ADVERTISEMENT

As Trump rambles lies and falsehoods

I asked you a very simple question and you couldn't answer it. I'll ask it again.

Which is greater, 10,000 or 12,200?
It doesn't matter.

Exactly, you still can't answer a very simple question. I have just showed the entire board your ignorance on taxes.

The 10,000 is the limit on SALT. The 12,200 is the "standard deduction" for 2019. According to your ignorant advice, I should be itemizing when the limit on my SALT deductions is 10,000 with no other significant expenses to deduct, like health care (which I believe has to exceed 3.5% of my gross income), etc. and the standard deduction is 12,200. Yes, I chose a smarter strategy - I invested with the amount being invested being tax deferred and only being taxed on the remaining amount.

We know exactly why you have someone prepare your taxes for you. You have displayed your ignorance of the tax code here for everyone to see. Dumbass.

Exactly, you still can't answer a very simple question. I have just showed the entire board your ignorance on taxes.

The 10,000 is the limit on SALT. The 12,200 is the "standard deduction" for 2019. According to your ignorant advice, I should be itemizing when the limit on my SALT deductions is 10,000 with no other significant expenses to deduct, like health care (which I believe has to exceed 3.5% of my gross income), etc. and the standard deduction is 12,200. Yes, I chose a smarter strategy - I invested with the amount being invested being tax deferred and only being taxed on the remaining amount.

We know exactly why you have someone prepare your taxes for you. You have displayed your ignorance of the tax code here for everyone to see. Dumbass.
More cuntry bullshit

Reactions: atlkvb

You said you make over 200K a year! 200K!!!!!! That puts you in the top 1% of income earners in America....with Trump no less!!!!!!!!!!

So you're telling the board on a 200K plus income you're too stingy, stupid and cheap to find more than 12, 200.00 dollars in itemized deductions?

Yes you are saying that. I'll just let that stand by itself in all of its luminescent brilliance of your abject financial ignorance of the tax code as well as your blinding stupidity.

Last edited:
You said you make over 200K a year! 200K!!!!!! That puts you in the top 1%of income earners in America....with Trump no less!!!!!!!!!!

So you're telling the board on a 200K plus income you're too stingy, stupid and cheap to find more than 1200.00 dollars in itemized deductions?

Yes you are saying that. I'll just let that stand by itself in all of its luminescent brilliance of your abject financial ignorance of the tax code as well as your blinding stupidity.
Lol. He can claim he does. The beauty of a message board

After trump, since he doubled the standard deduction, which after the standard deduction was doubled it pretty much equaled my itemizations, I stopped itemizing.

There it is right there. On a 200K plus income, you couldn't find more than 12,200.00 in itemized deductions?

I am just speechless.

I am literally speaking to a financial doofus. Good Lord!

Last edited:
You said you make over 200K a year! 200K!!!!!! That puts you in the top 1% of income earners in America....with Trump no less!!!!!!!!!!

So you're telling the board on a 200K plus income you're too stingy, stupid and cheap to find more than 1200.00 dollars in itemized deductions?

1200 dollars? Huh? Why do you keep throwing that out there?

Maybe we know you don't prepare your taxes because not only do you not understand tax code, but you can't do basic math? LMAO!

Because anyone was always allowed to have tax-deferred earnings. Trump had nothing to do with that. Good lord, are you for real?

Let me ask you a very simple question:

which is greater, 10,000 or 12,200?

LMAO!
I would have to agree if you make more than $200k you should be itemizing your deductions. I've never heard of anyone making that much that doesn't itemize. Maybe I don't understand your investment strategy, but I think its more likely that your tax professional is giving you bad advice.

You can only invest $19,500 in a 401k...less if your company has an IRA versus a 401k. Maybe that's your only investment...I don't know. If so, then maybe you're doing the right thing. But if you have other investments and/or own your own home there should be additional deductions you can take. You can deduct up to $10k...not sure where you live or how much in taxes you pay, but if you max that out that alone almost gets you to where you need to be. If so, it's likely you should be itemizing.

And the standard deduction is $12,200.

His point is there are literally dozens of other legal deductions available to you if you understand what's available in the tax code and have a sound financial planning strategy.

Clearly you have neither. Seek better financial advice. Thank you @NYC_Eer, maybe country will hire YOU?

His point is there are literally dozens of other legal deductions available to you if you understand what's available in the tax code and have a sound financial planning strategy.

Clearly you have neither. Seek better financial advice. Thank you @NYC_Eer, maybe country will hire YOU?
Not like he was making that much anyways

And the standard deduction is $12,200.
I understand, but that is only for property taxes. If you deduct the maximum of $10k for your property taxes that leaves you $1,220 more. If you can deduct any more than that, it benefits you to itemize. If you deduct the maximum $10k and you don't have any other deductions that add up to more than $1,220 that you are correct to take the standard deduction.

Of course, you'd need to factor in whether or not you need to use a tax pro. If you are taking the standard deduction you can probably file yourself and save the amount you'd pay a tax pro, which is probably in the $1k-$2k neighborhood.

Maybe we know you don't prepare your taxes because not only do you not understand tax code, but you can't do basic math? LMAO!

I do pay someone to handle my tax filings as well as my investment strategy and overall financial planning. I make good money and I don't want to see the Government confiscating most of it or seeing it lying dormant not performing for me.

Based on what you've passed along to this forum about how your own financial affairs are handled, you should hire some expert financial management professionals yourself.

Reactions: GrimReaper82
I do pay someone to handle my tax filings as well as my investment strategy and overall financial planning. I make good money and I don't want to see the Government confiscating most of it or seeing it lying dormant not performing for me.

Based on what you've passed along to this forum about how your own financial affairs are handled, you should hire some expert financial management professionals yourself.
He claims to be an expert on everything

I think what he's saying is similar to what I'm saying. If you subtract the $10k in max property taxes from the $12,200 standard deduction the only way you should then take the standard deduction is if you have no more than another $1,220 in other deductions.

I think what he's saying is similar to what I'm saying. If you subtract the $10k in max property taxes from the $12,200 standard deduction the only way you should then take the standard deduction is if you have no more than another $1,220 in other deductions.

Exactly. You said it better than I did but we both are saying the same thing.

Exactly. You said it better than I did but we both are saying the same thing.

LOL! Except it is NOT 1200 dollars. The difference is 2,200 dollars.

Yeah, I'm done arguing with an idiot. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Good lord, man. Stop embarrassing yourself.

I don't have $2,200 in other deductions. (It's not $1220).

Reactions: NYC_Eer
LOL! Except it is NOT 1200 dollars. The difference is 2,200 dollars.

Yeah, I'm done arguing with an idiot. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Good lord, man. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Someone from your own side just "politely" informed you in this thread your financial advice is as idiotic as your posts. He was more kind than me. I'm calling you an imbecile. He just advised you to revise your faulty financial planning strategies.

My suggestion is for you to keep up what you're doing. Even imbeciles deserve a chance at the American dream.

Last edited:

Misplaced comma, I meant 12,200 *the standard deduction

Guess I'm bad at math.

It was a simple typo @NYC_Eer in one of my responses to country. Country knows what I meant regarding deductions, and is fully aware of what you clearly laid out as far the advantages of itemizing above the standard deduction.

Country just cannot admit to being selfish & greedy, or getting bad financial advice, or being too ignorant of existing legal exemptions in the current tax code for folks with that high of an income. The reason for all that is country is so full of hatred for Trump, it blinds country to the many benefits left embedded in Trump's tax reform for high income earners, or country is just too stupid to figure out the tax code....or more likely country is selfish and telling us on this forum nothing but a pack of lies about earning in excess of 200K a year.

Appreciate your contributions to the thread.

I would have to agree if you make more than $200k you should be itemizing your deductions.

@countryroads89 ...this is the BEST financial advice you're going to receive and it was FREE!!!!!!!

Take @NYC_Eer 's wise advice and hire a good CFP to both reduce your tax exposure on a 200K income, as well as grow your earnings into a nice retirement income.

Your books are a mess!

@countryroads89 turns Black then admits the Truth about those tax returns
giphy.gif

You look Black young man...can YOU understand @countryroads89 's financial planning strategy? country is Black too 'ya know? (sometimes) So how 'bout 'dem books 'Lil Brotha?
giphy.gif

Say my Black is beautiful Brother...is @countryroads89 dissin' 'yo race by messing up all that coin? Like 200K, and NO DEDUCTIONS to the United Negro College fund![eyeroll]
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Oh @countryroads89 ...you have NO IDEA how much fun I'm having revealing both your prevaricating practices when it comes to your own finances, as well as your evil rich White/Black greed refusing to share your 200K bounty with the less fortunate.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hey @countryroads89 ...you gonna hire a CFP to help you handle all that coin you bank?

I have to be honest folks...huff...huff...that pesky Negro has finally got the best of me
giphy.gif

How can I stay in this thread exposed as the selfish, cheap, lyin', taxpaying Capitalist bimbo I am...Huff...huff...huff....????

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT