ADVERTISEMENT

BDtheC - another simulation

GSUsTALON

Junior
Sep 7, 2002
Massy combined rankings using over 30 poles and computer rankings
WVU ranked 37 & GSU ranked 60. I'll take 60 for our 1st year. GSU started around 120.

Massy 3 game Simulation Results

Ga Southern 37 - West Virginia 45 (0-1-0)
Ga Southern 29 - West Virginia 21 (1-1-0)
Ga Southern 34 - West Virginia 49 (1-2-0)

(1) Now I'll take the 2nd simulation as a close result for the outcome. Remember I said GSU 31 vs WVU 28.
(2) Please note that in all 3 simulations the average points for GSU is 33.
So my 31 points isn't far off.
(3) BDtheC your simulation had GSU only scoring 13 points. Only 6 points more than Ga. State.

(4) Still as we both know it's JUST A COMPUTER SIMULATION!

What say you BurnDownTheCouch?
wvu-fan-5.jpg

I have never burned anything after a game, Win or Lose. As far as our "obnoxious" fans go. I believe we've been the belle of the ball in the Big 12 as far as opposing fan experience. I haven't heard a negative from any of our B12 foes, and have had more compliments in the last few years than ambivalence.

Marshall fans want to sensationalize and mislead folks due to their jealousy. They also envy the game day experience at Morgantown due to their lack of having ANY game day experience. Marshall fans show up sparingly for games and leave at halftime winning or losing. The only sellouts they've had is years they've played WVU at home, and WVU bought Marshall season tickets just to have a ticket for that game(they are dirt cheap). Marshall folks bitched after the game because subsequent games had even less people because all the Marshall season tickets bought by WVU fans were left in the dumpsters after the beatings.

Small time indeed. Very small. Not even the favorite team in their own town. So, they dwell here, living vicariously through the Flagship like a barnacle on a sleek seagoing vessel. They are the parasites of college football. A financially bankrupt program that cheats, loses, and bitches for handouts from WVU. All the while, trying to put WVU down to feel better about themselves.

If you come to the game, and travel through the tailgates, you'll be welcomed with good food and drink, and intelligent football conversation. If you would ever go to a Marshall game, you'd have to park in the streets of inner city Huntington and wade through meth and prostitution proposals to get to the garbage can they call a stadium. I dated, briefly, a Marshall girl while studying at WVU. The game day experience was boring and trashy to say the least. Even she admitted, it was nothing like a WVU game.

Reactions: WVmtnBikEER
Ok, Couch! Let me hear your prediction for attendence at the WVU-GSU tilt and your prediction for Purdue-MU?

Night game, opening game in Morgantown..... right at 55,000... Last year we averaged 57,000. Towson drew 56,414 opening day game last year. Ga. Southern a much better team. Ga. Southern won't be the most highly penciled in game for the citizens of WV, but night games draw better, and opening games have their appeal. Marshall averaged 27,000 last year. Playing "Power 5" Purdue (although one of, if not the worst P5 team) could get Marshall in the 28-30,000 mark, with about 12,000 left when second half kickoff takes place.

Schedule
Date Time Opponent# Rank# Site TV Result Attendance
September 6 7:30 PM #22 (FCS) Towson*
Mountaineer FieldMorgantown, WV RTPT W 54–0 56,414
September 20 7:30 PM #4 Oklahoma
Mountaineer Field • Morgantown, WV FOX L 33–45 61,908
October 4 4:00 PM Kansas
Dagger-14-plain.png

Mountaineer Field • Morgantown, WV FSN W 33–14 52,164
October 18 12:00 PM #4 Baylor
Mountaineer Field • Morgantown, WV FS1 W 41–27 60,758
November 1 3:30 PM #10 TCU #20 Mountaineer Field • Morgantown, WV ABC L 30–31 61,190
November 20 7:00 PM #12 Kansas State
Mountaineer Field • Morgantown, WV FS1 L 20–26 47,683

I'd say 44,000 at Mountaineer Field...33,000 at the Joan! The we can start the " you guys lie about the attendence figures" banter!

I'd say 44,000 at Mountaineer Field...33,000 at the Joan! The we can start the " you guys lie about the attendence figures" banter!

We'd both be setting modern day records, and I don't see that happening. Besides, Marshall is playing (finally) a P5 school..... Why no sellout? You're saying Georgia Southern will draw 12,000 less fans than the Towson daytime home opener last year? (playing at night in Morgantown with an all afternoon tailgate.....? Obviously, you know not of what you speak)

TALON, that is the height of disrespect. We'll be there. We get to witness carnage like that only once or twice a year..... Or, every Rutgers game.

See how I got 3 teams with one post? Talent, truly, on loan from God.

Reactions: WVmtnBikEER
We'll have a good crowd but less than soldout.....44,000 on a long weekend and aginst a ho-hum opponent is ain't bad ( not ho hum from my perspective).

I have never burned anything after a game, Win or Lose. As far as our "obnoxious" fans go. I believe we've been the belle of the ball in the Big 12 as far as opposing fan experience. I haven't heard a negative from any of our B12 foes, and have had more compliments in the last few years than ambivalence.

Marshall fans want to sensationalize and mislead folks due to their jealousy. They also envy the game day experience at Morgantown due to their lack of having ANY game day experience. Marshall fans show up sparingly for games and leave at halftime winning or losing. The only sellouts they've had is years they've played WVU at home, and WVU bought Marshall season tickets just to have a ticket for that game(they are dirt cheap). Marshall folks bitched after the game because subsequent games had even less people because all the Marshall season tickets bought by WVU fans were left in the dumpsters after the beatings.

Small time indeed. Very small. Not even the favorite team in their own town. So, they dwell here, living vicariously through the Flagship like a barnacle on a sleek seagoing vessel. They are the parasites of college football. A financially bankrupt program that cheats, loses, and bitches for handouts from WVU. All the while, trying to put WVU down to feel better about themselves.

If you come to the game, and travel through the tailgates, you'll be welcomed with good food and drink, and intelligent football conversation. If you would ever go to a Marshall game, you'd have to park in the streets of inner city Huntington and wade through meth and prostitution proposals to get to the garbage can they call a stadium. I dated, briefly, a Marshall girl while studying at WVU. The game day experience was boring and trashy to say the least. Even she admitted, it was nothing like a WVU game.

Good to hear from you Couch. I'm sure that the GSU fans will be treated well. I just place the picture there because it had a guy on a couch burning - BDtheC

Good to hear from you Couch. I'm sure that the GSU fans will be treated well. I just place the picture there because it had a guy on a couch burning - BDtheC

Oh, I dig the pic TALON...... And, there have been many a celebratory couches burned in Morgantown after big wins... There's no question about that. I believe all Morgantown couches are safe after our game win or lose.

Now, couches will be on death watch if we beat Oklahoma, in Norman, and go to 4-0. The great thing about that is, IF it happens, WVU would be in top 15. But, the OK State(top 25 team), Baylor (on the road... top 4 team), TCU (on the road, Thursday night on National TV.... top 4 team) games back, to back, to back, will be a tough row to hoe. But, if we're 6-1 after that stretch, we'll still be in the top 15.. Top 25 at 5-2.... Marshall could be 7-0 and not sniffing the top 25. That's the difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT