ADVERTISEMENT

All Big 12 Elite Eight?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
If Big 12 and Big 10 both get 8 teams in field, which Lunardi predicts, it’s wise to remember that would be 80% of the Big 12 teams but only 67% of the Big 10 teams.

Lunardi says ACC and SEC will have 7 entrants in March Madness field, Big East 5, Mountain West 4, hapless and disintegrating Pac-12 3 and WCC, whatever that is, 2.

It’s also possible, not completely improbable, that Big 12 will have NINE in March Madness. Every team except Texas Tech.

Since the rules forbid putting 2 teams from same conference in same quad, if Big 12 gets 8 in then they could wind up with all 8 in the Elite Eight! Wouldn’t that be something?

If Big 12 and Big 10 both get 8 teams in field, which Lunardi predicts, it’s wise to remember that would be 80% of the Big 12 teams but only 67% of the Big 10 teams.

Lunardi says ACC and SEC will have 7 entrants in March Madness field, Big East 5, Mountain West 4, hapless and disintegrating Pac-12 3 and WCC, whatever that is, 2.

It’s also possible, not completely improbable, that Big 12 will have NINE in March Madness. Every team except Texas Tech.

Since the rules forbid putting 2 teams from same conference in same quad, if Big 12 gets 8 in then they could wind up with all 8 in the Elite Eight! Wouldn’t that be something?

The caveat for the Big 12 is that any teams that met in the conference tournament cannot meet till the Elite Eight because they have played each other 3 times -- twice during the regular season, as all Big 12 teams do, and a 3rd time in the conference tournament.

In 2022 Texas Tech was the ONLY Big 12 team in its West quad, meaning it could not meet a Big 12 team before the Final Four. Baylor and Texas, in the East quad, could not meet before Elite Eight. TCU was only Big 12 team in South quad so could not meet Big 12 team before Final Four. Kansas and Iowa State, both in North quad, could not meet before Elite Eight.

Last year, as I posted for 2023, EVERY Big 12 team if it kept winning would be in the Elite Eight. That can happen again this year, as I posted, if the Big 12 has 8 teams, which will not meet till the Elite Eight or Final Four.

Sorry I didn't provide this example earlier for those trying to punch holes in me saying an All-Big 12 Elite Eight is possible. It was last year and it would be this year, too.

If the Big 10 also has 8 teams they wouldn't necessarily NOT meet until the Elite Eight because the Big 10 has divisions and every team does not play 2 regular season games plus the conference tournament. Only the Big 12 has everyone play everyone twice and then the conference tournament where 3rd meetings are possible.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: xWVU2010x
Good grief you're anal. Oklahoma is 12-12 as is Texas Tech and will not make it. You should also remember WVU has a few more games it must win first.

At least you finally gave credit for someone else's writing.

Reactions: Rootmaster

Next year you'll have 14 teams. Probably should start early and begin working on your percentages. 6/14 = 42.86%, 8/14 = 57.14%.

Also, Big 10 is a 14 team conference, so 8/14 = 57.14%. Thinking you should have just copied and pasted Lunardi word by word.

Next year you'll have 14 teams. Probably should start early and begin working on your percentages. 6/14 = 42.86%, 8/14 = 57.14%.

Also, Big 10 is a 14 team conference, so 8/14 = 57.14%. Thinking you should have just copied and pasted Lunardi word by word.
[roll]

Haven't you heard? Numbers tell all. CFE is Bucky and Bucky is CFE. Kazzman is another profile of TVZ.

Good grief you're anal. Oklahoma is 12-12 as is Texas Tech and will not make it. You should also remember WVU has a few more games it must win first.

At least you finally gave credit for someone else's writing.

TOP 8 BIG 12 TEAMS HAVE 15 TO 19 VICTORIES ALREADY. SINCE THEY PLAY EACH OTHER (MEANING A BIG 12 TEAM ADDS A W) THEN GETTING TO 17, WHICH GOT MICHIGAN IN LAST YEAR, PUTS 8 BIG 12 TEAMS IN MARCH MADNESS AND, BY RULE, THEY HAVE TO BE IN 8 DIFFERENT QUADS WHICH MEANS AN ALL-BIG 12 ELITE 8 IS MATHEMATICALLY POSSIBLE. IMPROBABLE, I AGREE, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE. MOST EXPERTS PREDICT 8 BIG 12 AND 8 BIG 10 TEAMS IN MARCH MADNESS. AND YOU STILL REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND THAT I DON'T COPY SOMEONE ELSE BUT I RESEARCH SEVERAL ARTICLES AND STATISTICS COLLECTIONS AND PULL OUT THE NUMBERS. IT'S CALLED RESEARCH AND ANALIZATION. I MADE MORE THAN $1 MILLION DOING THAT IN MY NEWSPAPER CAREER. IN RETIREMENT IT'S A HABIT I CAN'T AND DON'T WANT TO BREAK.

TOP 8 BIG 12 TEAMS HAVE 15 TO 19 VICTORIES ALREADY. SINCE THEY PLAY EACH OTHER (MEANING A BIG 12 TEAM ADDS A W) THEN GETTING TO 17, WHICH GOT MICHIGAN IN LAST YEAR, PUTS 8 BIG 12 TEAMS IN MARCH MADNESS AND, BY RULE, THEY HAVE TO BE IN 8 DIFFERENT QUADS WHICH MEANS AN ALL-BIG 12 ELITE 8 IS MATHEMATICALLY POSSIBLE. IMPROBABLE, I AGREE, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE. MOST EXPERTS PREDICT 8 BIG 12 AND 8 BIG 10 TEAMS IN MARCH MADNESS. AND YOU STILL REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND THAT I DON'T COPY SOMEONE ELSE BUT I RESEARCH SEVERAL ARTICLES AND STATISTICS COLLECTIONS AND PULL OUT THE NUMBERS. IT'S CALLED RESEARCH AND ANALIZATION. I MADE MORE THAN $1 MILLION DOING THAT IN MY NEWSPAPER CAREER. IN RETIREMENT IT'S A HABIT I CAN'T AND DON'T WANT TO BREAK.
Well, he got one thing right. It is analization.

The only thing you research is cut and paste.

How many Big 12 teams made it in last year? Six that's it. What are the Odds 7 or 8 make it. Not good.

How many teams from the Big 12 make the NCAA Tournament? ESPN's current bracketology slates nine Big 12 teams in the field, with Texas Tech being one of the first four teams out.

Texas Tech is out, no if and or buts about it. Conference play they are 1-10 and 12-12 overall. They have to win 7 straight.

Texas Tech remaining games (they might win 1 of those)
Kansas State
Texas
@ WVU
@Oklahoma
TCU
@Kansas
Oklahoma State

Oklahoma 2-9 (12-12) One of those are over WVU. Remaining games
Kansas
Kansas State
@Texas
Texas Tech
@ISU
@Kansas State
TCU

WVU has best chance to make it 8 at best but lot of work left. 4-7 in conference 15-9 overall.
@Texas
@Baylor
Texas Tech
Oklahoma State
@Kansas
@Iowa State
Kansas State

IMO they need at least 1 road win and all of the home games to be a lock. That Puts them in best shape and could be 8-8-11 (18-13).

They can get it at 17-14 (7-11) but that makes it more difficult. Not impossible but more difficult. Squarely in a position of getting off the first out group. They would need at least one Big 12 Tournament win. Then hope no other upsets occur in other conferences that have auto bids.

Even OSU could finish 1-6 and drop out unless they won Big 12 tournament. That's the difficult part of 9 making it in. They actually have to win games. Remember though they are playing against each other not another conference. I think 7 will be max. Will that 7th team be Oklahoma State or WVU, or neither one.

You are such a f ing liar and fake. You've been telling us for years that you made six figures in your supposed career as a sportswriter and now after folks have laughed at that you are saying a million dollars. You also apparently can't figure out how long that career was since you posted anywhere from 14 to 42 years. Meanwhile you've been 90 years old for six years. Your postings are mostly cut and paste plagiarism. So, why shouldn't EVERYBODY PUT YOU ON IGNORE. you are a waste a breath, a forum killer, a fake and fraud. I know that for a fact.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
You are such a f ing liar and fake. You've been telling us for years that you made six figures in your supposed career as a sportswriter and now after folks have laughed at that you are saying a million dollars. You also apparently can't figure out how long that career was since you posted anywhere from 14 to 42 years. Meanwhile you've been 90 years old for six years. Your postings are mostly cut and paste plagiarism. So, why shouldn't EVERYBODY PUT YOU ON IGNORE. you are a waste a breath, a forum killer, a fake and fraud. I know that for a fact.

YOU SHORTENED YOUR LIFE AGAIN. SORRY ABOUT THAT.

Positive Mental Health (PMH) studies show that greater levels of satisfaction with life make for longer lifespans.
Grouches die 7.5 years sooner than Pollyannas.
Study after study supports that being miserable is a self-inflicted shortening of a person’s life.

Post another response nastily and you'll die even sooner. Spreading misery doesn't pay. It kills you. Suicide to do it, in fact. Well?

Positive Mental Health (PMH) studies show that greater levels of satisfaction with life make for longer lifespans.
Study after study supports that being miserable is a self-inflicted shortening of a person’s life.

Post another response nastily and you'll die even sooner. Spreading misery doesn't pay. It kills you. Suicide to do it, in fact. Well?
Lol. Notice that you can't challenge what I posted. Should I tell the folks who you really are?

Texas game shortened my life today.

Lol. Notice that you can't challenge what I posted. Should I tell the folks who you really are?

I'll beat you to it. John Olesky, Morgantown Dominion-News staff during final semester at WVU, Williamson Daily News sports editor while Jim Van Zant was in the military, founder and creator of the West Virginia All-State Baseball team, Charleston Daily Mail sportswriter under Dick Hudson, exchanged phone calls EVERY month with Mickey Furfari including 2 weeks before he passed away, #2 in command at the Dayton Daily News under Si Burick, Ohio Sports Columnist of the year about 9 or 10 straight years, sports department management at the St. Petersburg Times, assistant State Desk Editor, newsroom technology coordinator, TV Editor at the Akron Beacon Journal (where I was responsible for two tactics that the ABJ benefitted from by $5.3 million). You have any other information?

And, in retirement, traveled to 56 countries (want me to name them all?), 44 states and more than 30 winters in Florida for as long as 4 months. Portfolio that would let me pay cash for your house, if you own one. 3 children, 7 grandchildren, 6 great-grandchildren. Want to insult my great-grandchildren, too? There's a 3-year-old in that group that could take YOU down!

Last edited:
I'll beat you to it. John Olesky, Morgantown Dominion-News staff during final semester at WVU, Williamson Daily News sports editor while Jim Van Zant was in the military, founder and creator of the West Virginia All-State Baseball team, Charleston Daily Mail sportswriter under Dick Hudson, exchanged phone calls EVERY month with Mickey Furfari including 2 weeks before he passed away, #2 in command at the Dayton Daily News under Si Burick, Ohio Sports Columnist of the year about 9 or 10 straight years, sports department management at the St. Petersburg Times, assistant State Desk Editor, newsroom technology coordinator, TV Editor at the Akron Beacon Journal (where I was responsible for two tactics that the ABJ benefitted from by $5.3 million). You have any other information?

And, in retirement, traveled to 56 countries (want me to name them all?), 44 states and more than 30 winters in Florida for as long as 4 months. Portfolio that would let me pay cash for your house, if you own one. 3 children, 7 grandchildren, 6 great-grandchildren. Want to insult my great-grandchildren, too? There's a 3-year-old in that group that could take YOU down!
Would you like me to tell folks who YOU really are? Your fantasy world is well documented.

Would you like me to tell folks who YOU really are? Your fantasy world is well documented.

GO AHEAD. I DARE YOU! OR DO YOU JUST WANT TO SHORTEN YOUR LIFE BY SPOUTING YOUR MISERY! GOOGLE JOHN VEASEY AND MY NAME AND YOU'LL GET A NON-FANTASY LOOK AT WHO I REALLY AM. BUT THEN YOU HAVE TO REVEAL WHO YOU REALLY ARE AND WHAT YOU REALLY HAVE OR HAVE NOT DONE. UNLESS YOU'RE ALL VENOM AND NO SUBSTANCE, AS I SUSPECT.

GO AHEAD. I DARE YOU! OR DO YOU JUST WANT TO SHORTEN YOUR LIFE BY SPOUTING YOUR MISERY! GOOGLE JOHN VEASEY AND MY NAME AND YOU'LL GET A NON-FANTASY LOOK AT WHO I REALLY AM. BUT THEN YOU HAVE TO REVEAL WHO YOU REALLY ARE AND WHAT YOU REALLY HAVE OR HAVE NOT DONE. UNLESS YOU'RE ALL VENOM AND NO SUBSTANCE, AS I SUSPECT.
Funny that you bring up Google since that is where you 1. Get your fantasy bio material from and 2. Find all the intellectual property to steal and post as your own.

Get a life, ahole.

UNFORTUNATELY, HE SHORTENS HIS LIFE EVERY TIME HE POSTS MALICIOUOSLY. MEDICAL SCIENCE HAS PROVEN IT. I'M 90 BECAUSE I'VE BEEN POSITIVE, HAPPY AND GRATEFUL FOR MY GOOD LUCK MY ENTIRE LIFE. MY REWARD IS NO CANE, NO WALKER, NO WHEELCHAIR, 50 TO 100 ROUNDS OF GOLF EVERY YEAR, VACATIONS IN 56 COUNTRIES AND 44 STATES, 30 WINTERS IN FLORIDA OF UP TO 4 MONTHS, A MARKET PORTFOLIO VALUE BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS GROWING AS A COAL MINER'S SON (DAD WAS MY BIGGEST HERO FOR PUTTING HIS LIFE ON THE LINE FOR ME EVERY DAY). LIFE IS GOOD, IF PEOPLE WOULD ONLY EMBRACE IT AND ENJOY EVERY MOMENT INSTEAD OF DESPERATELY SEARCHING FOR WAYS TO DUMP THEIR MISERY ON OTHERS, IN THE HOPE THAT IT WILL LEAVE THEM. BUT,, AS MEDICAL RESEARCHERS HAVE PROVEN, DOESN'T HAPPEB. THEY STAY MISERABLE. WE STAY HAPPY. AND OUT-LIVE THEM BY 7.5 YEARS. ISN'T MATH GRAND?

UNFORTUNATELY, HE SHORTENS HIS LIFE EVERY TIME HE POSTS MALICIOUOSLY. MEDICAL SCIENCE HAS PROVEN IT. I'M 90 BECAUSE I'VE BEEN POSITIVE, HAPPY AND GRATEFUL FOR MY GOOD LUCK MY ENTIRE LIFE. MY REWARD IS NO CANE, NO WALKER, NO WHEELCHAIR, 50 TO 100 ROUNDS OF GOLF EVERY YEAR, VACATIONS IN 56 COUNTRIES AND 44 STATES, 30 WINTERS IN FLORIDA OF UP TO 4 MONTHS, A MARKET PORTFOLIO VALUE BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS GROWING AS A COAL MINER'S SON (DAD WAS MY BIGGEST HERO FOR PUTTING HIS LIFE ON THE LINE FOR ME EVERY DAY). LIFE IS GOOD, IF PEOPLE WOULD ONLY EMBRACE IT AND ENJOY EVERY MOMENT INSTEAD OF DESPERATELY SEARCHING FOR WAYS TO DUMP THEIR MISERY ON OTHERS, IN THE HOPE THAT IT WILL LEAVE THEM. BUT,, AS MEDICAL RESEARCHERS HAVE PROVEN, DOESN'T HAPPEB. THEY STAY MISERABLE. WE STAY HAPPY. AND OUT-LIVE THEM BY 7.5 YEARS. ISN'T MATH GRAND?
You've been ninety for six years. How does that work?

you've been saying you're 90 for six years!

PROVE IT! JUST LIKE TRUMP YOU COVER ONE LIE WITH ANOTHER LIE!
Lol. Knew it was just a matter of time until you brought politics and the Real President, Donald J. Trump, into this. You are so shallow little one...a low IQ, cardboard cutout, Progressive pussyboy.

you've been saying you're 90 for six years!

PROVE IT! JUST LIKE TRUMP YOU COVER ONE LIE WITH ANOTHER LIE!
I believe you and your alter ego kazzblowme are the ones with the malicious post.

So it's true. You're a Biden lover.

I believe you and your alter ego kazzblowme are the ones with the malicious post.

So it's true. You're a Biden lover.

NOT A BIDEN LOVER. I SUPPORT OR OPPOSE ACTIONS, NOT THE NAMES. IF BIDEN AND TRUMP DID THE SAME THING I WOULD REACT THE SAME WAY.

IF I DON'T SUPPORT A CANDIDATE IT'S BECAUSE I OPPOSE WHAT HE/SHE FAVORS OR HAS VOTED FOR OR AGAINST, REGARDLESS OF HER/HIS PARTY AFFILIATION.

I ONLY WANT WHAT'S BEST FOR AMERICA AND PEOPLE LESS FORTUNATE THAN ME.

I'VE BEEN BLESSED FAR BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS AS A COAL MINER'S SON WHO SPENT MY CHILDHOOD IN MONONGAH, SITE OF THE WORST COAL MINING TRAGEDY IN AMERICAN HISTORY (362 KILLED, 1,000 CHILDREN FATHERLESS).

MY FATHER WAS A MIRACLE, SURVIVING TWO !!! COAL MINE CAVE-INS, THE 1ST BECAUSE HE WAS UNDER THE MULE THAT PULLED THE COAL CAR (LONG TIME AGO) AND THE 2ND EVEN THOUGH RESCUERS HAD TO REMOVE 4 FEET OF COAL TO GET TO ANY PART OF HIS BODY. HE DID THAT TO FEED, CLOTHE AND HOUSE ME AND PAY TO PUT ME THROUGH WVU WHICH MADE HIM A BIGGER HERO TO ME THAN FDR, CHURCHILL, EISENHOWER COMBINED.

NOT A BIDEN LOVER. I SUPPORT OR OPPOSE ACTIONS, NOT THE NAMES. IF BIDEN AND TRUMP DID THE SAME THING I WOULD REACT THE SAME WAY.

IF I DON'T SUPPORT A CANDIDATE IT'S BECAUSE I OPPOSE WHAT HE/SHE FAVORS OR HAS VOTED FOR OR AGAINST, REGARDLESS OF HER/HIS PARTY AFFILIATION.

I'VE BEEN BLESSED FAR BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS AS A COAL MINER'S SON WHO SPENT MY CHILDHOOD IN MONONGAH, SITE OF THE WORST COAL MINING TRAGEDY IN AMERICAN HISTORY (362 KILLED, 1,000 CHILDREN FATHERLESS).

MY FATHER WAS A MIRACLE, SURVIVING TWO !!! COAL MINE CAVE-INS, THE 1ST BECAUSE HE WAS UNDER THE MULE THAT PULLED THE COAL CAR (LONG TIME AGO) AND THE 2ND EVEN THOUGH RESCUERS HAD TO REMOVE 4 FEET OF COAL TO GET TO ANY PART OF HIS BODY. HE DID THAT TO FEED, CLOTHE AND HOUSE ME AND PAY TO PUT ME THROUGH WVU WHICH MADE HIM A BIGGER HERO TO ME THAN FDR, CHURCHILL, EISENHOWER COMBINED.

Well there you go pussyboy. That's the difference between you and me. While your father worked to put your lazy butt through college...I worked to put myself through college. That fact plus the obvious way that you think it is ok to steal other people's intellectual property nd identity and call them your own while I find that a sign of a know nothing blowhard defines why you are a fake and a fraud little one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT