of a proper third grade education.

and the opposition destroys it and runs up the score.

Looking at his team's game notes, it appears that they don't start a single senior on offense. In fact, they start two true freshman at receiver and a sophomore QB. Yet, before the injury, they were #2 in the country in passing yards and top 15 in total offense. His QB had 12 TDs and only 1 INT (the video I saw shows it to be a batted up ball). Wow. And he had the nation's leader in pass efficiency at his last stop? Imagine what he could do with all of those 3 and 4 star QB signees wvu hasn't been able to develop over the last few years.

... but not really half, only about 1/4, .

Wait: you said "about 1/4" when referencing SHSU being rated higher than FBS teams. Exactly "1/4" would mean being better (rated higher) than 32 teams, since there are 128 FBS teams as you pointed out. Yet, the ratings have SHSU ahead of 38 FBS teams. That difference of 6 teams in your "about 1/4" statement leaves a bumper of at least 16%.

Yet, you claimed my comment of "approximately 120 FBS teams" was wrong because there are 128 FBS teams. My use of "approximately" was only off by 6% from the actual number.

So, using "approximately" for using a number just 6% away from the actual is wrong according to you, but using "about" when referencing a number 16% away from the actual is acceptable by you?

Reading comprehension AND statistics. Christ. Do you have a wvu degree, and is your father a former wv governor by any chance?

I'm glad you can see that. That is why I made it a point to mention sagarin's #2 team as opposed to the #2 team (poll) I had mentioned earlier.

If you have an issue with that, you should take it up with the local school board, as you clearly were not given much of a proper third grade education.

Looking at his team's game notes, it appears that they don't start a single senior on offense. In fact, they start two true freshman at receiver and a sophomore QB. Yet, before the injury, they were #2 in the country in passing yards and top 15 in total offense. His QB had 12 TDs and only 1 INT (the video I saw shows it to be a batted up ball). Wow. And he had the nation's leader in pass efficiency at his last stop? Imagine what he could do with all of those 3 and 4 star QB signees wvu hasn't been able to develop over the last few years.

Wait: you said "about 1/4" when referencing SHSU being rated higher than FBS teams. Exactly "1/4" would mean being better (rated higher) than 32 teams, since there are 128 FBS teams as you pointed out. Yet, the ratings have SHSU ahead of 38 FBS teams. That difference of 6 teams in your "about 1/4" statement leaves a bumper of at least 16%.

Yet, you claimed my comment of "approximately 120 FBS teams" was wrong because there are 128 FBS teams. My use of "approximately" was only off by 6% from the actual number.

So, using "approximately" for using a number just 6% away from the actual is wrong according to you, but using "about" when referencing a number 16% away from the actual is acceptable by you?

Reading comprehension AND statistics. Christ. Do you have a wvu degree, and is your father a former wv governor by any chance?

Spin spin spin ....
It's so easy to spool you up and watch you go. For somebody that claims to be so superior to everybody, you sure are easily manipulated.

How close is 38 to 50% of 128? Before you hurt yourself I'll answer ... it isn't close at all

Like some other FCS schools ... but not his ... would do to "half" of the FBS ... but not really half, only about 1/4, unless you're talking about some other team that he never mentioned by name ... that school might be able to ... but not the school in his conference, and not the school he coaches at.
Dumb Bass shoots at the wall then draws circles around said mark and calls a bullseye shot. Yeah really brilliant.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteTailEER
Spin spin spin ....
It's so easy to spool you up and watch you go. For somebody that claims to be so superior to everybody, you sure are easily manipulated.

How close is 38 to 50% of 128? Before you hurt yourself I'll answer ... it isn't close at all
Am I the only one that is LMAO at that fuktard talking about herself in third person?

Reactions: WhiteTailEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT