ADVERTISEMENT

And now it looks like Madeleine's closed

Mog

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Morgantown, WV
Morgantown's lost three of its best restaurants in just a few months time between it, Golden Finch, and Richwood Grill. That really sucks.

Originally posted by Mog:
Morgantown's lost three of its best restaurants in just a few months time between it, Golden Finch, and Richwood Grill. That really sucks.
I know you mentioned what happened with the Richwood Grill, but what about the others?

No idea really. I suppose it's just a tough business to make it in. There's a lot of competition out there. Hell, I ate at Madeleine's on its next to last day apparently, and nobody mentioned a thing. Madeleine's old website now redirects to this page for a new place called the Iron Horse Tavern.

Originally posted by Mog:
No idea really. I suppose it's just a tough business to make it in. There's a lot of competition out there. Hell, I ate at Madeleine's on its next to last day apparently, and nobody mentioned a thing. Madeleine's old website now redirects to this page for a new place called the Iron Horse Tavern.
Seems like that it's the same owner or owner group. Everyone is going to get a piece of the craft brew pie. It's insane, but unfortunately it's going to be short lived. Either way, I always get a little sad when a place I like goes belly up, especially a local place. Almost as if I ate there more or told more people it could have made a difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT