ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD Backyard Brawl - WVU vs Pitt

You won't ever be convinced. You are bringing up his hiring, why? That doesn't help your cause. He was let go for the SAME OFFENSE he was let go here.
It’s not hard to understand. We hired him off of a DUI, but suddenly when he has one at a moment that suits the President’s agenda, suddenly we are going to play the moral high ground when we know damn well the only reason he is here is because Cincy let him go because of a DUI? If you want to go down the rabbit hole further, he was fired from Cincinnati because at the time the then President didn’t like the “type” of player Huggins recruited where it’s now commonplace and the DUI just gave her the public cover to pull the trigger. It took Cincy, even with a good hire in Mick Cronin, 5 years to return to the NCAA Tournament following their decision to blow up their basketball program. Who knows how long it will take us to get back to March Madness if we whiff on the next hire.

The only thing that this proves is that WVU went above-and-beyond to give the guy a "second chance", to which he went and screwed that up too. What is the old saying: fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me? He (Huggs) forced the university's hand.
No, it proves that when you can hire a good basketball coach, you hire one. Stop trying to find a coach who is a candidate for Sainthood, everyone has their flaws.

If you really think that the school and athletic programs WANTED to fire Huggs, you are crazy.
I think Gee wanted to fire Huggins, Baker probably indifferent as he just got here.

Well, how's that any better than your argument that the school shouldn't have fired him because of this personal matter with him (drinking addiction)? So you are ok with an employer FORCING its employee to check theirselves in to rehab? But not with them having the right to fire him? That's messed up.

Let's be honest, Huggs will drink again. It's inevitable. He's an alcoholic. They have relapses. So cut ties and hope that he gets help.
I never argued that the school shouldn't have fired him really. I don't think they should have done it as fast and hasty as they did, and that was always my main point. It was really adding insult to injury when they made him resign so fast. It was obvious the fallout would be maximum damage, and it was. All I ever said was tje school doesn't "have" to fire him and a whole bunch of pp got their panties in a bunch lol. But its true, WVU didn't have to fire him despite what the little Jerry springers think and say. There was definitely a choice, and an argument can be made both ways. Personally I may have fired him but never in the way they did.

Never say never. People really do quit and don't relapse. It happens

I never argued that the school shouldn't have fired him really. I don't think they should have done it as fast and hasty as they did, and that was always my main point. It was really adding insult to injury when they made him resign so fast. It was obvious the fallout would be maximum damage, and it was. All I ever said was tje school doesn't "have" to fire him and a whole bunch of pp got their panties in a bunch lol. But its true, WVU didn't have to fire him despite what the little Jerry springers think and say. There was definitely a choice, and an argument can be made both ways. Personally I may have fired him but never in the way they did.

Never say never. People really do quit and don't relapse. It happens
I agree. They should have fired him instantly and not hesitated.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Here’s what I see. Huggins went on an obscure AM radio station
I love how you cherry pick for Huggs...so it being obscure radio means its okay to say what he said....because he didnt kill anyone with his DUI so that makes it okay.

You are either doing a great job of trolling or you are very low IQ.

I love how you cherry pick for Huggs...so it being obscure radio means its okay to say what he said....because he didnt kill anyone with his DUI so that makes it okay.

You are either doing a great job of trolling or you are very low IQ.
Yes everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot. Have a great night and enjoy our shit basketball season along with the many more to come.

Yes everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot. Have a great night and enjoy our shit basketball season along with the many more to come.
I wonder, what were you saying in 2018-19 season when Huggs led us to a 15-21 record? Were you doom-and-gloom then?

Yes - something 1 million people annually get caught doing is equivalent to literally taking a shit on a boss’s desk.
Ever notice that most of those 1 million are losers with no jobs or jobs without a public relations component. Ever notice how those that do have a PR component rarely get more than one strike? Ever notice how most of those DUI are not people driving while pounding beers behind the wheel and blowing nearly 3 times the legal limit. Stop acting like you don't understand how Huggins case differs from a typical DUI.

No...just you.

Since you have no issues with DUIs...For you, basketball wins is more important.

BTW...I noticed you failed to mention my actual point of how you cherry pick for the drunk Huggs.

Ever notice that most of those 1 million are losers with no jobs or jobs without a public relations component. Ever notice how those that do have a PR component rarely get more than one strike? Ever notice how most of those DUI are not people driving while pounding beers behind the wheel and blowing nearly 3 times the legal limit. Stop acting like you don't understand how Huggins case differs from a typical DUI.

So a guy who coached D1 basketball at a high level for 30+ years to the tune of 900+ wins and a hall of fame induction is a loser? What do you do for a living brother and are you one of the best to ever do it? Hes a flawed person that brings a lot more positives than negatives to the table.

Huggins case is different because we have dysfunctional power hungry leadership at a school that is going in the wrong direction at several nationally visible levels on both the academic and athletic front. Now is not the time to add “dumpster fire men’s basketball program” to the list of the University’s problems.

You didn't answer. No goalposts being moved. Did this coach have multiple DUI's? Did he have multiple drunken moments in public?
So for the record, 1 DUI is fine, 2 not so much? This guy has to go 20 years without another one to beat Huggins driving record.

So for the record, 1 DUI is fine, 2 not so much? This guy has to go 20 years without another one to beat Huggins driving record.
Nope. Never said that. Again, stop avoiding the question. Did this guy have multiple opportunities to correct his behavior like ours did and refuse to do so?

Don’t throw your back out moving those goalposts
SO.....what is your moral compass for a coach that is a leader of young men that is more important that 20 year olds not winning enough basketball games to make you happy? Would you be okay if Hugges assaulted someone. Raped someone?

Since a DUI isnt it. I mean what the hell...one is fine.....right?

SO.....what is your moral compass for a coach that is a leader of young men that is more important that 20 year olds not winning enough basketball games to make you happy? Would you be okay if Hugges assaulted someone. Raped someone?

Since a DUI isnt it. I mean what the hell...one is fine.....right?
It takes a really messed up person to compare DUI to rape. How many times have you texted and drove? I bet you do it every day you sick minded fool. Your mind is in the gutter. No wonder you're full of hate...

It takes a really messed up person to compare DUI to rape. How many times have you texted and drove? I bet you do it every day you sick minded fool. Your mind is in the gutter. No wonder you're full of hate...
I don't think it's that big of a stretch. Both are a total lack of human respect for others by your actions. You intent is to harm someone and take something away from them. And don't give me the "people who drive drunk don't intent to crash in to someone". YES......THEY........DO! Just the same as if someone points a loaded weapon in the vicinity of someone and pulls the trigger. Their intent is implied.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Good Lord comprehension isnt your strong point is it twat....I didn't compare the two....am I asking the low IQ goof where his moral compass is.....have you always had shit for brains?

For the love that is all that is good please tell me you aren't this fvcking stupid.....

Good Lord comprehension isnt your strong point is it twat....I didn't compare the two....am I asking the low IQ goof where his moral compass is.....have you always had shit for brains?

For the love that is all that is good please tell me you aren't this fvcking stupid.....
You said the word rape in reference to Huggins and a DUI because you are a creep. Own it and walk away like a decent person. You try to take the moral high ground against Huggins but there is none for you. Bob Huggins is 10 times the man you are, and a way better person.

Reactions: xWVU2010x
You said the word rape in reference to Huggins and a DUI because you are a creep. Own it and walk away like a decent person. You try to take the moral high ground against Huggins but there is none for you. Bob Huggins is 10 times the man you are, and a way better person.
Whatever you say shit for brains....

Better re-read it again....I was asking the other twat where the line was drawn with him....you really do struggle with comprehension don't you.

I dont have a DUI on my record....in fact I dont have a record at all...like the basketball coach you worship....pathetic....shows your moral compass too....OWN IT

And yes...I am 10 times the man you are, and a way better person.

Last edited:
This has what to do with Huggins situation? Two completely different issues. Did this guy go on the radio slurring Catholics and Xavier students? Did he then get busted 1 month later for the 2nd time that we know of for driving drunk on a shredded tire with a state vehicle? Also with no memory of where he had been since a burger king drive through at 1 PM. Plus claiming he thought he was in Columbus, Oh.

Your idea of doing what's right and wrong are completely irrational.

This has what to do with Huggins situation? Two completely different issues. Did this guy go on the radio slurring Catholics and Xavier students? Did he then get busted 1 month later for the 2nd time that we know of for driving drunk on a shredded tire with a state vehicle? Also with no memory of where he had been since a burger king drive through at 1 PM. Plus claiming he thought he was in Columbus, Oh.

Your idea of doing what's right and wrong are completely irrational.
So a run of the mill NFL OC can get a DUI and still coach that week, but you believe that we needed to blow up our basketball program because our coach who has accomplished significantly more at his position during a time where there really isn’t anyone we can backfill his position because what? It was the 2nd offense in 20 years? The silly AM radio comment? Please. This board needs to grow a set and stop looking for basketball coaches to be their moral compass.

Last edited:
I don't think it's that big of a stretch. Both are a total lack of human respect for others by your actions. You intent is to harm someone and take something away from them. And don't give me the "people who drive drunk don't intent to crash in to someone". YES......THEY........DO! Just the same as if someone points a loaded weapon in the vicinity of someone and pulls the trigger. Their intent is implied.
You are such a little drama queen, good day.

You are such a little drama queen, good day.
Poor baby....knows he is wrong on his take, and reacts like a two-year old....which person driving drunk right now you going to defend? Or is just ones that make you happy winning basketball games?

Poor baby....knows he is wrong on his take, and reacts like a two-year old....which person driving drunk right now you going to defend? Or is just ones that make you happy winning basketball games?
I’m not defending anyone, the man committed a crime and will pay the price that is in place. I am not saying he shouldn’t pay the price anyone else would have to pay, it’s you that seems to want a double standard that makes you feel better about yourself. You guys are a special type of masochist to take the time to post about WVU basketball and actively support a self inflicted wound to WVU basketball.

So a run of the mill NFL OC can get a DUI and still coach that week, but you believe that we needed to blow up our basketball program because our coach who has accomplished significantly more at his position during a time where there really isn’t anyone we can backfill his position because what? It was the 2nd offense in 20 years? The silly AM radio comment? Please. This board needs to grow a set and stop looking for basketball coaches to be their moral compass.
2nd offense for DUI and 2nd time in a month and a half that he embarrassed the school and himself.

WVU hired him from Kansas State in 2007 he was fired at UC in 2004.

If you want to support a drunkard then go ahead and follow him to his division 3 job.

2nd offense for DUI and 2nd time in a month and a half that he embarrassed the school and himself.

WVU hired him from Kansas State in 2007 he was fired at UC in 2004.

If you want to support a drunkard then go ahead and follow him to his division 3 job.
I root for WVU basketball, and we decided to hand the keys to WVU basketball to a complete amateur and voluntarily sign up for potentially the worst season in program history. We point blank didn’t have to, as you can see another coach got a DUI and no one cares, just like no one cares about Cincinnati AM radio, or Huggins DUI 20 years ago (obviously you didn’t either since you have supported him not long ago). This all at a time where the school is bleeding money and doesn’t need to compound the enrollment issue by having the revenue sports collectively shit the bed.

I root for WVU basketball, and we decided to hand the keys to WVU basketball to a complete amateur and voluntarily sign up for potentially the worst season in program history. We point blank didn’t have to, as you can see another coach got a DUI and no one cares, just like no one cares about Cincinnati AM radio, or Huggins DUI 20 years ago (obviously you didn’t either since you have supported him not long ago). This all at a time where the school is bleeding money and doesn’t need to compound the enrollment issue by having the revenue sports collectively shit the bed.
I don't cheer for Minnesota and if they want a drunk that drives around playing Russian roulette with his vehicle it's on them.

I cheer for WVU and don't want an alcoholic coach running the staff.

You just don't hire good coaches 3 weeks before season starts. With a year of searching they will find someone.

Give up your attitude supporting drunks who get behind the wheel of a vehicle. So drunk he has no idea where he is or has no memory of what he's done all day since his first drink. He had a BAC of .210

If that's what you want I can't support it.

The guy you're comparing, Phillips blew 0.08 after being pulled over by the Minnesota State Patrol, according to Pelissero.

That's about 4 beers depending on size and weight.

Last edited:
I don't cheer for Minnesota and if they want a drunk that drives around playing Russian roulette with his vehicle it's on them.

I cheer for WVU and don't want an alcoholic coach running the staff.

You just don't hire good coaches 3 weeks before season starts. With a year of searching they will find someone.

Give up your attitude supporting drunks who get behind the wheel of a vehicle. So drunk he has no idea where he is or has no memory of what he's done all day since his first drink. He had a BAC of .210

If that's what you want I can't support it.

The guy you're comparing, Phillips blew 0.08 after being pulled over by the Minnesota State Patrol, according to Pelissero.

