ADVERTISEMENT

Back or anyone else...pulled chicken Sammie's

Whole birds are fine but I like all white meat for a sandwich. Do you have access to fronts? That's what I like to brine and use. If you need a recipe for a brine I can post one....

Honey Cider Brine for Chicken or Pork

1 gallon water1 cup brown sugar2/3 cup kosher salt3 tbsp honey3 bay leaves5 garlic cloves crushedassortment of fresh herbs (thyme, chervil, rosemary and chives)1 cup apple cider3 cups ice
1) Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil in a large stock pot. Let boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add ice.
2) When liquid is cood, pour brine over chicken or pork, totally submerging the protein. Leave chicken in brine for 4 to 6 hours.
3) Thoroughly dry chicken, season and smoke.
4) You may use brine as a mopping sauce throughout the smoke.

Finally getting around to this back. The bird is sitting in the brine and going on the smoker tomorrow morning. Will let you know how it turns out
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Can't get pics to upload. FINALLY!
This post was edited on 2/23 3:17 PM by 1WVU
4fcc7eb6-0f25-4ad1-9b7f-efb8513a985d.jpg

This post was edited on 3/7 7:53 PM by 1WVU

My wife suggested it as I was prepping the bird. I told her to go wash the dishes.

Just kidding. My thought was since I was pulling the chicken it wouldn't make that much of a difference? Was I wrong? BTW the brine was excellent. Really have the bird a great flavor. Really didn't need a sauce. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing

Not a whole lot but it does help it cook more evenly. To make it simple you can fold the wing bones under and cut a slit in the fat at the end of the cavity. Simply cross the legs and slip the top leg through the slit.

Looks like a great smoke!

I did tuck the wings so they didn't burn but I'll try the leg tuck next time as well. I'm going to smoke another soon. Thanks for all of your help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT