ADVERTISEMENT

“They could easily be 11-1,”

atlkvb

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2004
This is from Keno's piece on our history v Miami as he was quoting Gibby on some of our close games against them and how they've played this year.

“They could easily be 11-1,” Gibson said.

Not so sure I believe that. This Miami team not only lost to a very pedestrian Notre Dame squad, but managed only 18 yards rushing against them... 18 yards! I went back to the box score of that game and I saw Miami attempted 35 rushes in that game, and as far as I know they had no serious injuries...they just couldn't run the ball on that Notre Dame team.

Notre Dame had even jumped out to a 20 point lead, which forced Miami to the air to make a comeback because they couldn't run the damn ball. Brad Kaaya was 26/42 for 288 yards in that game, and damn near pulled off a huge comeback against that weak ass Notre "Lame" Defense...but the point is as bad as they were, that Miami team still couldn't even find 20 lousy yards on the ground against them.

Now, I'll question if there is still a God if we get 20 points up on this unit today, and they're good enough to find a way to come back on us and beat us.

They played in some other close games this year, and maybe that's what Gibby was referring to with his comment...but I posted earlier that Miami only rushed for more than 200 yards this year 3 times, and 2 of those times were against FCS opponents. The 1 other time was against Virginia which was among the worst teams in the ACC this year. They never rushed for much more 150 yards in any game they played in win or loss.

We can't play give away against them, but I just have a hard time thinking this Miami team is that good where 11-1 was within their grasp. They finished 8-4...and I'm not sure they're even that good.

I want to see us roll them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News