That's about 4 beers depending on size and weight.
If that were all true like the rumor mill was crying about the night it happened, he would have gotten more than a slap on the wrist in court. He knew where he was at, and the BAC numbers are a complete joke and not even worth following because of a thing called tolerance.

But all of you text and drive and to say otherwise is a fkn lie. Its 6 times more deadly you little devil souls, so stop it. No one believes you caped crusader weenie wannabes. You are on here arguing your hate for Huggins because of your hate for Huggins. If you or your siblings, or cousins got a DUI your entire attitude about DUI would change and everyone knows it so you're really convincing anyone at all.

By the way, we know you text and drive. It is 6 times more dangerous than drinking and driving. It makes you worse than Huggins. To say you dont text and drive is a lie and we know it.

Last edited:
If that were all true like the rumor mill was crying about the night it happened, he would have gotten more than a slap on the wrist in court. He knew where he was at, and the BAC numbers are a complete joke and not even worth following because of a thing called tolerance.

But all of you text and drive and to say otherwise is a fkn lie. Its 6 times more deadly you little devil souls, so stop it. No one believes you caped crusader weenie wannabes. You are on here arguing your hate for Huggins because of your hate for Huggins. If you or your siblings, or cousins got a DUI your entire attitude about DUI would change and everyone knows it so you're really convincing anyone at all.

By the way, we know you text and drive. It is 6 times more dangerous than drinking and driving. It makes you worse than Huggins. To say you dont text and drive is a lie and we know it.
Yeah, even the DUI must be a made up story. Got it. What a travesty.

Every day, about 37 people in the United States die in drunk-driving crashes. That's one person every 39 minutes. In 2021, 13,384 people died in alcohol-impaired driving traffic deaths, a 14% increase from 2020. These deaths were all preventable.

Alcohol is a substance that reduces the function of the brain, impairing thinking, reasoning and muscle coordination. All these abilities are essential to operating a vehicle safely.

However, even a small amount of alcohol can affect driving ability. In 2021, there were 2,266 people killed in alcohol-related crashes where a driver had a BAC of .01 to .07 g/dL.

BAC is measured with a breathalyzer, a device that measures the amount of alcohol in a driver’s breath, or by a blood test.

The historical trend of DUI fatalities that drives the forecast has increased dramatically. 2021s DUI fatalities are 23% higher than 2016's DUI fatalities and are at levels not seen since 2003.

Keep pretending DUI is harmless.

Last edited:

Every day, about 37 people in the United States die in drunk-driving crashes. That's one person every 39 minutes. In 2021, 13,384 people died in alcohol-impaired driving traffic deaths, a 14% increase from 2020. These deaths were all preventable.

Alcohol is a substance that reduces the function of the brain, impairing thinking, reasoning and muscle coordination. All these abilities are essential to operating a vehicle safely.

However, even a small amount of alcohol can affect driving ability. In 2021, there were 2,266 people killed in alcohol-related crashes where a driver had a BAC of .01 to .07 g/dL.

BAC is measured with a breathalyzer, a device that measures the amount of alcohol in a driver’s breath, or by a blood test.

The historical trend of DUI fatalities that drives the forecast has increased dramatically. 2021s DUI fatalities are 23% higher than 2016's DUI fatalities and are at levels not seen since 2003.

How do you think Gee and co would feel if Morgantown PD setup DUI stops at every exit of MPS parking lots for gamedays? You know, since we’re a good clean family fun kind of AD and all with no room for a coach who drinks…

Reactions: deedoubleyou

I never said it was harmless ol. Just pointing out facts is all. How often do you text and drive? 6 times more dangerous than drinking and driving, but I think its more because the problem with measuring the drinking and driving stats is the elephant in the room, which is the sheer number of people who actually drink and drive every single day and will never admit it except to their closest peeps. Too many people doing it that will never really be accounted for. But its easy to see how many when you pay attention. 60,000 people on a full game day. How many of those people are driving after having drinks? Over 50% of them at least, all driving at the same time. The bar down the road from me, packed 7 nights per week. They all drive drunk every day and dont get caught unless an incident happens which is very rare. Im not advocating drinking and driving, but I think there are a lot of people who are not aware of a lot of things in reality sense, and all they know is patch the pony type stuff.

So, forreal, how often do you text and drive? Twice per day? Every time you drive? Be honest....

Did you guys know that Bob Huggins has done more for cancer research in WV than probably any single person in the state, ever? Ever lost anyone to that nasty stuff? Bob Huggins is a hero....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT