ADVERTISEMENT

MEMORY-LANE Anyone at the Wild Horse Saloon 21 years ago today?

Mountie1

All-Conference
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2001
Wilmington, NC
We were there getting ready to watch Brad Paisley perform for the pre-game party. I think tickets were like $15 each. WVU was playing Ole Miss in the Music City Bowl later that day.

We were there the night before as well and Trick Pony was playing. The place was packed with WVU fans and I think we made them play Country Roads at least twice. For the Pens fans, Mario came out of retirement that night and I remember watching the game at the bar getting tanked. Oh, and I just happen to meet my future wife there that night as well. Good times.

Anyway, back to gameday, after the Paisely concert, we made our way to over to Adephia Coliseum to watch Don Nehlen coach his final game with Brad Lewis as the QB (Scotty McBrien as the backup). It was cold as shit. We jumped on them early and was up 35-9 at halftime. Up 49-16 going into the fourth, they brought in freshman Eli Manning and scored 22 unanswered against some of our subs. I think we had to bring our starters back in on D for a while. Being WVU fans, it started getting a little stressful towards the end. Ole Miss had the ball with maybe 5 minutes left but we got an interception and that was it. The game ended 49-38 and we broke an 8 game bowl losing streak and Coach Nehlen rode off into the sunset.

Bowl games matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News